Hardcore Mode Saves Thread

josherpillage

Chapter 5 right before starting the fight in the church, save point behind some pillars you have to use with kinesis. Then Chapter 9, at the end of chapter 8 before entering the vent. And finally Chapter 13 after you send Ellie away in the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save 1: Chapter 5 (Save point where you use Kinesis on pillars)

Save 2: Chapter 10 (Before the 2 Brutes)

Save 3: Chapter 13 (After sending Ellie away)

I personally used the Contact Beam over the Force Gun. Once you fully upgrade your Alt Fire with the Special, there is no stopping you. Even Brutes had no chance with the primary fire charged up. 2 shots to both weak points and it's bye-bye.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Start of chapter 5

Start of chapter 9...so far so good...i i hope i can make it to chapter 12 now and save before the drill ride...

Just using the plasma cutter!

Made it from start of 9 to drill ride in one go, still just the Cutter...just maxed out RIG, Stasis and was able to buy the Force Gun just to have a second gun ready...now it is drill ride plus 13, 14 and 15!!!

Finished! Beat it in something over 5 hours with just the Cutter...awesome! Now the rest of Zealot and game is done!!!

Edited by Tommy Gun 81

4 - i didnt want to save so early, but if i died one more time and had to go through the first two chapters and cutscenes i was going to lose my mind

10- i dont remember where i saved, i think it was about 1/4th the way through the chapter

13- i save before the two "figure 8" shaped rooms (and later the brute) with the ass load of enemies.

once i got to the final store/bench, respeced my plasma cutter and put all of those nodes into the contact beam (already had the force gun fully loaded)

loaded myself down with med kits and FG and contact ammo.

the final boss was retarded easy with the contact beam. i didnt even get hit by the little swarm kids, finished it in like 60 seconds.

my best advise is, dont try and hold out to get past a tough area to save.

Save 1 : Chapter 2. I got a few problems with Chapter 2, so I decided to do the "Denotator Glitch", and I upgraded at the bench : Damages of Line Gun, my RIG, my stase, and the Plasma Cutter a bit. Then, I saved to be sure to not to have to do it again as it took 4 hours done during a whole day, so a little by little.

Save 2 : Half of Chapter 8. Lots of "one-kill-things" in that chapter and didn't wanted to go through Chapter 7 again (Chapter 7 is a pain to replay because of it's length). Also because I wasn't really in the mind of continue playing after the few hours I played.

Save 3 : Start of Chapter 12, but I did a new boost-session with the Denator Glitch to get the best suit, and refill my inventory, and had 70000 credits still remaining after that. I also practiced the Eye-Poke Machine with another save and now, I can do it each time without any problem (I didn't noticed there is a number decreasing on the Panel. You can go until 0.1 but 0.5-0.4 is better. Then, you press A just once when the color is blue. If you are to far from the eye, do it again and again. From my tests, 0.1 need to press A "twice". If you push "A" heavier, you can do it from 0.5-0.4. I also practiced the ship scene, after the last boss, to be sure to not die there, and I finally made it :)

Edited by davhuit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5 (Just before entering the Morgue)

Chapter 8 (Just before the start of Chapter 9)

Chapter 13 (Just after saving Ellie)

Just beat it today, final 2 chapters with the Ubermorph were a rush. Had quite a few close calls LOL. Going to hit Zealot now, do mop up, and move on to Severed.

Edited by Convas

Chapter 1 after tripod & collecting 100 power nodes

Chapter 8 end

Chapter 13 before eyepoke.

collecting those nodes was a lengthy process hence the early save as I did it the day before & went all rambo & died in the laundry , see onedarkwarlord vid on youtube for method, it made for an easier hardcore run for sure.

• 2 months later...

Chapter 3 - Right after the upside-down rope sequence (I was sick of restarting so I saved early)

Chapter 7 - Just before aligning the solar arrays

Chapter 10 - Before fixing the tram station's tracks

My heart was beating fast the last few chapters. Knowing that I'd have to start all the way back at the beginning of Chapter 10 was hard to absorb.

Guest Scotty
Chapter 3 - Right after the upside-down rope sequence (I was sick of restarting so I saved early)

Chapter 7 - Just before aligning the solar arrays

Chapter 10 - Before fixing the tram station's tracks

My heart was beating fast the last few chapters. Knowing that I'd have to start all the way back at the beginning of Chapter 10 was hard to absorb.

you went from chapter 10 to the end? that is some serious bravery right there. i used my last save on chapter 13, just before the eye ball machine and died around 4 or 5 times running through past the regenerator thing, i'm so glad it was only about 15-20 mins worth of work i was losing, i cant imagine going back to level 10. especially with how hard the ishimura is aswell, that took me a fair few tries.

my saves were;

chapter 5, before the huge-ass tripod thing

chapter 10, at the start of the ishimura

chapter 13, before the eye ball machine.

gotta say, this is one great game.

you went from chapter 10 to the end? that is some serious bravery right there. i used my last save on chapter 13, just before the eye ball machine and died around 4 or 5 times running through past the regenerator thing, i'm so glad it was only about 15-20 mins worth of work i was losing,

Yeah, I didn't think I would make it though. I kind of made it my "bonzai run" because I knew that I saved way too early. With my experience and familiarity of where the enemies spawned at I didn't have much of a problem of starting over. I have to admit, though; my hands were shaking during the last two chapters.

i cant imagine going back to level 10. especially with how hard the ishimura is aswell, that took me a fair few tries.

my saves were;

chapter 5, before the huge-ass tripod thing

chapter 10, at the start of the ishimura

chapter 13, before the eye ball machine.

gotta say, this is one great game.

