No Achievements?!

norcalsniper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass on the DLC for now. I consider myself a completionist (sounds better than "completion whore" ;)), so my Microsoft points are going to some DLC with achievements involved. Just you wait, though. Bonfire is totally going to have achievements like "did something in the Forli" and I'll have to buy both anyway. :p

Actually, though, I'm big on the Italian Renaissance, so maybe I'll pick it up just for that? Maybe when I get more than $9 in my pocket. :(

I'd prefer it if there were achievements obviously, but even if there aren't, I'll still get it. I like the game too much to ignore it.

I understand people getting angry when there are no achievements, but back in the old days we used to play games just for the sheer enjoyment of it. Yes, the achievements would add an extra incentive, but the lack of them isn't enough to stop me downloading it and just enjoying it for what it is.

I understand people getting angry when there are no achievements, but back in the old days we used to play games just for the sheer enjoyment of it.

You make a fine point, but don't forget we also never used to spend $5-$10 (I don't know UK prices, I apologize) on "extra" content that could arguably be in the game that we just paid full price for.

I don't understand why people are angry over no achievements. If they wanted to get it and went on and on about getting it before the whole no achievements lark- then why should they care about it having none; I'm pretty happy atm as I don't have many points to spend on DLC so this saves me a little. I might pick it up one day when I have spare MS Points but for now it's saved me 320 : )

Just glad it isn't like The Force Unleashed- 800 MS Points for the Tatooine DLC, 15 minutes of play time and 135 gs (or something) I don't mind shelling out MS Points so Dev's earn money off what they've made but 800 for 15 minutes; ridiculous.

You make a fine point, but don't forget we also never used to spend $5-$10 (I don't know UK prices, I apologize) on "extra" content that could arguably be in the game that we just paid full price for.

I agree but at the same time disagree; If the content is 1 GB like the Dev's said then it really was too big for the game (understandable that they cut it out); though if so then they could have at least placed it on the PS3's version which has 17 GB more space on the Blue Ray Disks they use than the Dual Layer Disks the Xbox Uses (Obviously enough space for the 2 GB supposedly required for the DLC) but they never did.

Edited by Insanemaniak

Yes, that's true. DLC is fine when it is exactly that. In other words, actual extra content as opposed to something which should have been in the game in the first place. Unfortunately though, the concept of DLC is being some what abused now. They with-hold some of the game's original content only to sell it to you a couple of months later for an extra £3-£7 (400Ms points is equal to about £3.50 ish). Although, I suppose AC2 is a pretty long game in the first place.

Im getting it, but i'm disappointed there are no achievements, but as has already been said we used to play just for fun, I still do I just thinks it gives games a whole new dimension when you achieve something (hence achievements lol).

But some ppl still play the original xbox and ps2 as there are some great games on them, I for one still play the warriors on ps2 often.

Anybody remember it? They should do a sequel to that game (not like that piece of sh*t arcade game).

...wow ive gone off topic oops!

I agree but at the same time disagree; If the content is 1 GB like the Dev's said then it really was too big for the game (understandable that they cut it out); though if so then they could have at least placed it on the PS3's version which has 17 GB more space on the Blue Ray Disks they use than the Dual Layer Disks the Xbox Uses (Obviously enough space for the 2 GB supposedly required for the DLC) but they never did.

Ok, I understand your point here as well. However, now you're saying it's content they couldn't include because the game was already too big so they took it out. If that's the case then we should be able to download it for free.

Because now you're saying it's stuff they would have had in there but couldn't. Now we have to spend almost 1/6th the price of a full game for content that was meant to be in the game we already paid for in the first place? lol It just doesn't make sense.

It's one thing when it's extra HUGE content that they newly develop such as the Grand Theft Auto IV episodes, Fallout 3 DLCs or Oblivion: The Shivering Isles. Those are all well worth the money, achievements or no achievements. Someone has already posted that The Battle of Flori only took 1 hour to complete. That's not the type of content I'm willing to pay for.

