Still can't get an "A ranking? Here's what you're doing wrong!

TheMollywhopper

EDIT: Please do not send me a friend request or otherwise message me regarding this game! I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just that I haven't played it in almost 5 years and remember next to nil about it!

Being that I am likely the only idiot who posts here that actually bought the strategy guide for this game, I feel it is my responsibility to post this info (even if you have the SG you may not have noticed this, as it is embedded in worthless pages of text).

There are a certain number of mission-specific "points" that you must accumulate in order to get the different rankings for each mission. The basic breakdown of points is as follows:

1) % of Enemies Killed

100% = 40 points

50% = 20 p

2) Enemies Killed By Orb Spark

2,001+ = 26p

1,000-1999 = 24p

900-999 = 22p

(every hundred kills downward from here drops your score by 2 points until...)

0-99 = 0p

3) Highest Combo

5,501+ = 20p

(This drops you one point per 500 combo hits until...)

201-500 = 9p

101-200 = 6p

1 - 100 = 3p

4) Ally Unit Survival Rate (in percentages)

91-100 = 10p

81-90 = 9p

71-80 = 8p

1-70 = 7p

0 = 0p

5) Number of Items Obtained (I assume this includes chest-borne goodies)

31+ = 5p

30 = 4p

20-29 = 3p

10-19 = 2p

5-9 = 1p

0-4 = 0p

6) Lastly (Thanks to Finest for the reminder!)... TIME

There's an equation for your points accured from time taken to complete the mission... Get your calculators out for this one: {(3,600 - clear time) / 200} + 18 The score is adjusted to prevent your time score from being negative or exceeding 36. For example, let's say you take exactly 10 minutes on your mission... 3600 - 600 (seconds) = 3,000... 3,000/200 = 14 (rounded up). 14 + 18 = 34. Sorry if this is confusing?!

Also note that each specific mission has a Bonus score with it's own criteria, which range from 5-22 points. The requirements for A rankings vary from 74-109 points.

I hope this helps someone who's struggling for an A rank as I have been!

Good luck!

Edited by TheMollywhopper

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking out man! Sorry about that! Here's the deal with time (I'll edit my original post to include this for future reference.

There's an equation for your points accrued from time taken to complete the mission... Get your calculators out for this one: {(3,600 - clear time) / 200} + 18 The score is adjusted to prevent your time score from being negative or exceeding 36. For example, let's say you take exactly 10 minutes on your mission... 3600 - 600 (seconds) = 3,000... 3,000/200 = 14 (rounded up). 14 + 18 = 34. Sorry if this is confusing?!

You have done an awesome job with this post, don't think I mean otherwise, but is there a list in the guide as to what the point requirements are for each mission? You posted a range for all of them together before but does it spill what they are for each one?

Again, thanks for the post. Now we know the method to the madness.

most helpful post .. gotta get my spark orb kills and higher combo's seems they're worth the most ..

just fyi

6) Lastly (Thanks to Finest for the reminder!)... TIME

There's an equation for your points accured from time taken to complete the mission... Get your calculators out for this one: {(3,600 - clear time) / 200} + 18 The score is adjusted to prevent your time score from being negative or exceeding 36. For example, let's say you take exactly 10 minutes on your mission... 3600 - 600 (seconds) = 3,000... 3,000/200 = 14 (rounded up). 14 + 18 = 34. Sorry if this is confusing?!

18+

-----

32 .. ?? =)

looks like every 5 mins it takes you .. you lose two of those points max being 36 points (3600-0/200=18 + 18 = 36) where at 5 mins it would be 34 .. 10 mins would be 32 .. etc etc

Nice job man. This is really going to help me out a lot. But is there anything that tells you certain things like how many enemies are in each mission so I can find out the percentage and how many items I collected? I don't know if I'm just missing something or what. Good job again, man. I'd appreciate any help.

Nice job man. This is really going to help me out a lot. But is there anything that tells you certain things like how many enemies are in each mission so I can find out the percentage and how many items I collected? I don't know if I'm just missing something or what. Good job again, man. I'd appreciate any help.

I haven't found any resource (online or strategy guide) that states how many enemies are on each level, and its hard to get an estimate because you don't know how many enemies were killed by your men. I also noticed that sometimes you can't even kill 100% of the enemies because some of the archery towers are unreachable. The best thing to do to keep track of items collected is to simply count them as you get get them :D.

