Death Star II Undefeated Rubber Band Strategy

arikmoon

Easy as Pie. Position a rubber band to keep the X button down. This frees up your thumb to do all the barrell rolling you can want, AND MORE!

Shooting torpedos is also a breeze with the rubber band in place.

The best way I can describe the positioning is a northwest to southeast line, on the right controller grip. The rubber band goes between the battery pack and RT/RB, and then across the X button holding it down, all the way down to the lowest right tip of the controller grip.

The rest of the strategies for Death Star II apply: use the TIE interceptor at all times (except for blowing the core, then use the Millenium Falcon), barrell roll constantly, and don't forget that hearts do not disappear on this level.

I was so happy this worked as well as it did, I messed up a couple of times in the last section because I kept barrell rolling. Then I realized...there are no fighters here, so it's just manuevering.

Good Luck, and I hope this helps you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

BIG thx, took me a few tries to beat it, mostly cuz i was being too overly cautious, but this worked like a CHARM. as i flew out of the core seconds away from getting the 1k for beating it all i thought to myself "man i love those forums" :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to give this a shot. I got 980 pretty easily, and tried this final mission a couple times before deciding it probably wasn't worth the aggrivation. Not because I don't think I couldn't do it, but mainly because the game has a tendency to freeze up on me with this mission. Having 980 doesn't really bother me that much, but with this strategy making it a bit easier, I'll probably give it a few more shots to finish the game completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
do you have to actually kill all of those stupid electric things or can you ignore them? ... they piss me off.

Yes you do, you don't get access to shoot the core unless you get rid of the electric thingys.

I haven't tried the rubber band yet but I'm getting desperate and my sister wants her game back! Hopefully it will work for me too!

Thx for the great tips.