bitching thread

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever gotten the "Notepad log of death screen", once... after a really bad install on my part... back before I knew that you can NOT run HD Texture packs without the HD mod. So seeing Technic/Tekkit give you one, makes me go: "Wait, what?! Even my test Netbook didn't product the NLoDS!".

I'm wondering... since it looked like you had a lot of mods and such already installed, have you tried a "fresh" installation, instead? When I did my initial install of Technic, it wouldn't go beyond the Mojang screen... but when I "wiped" my .minecraft folder (I made a backup of it, obviously), and .technic folder, and made a brand new install with a clean copy of 1.3.2 FR, it worked just fine. At that point, I assume it's just fine to restore your original .minecraft folder, since Technic will only really look at it's own folder.

...unless I'm wrong... which I may well be. I've still got to get it installed on my main PC, but been too busy with my project... and the idea of having to figure out how to force Technic to work flawlessly, without losing all my mods, is more than enough to turn me off to buggering with it.

Edited by Terra Branford

the technic launcher doesnt at any time touch the .minecraft folder so thats not it, its a completely separate minecraft application and downloads a fresh 1.2.5 jar to install

it can mess up sometimes but ive never had that come up from it even when adding mods to tekkit

Oh... I see. Well... I did not know that. Interesting.

problems with installation usually seem to come simply from he fact the installer is quite new ive had it bug out on me a few times and need a clean install especially when trying to play online
You know... it's stuff like that (problematic installations, not being able to play online, conflicts with other mods), that kind of solidifies my desire to NOT try making it work.

Yes... that means I don't get to play with things like the "one block BUD Switch", "Wireless transmitters/receivers", and other nifty additions (like that floating engine thing somebody had posted about before, as part of an Airship design)... but I don't really want to deal with all the bugs and problems inherent to Technic, just to make it work.

You know... it's stuff like that (problematic installations, not being able to play online, conflicts with other mods), that kind of solidifies my desire to NOT try making it work.

Yes... that means I don't get to play with things like the "one block BUD Switch", "Wireless transmitters/receivers", and other nifty additions (like that floating engine thing somebody had posted about before, as part of an Airship design)... but I don't really want to deal with all the bugs and problems inherent to Technic, just to make it work.

its not quite as bad as it sounds really, its just the launcher thats the problem and once you have it working it works fine.

onlines only a problem for us because we run the server, setting that up first time was aright pain in the arse and is every time it updates but generally once its up after an update that runs fine to

as for the conflicts with other mods, there isnt much of a reason to add other mods to these packs we only do because theres a couple that have been removed from it that we loved and wanted back which is more to do with just how long we've been playing tekkit and technic than anything else :p but it does come with everything youd usually want on top of it like reis mini map, optifine etc and its server is a modified bukkit one so we can add all the plugins we like to that

i wouldnt let my horror stories put you off though :D for the most part its a one click install, just every now and then you run into a little problem that needs a clean install of it and thats usually enough to fix it

its not quite as bad as it sounds really, its just the launcher thats the problem and once you have it working it works fine.

onlines only a problem for us because we run the server, setting that up first time was aright pain in the arse and is every time it updates but generally once its up after an update that runs fine to

as for the conflicts with other mods, there isnt much of a reason to add other mods to these packs we only do because theres a couple that have been removed from it that we loved and wanted back which is more to do with just how long we've been playing tekkit and technic than anything else :p but it does come with everything youd usually want on top of it like reis mini map, optifine etc and its server is a modified bukkit one so we can add all the plugins we like to that

i wouldnt let my horror stories put you off though :D for the most part its a one click install, just every now and then you run into a little problem that needs a clean install of it and thats usually enough to fix it

Eh... I tend to not want to risk dealing with a bunch of stuff, just to add "neat new features"... it's that whole: "Is the risk worth the reward?" question... and, right now... that answer is no. Plus, I still have a ton of other stuff I have to do, before I can start goofing around with Technic.

:D thats pretty much all i do, piss around to add new stuff to it these days , i actually spent hours one day faffing around to install tropicraft then played it once :D
Huh... I see.

And, now to return this thread to a "Bitching Thread"... I'm pretty much pissed off, right now, that Minecraft.net is down... thanks to Amazon's Cloud Services. I don't care about 90% of the other sites that are down, as well (I laughed when I saw Gamefaqs was also down)... but this means I can't log in to my buddy's dedicated server right now... meaning that there's likely going to be some serious issues on the server after we get back online. We just had to deal with an issue last week, similar to this, and EVERYONE lost their ranks and privileges... and I expect we'll have this happen, again, when we're back online... not looking forward to the screaming members going: "Why can't I use /chest and /workbench?!? I'm a Veteran!!!!!" if "Auto Rank" breaks, due to this crap.

yeah i should really add a bitch, well under my house i have a massive amount of redstone stuff so much so that i dont remember where half the wires go or what they do :D and a few days ago an enderman was walking around my hosue with a dirt block and everything had stopped working, long story short it took me 3 hours to work out what wire had been broken by the enderman picking up a dirt block from under it :D

Oh... I see. Well... I did not know that. Interesting.

My fault that it fucked up, I pressed the wrong thing. Go figure ha!

Magic Launcher is by far the best launcher for MC PC, can't believe I manually installed mods for months! Though I have ended up with 6 different jar files, one is not enough.

Edited by Burnout x360a

:D tekkit is glorious, everybody should play tekkit, it is my master...

seriously though its pretty much all ive played for months

Ok, im going to ask a stupid stupid question... ive heard it mentioned but what is tekkit? reading a few posts on this page, i figure its a mod loader, but cant you load mods in-game anyway? :confused::confused::confused:

Ok, im going to ask a stupid stupid question... ive heard it mentioned but what is tekkit? reading a few posts on this page, i figure its a mod loader, but cant you load mods in-game anyway? :confused::confused::confused:

tekkit is a mod pack for the PC version that collects all of the best technical style mods together

its all things to do with automation and electronics

they shouldnt come out of them, just stronghold walls

I decided to make a farm on the inside of my castle walls. As I'm breaking the cobblestone, these stupid things come out and start attacking me. At least six of them. I was able to get the cobblestone up and lay down dirt, but those little bastards are a pain in the ass.

I decided to make a farm on the inside of my castle walls. As I'm breaking the cobblestone, these stupid things come out and start attacking me. At least six of them. I was able to get the cobblestone up and lay down dirt, but those little bastards are a pain in the ass.
That... that shouldn't be happening, actually... but, I believe it. My buddy set up some mob plugins that allow the Silverfish to come out of Stone/Cobble ~anywhere~ in the world, under Layer 40... which was a nightmare, while I was mining out the land for my Slime Farm. >_< He also set it up so that when you Fish, you can ~fail~ at fishing, and get a "You reeled the line too quickly, and hooked your hand!" message, followed by two hearts of damage.

He's evil, I tell you... evil.