I found the Ishimura chapter to be relatively easy. The two brutes can easily be killed by stasising them and shooting a Line-Gun Alt-Fire mine at the ground. It has to have at least four Alt upgrades though. The Decontamination Center was easily completed by using the Contact Beam and a few Plasma Cutter shots for The Pack.

But I agree, terrific game. I'm now at Chapter 7 on Zealot using nothing but the Foam Finger Gun and it has only taken around an hour and thirty minutes. ;)

Save 1: Ishimura tram control room (Beginning of Chapter 10) (This is the 2nd hardest chapter in the game IMO)

Save 2: Just before I get on the Drill Lift (Chapter 12)

Save 3: Before the Needle machine (End of chapter 13) The needle machine is easy, but the ensuing chase in Chapter 14 and 15 is going to take a few attempt and this is the second to last room with both a store and a bench.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87
read the original post

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't actually played it yet but I plan to save at chapter 8,11, then right before the eye poke machine(don't remember the chapter).

My biggest worry is the power cutting out or something important coming up so I plan to go for this when I'm the only one at the house on a Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started today. I'm definately someone who would rather do a longer stint in the earlier/easier chapters, so that if I die in the later chapters, there isn't as far to go back to my last save (even if that means I die on a section a few times getting to the next save).

I planned on saving:

1) End of chapter 8/Start of chapter 9.

2) Somewhere in 11 (depending on how far into the level I felt like going at the time)

3) Before eye poke machine.

I've done my first save now, but chickened out and saved early just before the solar array and infinate spawn area (whilst Ellie is opening the door at the end of chapter 7). I know this is close to the disc swap checkpoint, but I heard a few people say they've died here and I've had the game freeze on me during my casual run, so I didn't want to risk having to start from chapter 0 if this happened again. If I had died here, I wouldn't have had a problem just having to do chapter 7 again though. I'm also very glad that I held out till disc 2 for my first save and would definately recommend this to anyone who has the time to play for this longer stint. This still leaves me with a reasonably long second stint though, as I saved a bit early (Chapters 8 and 9 are short, although I'm not sure if the tripod nest could be a problem. Chapter 10 is a bit long and dangerous and Chapter 11 has alot of emenies spawning I seem to remember).

So far I haven't died yet (still got the harder half of the game to go though). I've been playing a youtube video as I go, pausing the game to see what awaits in the next room, then pausing the video and playing.

I haven't got any DLC. I've only used the plasma cutter so far. I plan on getting the force gun too, but I want to save my money for the Vintage suit first for when it is available, then I'll start thinking about the force gun.

It isn't as hard as you may fear going into hardcore (not so far anyway). The only time so far that I've even had red health is fighting the tripod at the end of chapter 1 (I didn't do that fight well at all). I've been keeping 3 or 4 small first aid kits on me and banking any others. I've got lots of first aid in the bank now. I haven't even touched any of my medium kits yet. I agree with alot of people who have said that if you know what's coming next, it's not really a problem. Just don't let your nerves get the better of you.

Sorry for the long post. Last thing I need to say is a big thank you to the youtube player posting from 'NextGenWalkthroughs'. They're playing in a way that is good to use as a comparison as to how well you're doing. It's a more 'realistic' run. They aren't using tactics that you would only have come up with if you've completed hardcore 20 times or more.

Edited by PhilAvery

Done my second save today. That stint was much harder than the first. I finally got to just before the lift at the end of Chapter 11.

I died/restarted a few times here.

1) C9-Died at tripod nest.

2) C8-Died to normal enemies not long after dying first time (rushed it a bit).

3) C11- Died in open room where you swap the batteries (near start).

4) C9-Got beaten up by normal enemies, thought I should quit/take a break.

5) C8-Wasted my money (forgot vintage suit was coming up) so restarted.

6) Got to the save point! I hate that stint...

Started using some medium first aid kits now, but still got a rediculous amount left in the bank.

Got to the eye poke machine save and finished the game all in one go without dying. Cleared in 6:59:07. I died/restarted 6 times, all of which were between my first and second saves.

The force gun wasn't used much, mainly the plasma cutter, although the force gun did make the lift in chapter 11 (which I was fearing a bit) and the drill ride into a joke (stand still by the middle of the cab and look both ways before forcing them off the side, whilst the guys shooting at you miss every single shot due the the drill platform always moving forward).

So to conclude my saves were:

1) Chapter 7-Before solar array

2) Chapter 11-Before lift at the end of the chapter

3) Chapter 13-Before eye poke machine

Seeing how long the first stint was and the second stint being by far the hardest, whilst the third and forth were both quick and easy, if I had to do it again I would probably save:

1) Mid-to-late disc 1 (maybe begining of chapter 5)

2) Chapter 9-Before tripod nest

3) Chapter 11-By the shop/save early in the chapter

Edited by PhilAvery

The disc change gives you a checkpoint not a save, so it's only usable whilst you've still got the console on (it is NOT a save, so if you get there then DO NOT SWITCH OFF YOUR CONSOLE UNTIL YOU USE ONE OF YOUR 3 SAVES ON DISC 2).