DLC on disc

APassingShadow

So everyone use to tear Capcom a new one for putting DLC on the disc but I noticed when I put in the codes for my "Special edition" that the DLC I was getting was on the disc. Now I have to wonder how is this any different then what Capcom does. Why can video game companies do this? Just makes me mad my friend on the other xbox can't use these "bonuses" that are on the disc. I think they should have to call it "on disc restricted content". Thoughts?

Historically, I'm not the biggest Rockstar Games fan. I think they churn out masterpieces just about everytime they release a game but I didn't really fall in love until I played Red Dead Redemption. I'll tell you one thing that has never crossed my mind after playing any of their games though and that's feeling ripped off or shorted in any way, shape or form. There's more content in this game than in about three full retail releases from most developers.

Short version: Fuck it.

Are we in 2010? Developers have been doing this for quite a while. It's more of an incentive to buy the special edition so you can get bonuses in-game. Don't want the special edition? Then no bonuses for you. I know someone's going to say "but it's not the full game! They take stuff out and charge us!" No. Again, they want to give something extra to the fans that are willing to pay $20-$50 more.

This is completely opposite of Capcom. Capcom rips stuff out from the main game and puts it on the marketplace to be sold for profit. Regardless of any special edition. They also will release on-disc DLC for profit anywhere between the release date and a couple of months afterwards.

But no, be angry. Clearly Rockstar is such a money-grubbing company right? They churn out game and after game with minimal improvement and everybody hates them right?

Rockstar knows how to play the game. They develop games that become huge fan-favorites and they give us even more with DLCs. I'd pay more for GTA V DLC than any other. I know the developers could have included all in-disc DLCs to the main game from the beginning but what would keep the players playing the game then? Well new content of course ;)

L.A. Noire, GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption and now GTA V. I have no regrets in paying full price for all of those games and the DLCs. The content is awesome and they deserve the money they get IMO.

Also I think the Special Edition DLC was on the main disc just that they would only need to add in the codes for you but keep all of the game discs the same. To answer why it isn't indeed a "downloadable" content, I don't know. So the players would get it faster and it would reduce the traffic on Marketplace? Who knows...

Are we in 2010? Developers have been doing this for quite a while. It's more of an incentive to buy the special edition so you can get bonuses in-game. Don't want the special edition? Then no bonuses for you. I know someone's going to say "but it's not the full game! They take stuff out and charge us!" No. Again, they want to give something extra to the fans that are willing to pay $20-$50 more.

This is completely opposite of Capcom. Capcom rips stuff out from the main game and puts it on the marketplace to be sold for profit. Regardless of any special edition. They also will release on-disc DLC for profit anywhere between the release date and a couple of months afterwards.

But no, be angry. Clearly Rockstar is such a money-grubbing company right? They churn out game and after game with minimal improvement and everybody hates them right?

You must not see the downside to on disc DLC. Also how is this rewarding when I am paying $20 extra for on disc DLC that is going to be sold in a month or two for $5??

You must not see the downside to on disc DLC. Also how is this rewarding when I am paying $20 extra for on disc DLC that is going to be sold in a month or two for $5??

Sounds like you'll be saving 75%. Get over it. Start a Capcom is a rip off artist thread and I'll support you 100%. But not on this one.

Sounds like you'll be saving 75%. Get over it. Start a Capcom is a rip off artist thread and I'll support you 100%. But not on this one.

Thanks Walter ! :D I'm not saying they are a bunch of scam artist what I'm saying is just because Rockstar does it doesn't mean it's all good. They are following the example of Capcom which companies will follow the example of Rockstar to where it just becomes standard that you have to pay full MSRP (and decide before the game even comes out) to get all the content that is included in the game you bought. I think we need to call this bullshit out every time regardless if it's great companies like Rockstar, Bungie, or Bethesda Game Studios.

It's this way for all pre-order/ collector edition dlc. This is nothing new at all and nothing to be upset over. All DLC arguments are silly to begin with. You are entitled to as much of the game as they consider part of the full package. If Capcom wants to add a few extra optional character or costumes for a charge, that's up to them. It's no different than paying $5 more for bonus features on a dvd. You made that choice to pay for something that is 100% optional from the original experience.

And note in many cases, it's only part of the DLC on the disc (Gears 3 for example). It makes for a smaller download for when the dlc is finished. The DLC may also share resources with some content in the retail disc.

Short version: Get over it.