• 5 weeks later...
1. Choose only archers

2. Let them hold their position right away.

3. Start killing as many enemies if you can, and be as fast as possible. Everytime your red bar is full, you should use your Special Attack.

4. Try to get a combo of 500+ at the Pwucks

5. Make sure your Blue Bar is full after you defeated the Armie of Nights.

6. Use your Orb Spark at the next group of enemies. But before you use it, make sure that most of the enemies are standing together to get more kills.

7. Kill everyone in the area before facing Dwykfarrio. If done right your Blue Bar will be full again. If not, you should kill some of the enemies around Dwykfarrio to get is full. This can be done best by killing the Goblin Wizards.

8. Kill the remaining enemies surrounding Dwykfarrio.

9. Kill Dwykfarrio!

If done right you should have 1000+ Kills, 500+ Combo and 200+ Orb Spark kills. These will be the most important stats to get the A-Rank.

Quoted from the [HELP] Inphyy's "Ywa-Ue-Uar Forest" A Rank Thread

• 2 weeks later...

hey i can't seem to get A ranking on 2 missions. Ywa-Ue-Uar-Forest with Inphyy and Castle of Varrvasarr with Aspharr. The highest I have gotten is B. I'm so tired of playing this game and the A ranking achievement is the only one left I have to get. This game is so repetitive please post back.....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey

I could need some help with Imphys last mission! I know there's a thread around but I want to ask u, you might can give me a "special tipp"...

I tried it about 10 to 15 times and I only get a B! that's really driving me cracy:mad:

I think I do everything alright and at the end I usually have about 1050 kills, 70% of my men staid alive, 350 combo, 15-18min to finish the mission

Where's the problem, I don't know what I'm doing wrong!?

Is it the kills- do I need to get about 1200 kills, mh if I do: How can I get that many?! At the beginning when I count about 450kills it teleportes me to another place where I have to kill that fat big frog- king- dude and after that I explored every possible way of the map, but I can't find any more enemies!:uzi: So I can't really get those 1200kills...that really suxx

Damn, I used to like this game, but I only need this lvl in A to get the achievement, so I wana beat it...

Need help!

• 2 weeks later...

Well these are the details of my mission clear whenever i finally (and i emphasize finally) got an A-Ranking

Time: 14:41

Kills: 1110

Standard Attack: 890

Orb Spark: 220

Orbs Obtained: 8452

Max Combo: 547

Guard Survival Rate: 62%

Successful Missions: 18 (sad isnt it...)

Bonuses: 700

Hope that saves someone beating this freakin' level as many times as i have

Also just something interesting, i didnt even know how to equip weapons or items until i had got A's on all of Inphyy's levels except the Forest, and also beat the forest 16 times.... considering i beat the level 16 times without an A ranking, and then only 2 more tries with new weapons/items equipped... it is safe to say they make a huge difference....(i didnt know i picked up any weapons, and i thought the items just added to stats by picking them up)

Here are my stats for the "Castle of Varrvazzarr" A-Ranking

Time: 23:27

Kills: 703

Standard: 640

Orb Spark: 63

Orbs Obtained: 6393

Max Combo: 5022

Guard Survival Rate: 39%

Successful Missions: 4

Bonuses: 1700

What i did was:

(1)choose all archers start tell guards to stay and kill the goblin archers near

(2)Go directly East all the way to get 3 chests

(3)Go north up the winding road but DO NOT KILL ANYONE:eek:

(4)Run all the way to the end of this road without killing any enemies and get the three chests there (1 is double orb value everytime for me)

(5)Equip default weapon and any itms (cursed choker worked well for me) that will take away from your attack

(6)Keep swinging non-stop until you get 5000+ combo :uzi: (re-equip attacking items and updated weapon)

(7)If there are a sufficient number of enemies left, use red bar orb attack to finish them off

(8)Proceed back to the main battle and kill all non-named enemies first and then Ppakk the Third, but try to get the blue bar up and keep it

(9)Once the orc captain appears, use orb spark... then defeat captain:chair

(10)Defeat all enemies with Dwingvatt, and then Dwingvatt

(11) Rejoice:woop:

Congrats you should have an A Ranking:drunk

by the way, make sure to pick up everything, and destroy all the chests

• 1 month later...