Halo 2 remake to be presented at E3 2013?

Walecs360

They should at least release the multiplayer intact with splitscreen or system link support!

There's no reason why Halo CEA couldn't have had its multiplayer retained still. Not everyone necessarily wants/needs LIVE support. To cut such a feature is such a disappointing waste and given that that release was about reliving the original game itself it'd make perfect sense to have retained the very feature that gave people great memories in the way they had to back then anyway (i.e. splitscreen/link).

I've absolutely gotta agree. Split screen made the Halo experience for my friends and I. There was nothing like going to my friend's basement and playing 5v5 with multiple xboxs, and tvs ultimately having an amazing experience.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, multiplayer made the game. The campaign was one of the weakest in the series, with some parts purely an exercise in frustration. Poorly executed skulls and secrets, dodgy pop-in and now I look back some pretty blocky graphics too.

This is purely subjective. Blocky graphics...? It was made in 2004, what do you expect.

Didn't 343i dismiss Halo 2 Anniversary as a rumor? Besides, I'd rather have everyone at 343i to be hard at work on the rest of The Reclaimer Trilogy instead of remaking a game. Even though CE Anniversary was pretty good.

Not necessarily.

Sabre Interactive Actually did the Development work on Halo CE Anniversary.

And to all the People Assuming they will remake Halo CE Again - I wouldn't get too excited. Besides, did anyone read the whole article?

It seems pretty sketchy to me.

This is purely subjective. Blocky graphics...? It was made in 2004, what do you expect.

Same year as MGS: Snake eater, KotOR 2 and Dead or Alive ultimate. Just saying.

But fair enough, I was being a little harsh. I just remember staring at rocks and grass for ages on Halo:CE being amazed and found the H2 textures to be a little bland.

It seems to me that Halo Anniversary just had a texture upgrade (and a few invisi-barriers messed with, the scoundrels). Doing Halo 2 would take the same effort. Would love to play all those maps again, even on system link only but I don't see why they couldn't allow online customs at least.

Sticky King on Midship = best game ever.

But fair enough, I was being a little harsh. I just remember staring at rocks and grass for ages on Halo:CE being amazed and found the H2 textures to be a little bland.

It seems to me that Halo Anniversary just had a texture upgrade (and a few invisi-barriers messed with, the scoundrels). Doing Halo 2 would take the same effort. Would love to play all those maps again, even on system link only but I don't see why they couldn't allow online customs at least.

Sticky King on Midship = Best game ever.

It's all good. If they do decide to remake Halo 2, I think they should just do an HD remake of the Campaign and list it for $30-40. To re-do the whole Multiplayer too, or even some classic fan-favorite maps like they did for Halo CE Anniversary...well, as fun as it would be, that would just take away from Halo 5 development. Oh, and they best not dare mettle with the glitches from Campaign. I remember skipping half the levels at times from Grenade Jumps and bringing the Banshee into the Control Room and slaughtering Tartarus with it :D

Bolded for truth!

Right now we pretty much have an Halo every year... but a new MP every 2 year, for exemple ODST used the multi of Halo 3, Halo 1 remake used the multi of Reach and such. Only putting a map pack. So far for me i think its pretty good this way, i hate how i can't even enjoy a MP like COD and prestige a few times before the next one is release... only to be pretty much the same thing with a few perks, killstreaks and a couple gun name change... And worst... releasing 60 bucks out of DLC maps only to change game 5 months later... ahem...

So well to get back on Halo, im sure Halo 5 won't come next year, it would be too quick, so the chances for an Halo 2 remake, or something else but based on the Halo franchise, is high. Maybe Halo Wars 2..., an Halo focused on another character(Lasky, or Palmer.. dunno) but im sure they will release something... Its the trend now to release 1 game a year.. Even Gears of War get a new game only 1 year and a half after GOW3... i wouldn't surprise if they make this a pattern for an annual release later...

What is this? A Halo 2 Remake? :confused:

Did I dream buying & playing through the remake of Halo 2 on PC with LIVE Achievements?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/05/halo2_vista_425px.jpg

It had better graphics, sound, multiplayer, map editor + more new stuff...surely that counts as a remake right?

Would they really do it again just for the consoles?

Isn't it better to move forward?

I think Halo CE only got an anniversary because it was the first game in the series and made Halo what it is today.

Edited by Lebowski

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

They already remade Halo: Combat Evolved, so I suppose they're gonna remake Halo 2, and, if they're really going to remake Halo 3 (even though it seems a bit pointless to me) I think it's gonna be for the next Xbox.

It's possible but unlikely. They remade CE b/c it was a major selling title and pretty much always been in the top spot of it's genre. It was also mainly to honor the 10 year anniversary of the series as well as 343i's initial "test run".

• 1 month later...
What is this? A Halo 2 Remake? :confused:

Did I dream buying & playing through the remake of Halo 2 on PC with LIVE Achievements?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/05/halo2_vista_425px.jpg

It had better graphics, sound, multiplayer, map editor + more new stuff...surely that counts as a remake right?

Would they really do it again just for the consoles?

Isn't it better to move forward?

I think Halo CE only got an anniversary because it was the first game in the series and made Halo what it is today.

Yeah, but you can forget that game with Windows 7 :mad:

I played and 100%'d it on Windows 7 about 10 months ago with no problem. What are you babbling about?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

well now with the announcement that Halo 2 Vista servers are being shut down, the need for a Halo 2 anniversary is all the more necessary. Honestly, though, I'm not really expecting them to give us the original H2 multiplayer just like they didn't with CEA. At the very least, however, I would like to see them add a dozen Halo 2 maps to the H4 multiplayer with a few classic playlists (none of that Infinity stuff for the classics please.)

I can't stress enough how much Halo 2, 3 and 4 have in common with multiplayer. It's mostly just tweaked setups that would be easy to fix. It's nothing like putting Halo: CE's MP into Reach's.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually kinda hope this happens inculding the original multiplayer this would be pretty cool. idk what is wrong with remaking halo games, i mean halo 2 got shut down and now no one can play the MP with their friends, halo2vista is shutting down in a few days so why should this mean the end of halo 2 for good when halo 2 is one of the largest milestone in online gaming... i dont think every game should be remade because not everyone got shutdown. (dukenukem and i think doom 3 got remade) i can see why some people look at it as obnoxious to remake halo games though because it doesnt seem right but they are worth while games.

I actually kinda hope this happens inculding the original multiplayer this would be pretty cool. idk what is wrong with remaking halo games, i mean halo 2 got shut down and now no one can play the MP with their friends, halo2vista is shutting down in a few days so why should this mean the end of halo 2 for good when halo 2 is one of the largest milestone in online gaming... i dont think every game should be remade because not everyone got shutdown. (dukenukem and i think doom 3 got remade) i can see why some people look at it as obnoxious to remake halo games though because it doesnt seem right but they are worth while games.

Remaking its original MP will never happen and it shouldn't happen, IMO. The most they should do is what Halo CEA did and take 5-8 maps and remake them - then add them into Halo 4's MP with some achievement perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Halo 1 remake, its clear a lot of effort went into it, I would love to see the 2nd remade to the same standard. The 3rd game as others have said would be pointless, maybe it will be one of the spin-offs like ODST or Wars but any Halo after the 3rd are visually good enough anyway.

Yeah, but you can forget that game with Windows 7 :mad:

Just completed it a few weeks ago, since the online servers were getting shut down. They have since extended the shutdown to june. So there is still time.

For the record I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 and had no problems running Halo 2.