I don't understand why people are angry over no achievements. If they wanted to get it and went on and on about getting it before the whole no achievements lark- then why should they care about it having none; I'm pretty happy atm as I don't have many points to spend on DLC so this saves me a little. I might pick it up one day when I have spare MS Points but for now it's saved me 320 : )

Just glad it isn't like The Force Unleashed- 800 MS Points for the Tatooine DLC, 15 minutes of play time and 135 gs (or something) I don't mind shelling out MS Points so Dev's earn money off what they've made but 800 for 15 minutes; ridiculous.

It's 1GB because they cut it out and were then able to beef it up. If they had more time to complete the game, they would have fit it in. I wonder how much of the 1GB is just assets that may or may not be on the game disc.

I, for one, am angry. I posted on the UBI forums about it (because they have no way to get in touch with anybody otherwise), and will not be buying this one or the other one (unless it has achievements). I really don't understand it. The game was fantastic, by all appearances, the DLC was going to be awesome, and at a decent price for once, and then no achievements. It's not like Ubi does this all the time. Prince of Persia's DLC had achievements, and it wasn't nearly as fun as both of these sound. Someone earlier mentioned that they might have a crossover achievement in the second DLC to make up for it. I hope they do, but also hope they don't. I hope they do because I want the points, but I hope they don't because that's a shitty thing to do, and if we as consumers allow them to do it, they'll keep doing it, then other companies will, and soon it'll be the norm. Maybe other companies were asking themselves if DLC really needed achievements, but Ubi is putting it into practice. I know KotN didn't have any, but other than that, I think all expansion DLC has had achievements (if I'm mistaken, please let me know, I'd actually like to know what other games had achievement-less DLC, but only expansions. Item DLC and such doesn't need achievements). I will not be buying this DLC. If the second one doesn't have achievements, I won't be buying it either, and when AC3 comes out, I'm going to wait for a used copy. I will not be supporting Ubisoft by giving them my money if they won't be supporting my obsession by giving me points.

is this official?

maybe this is why it is so inexpensive.

i'll get it first day though either way.

Yes, it was announced by Ubisoft. Also, it's inexpensive because it was supposed to be in the game at first, and was then cut out so they could make their deadline. They knew that if they tried to charge $10 apiece for content that everybody knows was supposed to be in the game (knows because of the missing sequences in the actual game), they'd have a riot on their hands. That being said, I really don't understand why they aren't including achievements. They couldn't possibly be that hard to put in, or even to patch in later, but why couldn't they just include them? I really wonder as to the thought process behind not including achievements.

I had no complaints about paying very reasonable prices for content that seems bonus to me, even if it was originally planned for the main game. I'm happy they didn't delay the main game, and look forward to having the experience extended.

No getting around my disappointment that there are no achievements, though. Between that and the "orginally intended" aspect of the DLC, it sounds like Ubisoft needs to work on their deadline setting. Having announced a release date only a few days ago, it sounds like they weren't sure they'd get the DLC out on time until then. I don't know much about game coding, but how much programming does it take to add achievements? Clearly they cut it very close when planning the development.

I've never heard of a retroactive achievement as suggested above, getting credit for Forli during the February Bonfire DLC, but then I've never heard of DLC that didn't come with achievements either. I hope Ubisoft makes it up to us.

All that said, I'm buying both on day one.

Final Note: At least the new DLC will provide a second chance to get the one missable achievement, kicking a guard while on da Vinci's glider...right?

Final Note: At least the new DLC will provide a second chance to get the one missable achievement, kicking a guard while on da Vinci's glider...right?

Good point, but I have a feeling it won't make the achievement pop. The DLC is obviously not programmed for any achievements, so I doubt you can get "main game achievements" while playing the DLC.

I have heard there is achievements and i did a yahoo answers question and got the answers there is achievements

i have even heard about the achievements

30g for completing dna sequence 13 and 16 and i heard of another to pickpocket 300 throwing knives

I have been told and seen this on this website, what strikes me as funny as most dlc add ons contain achievements and gamerscore

and they had it for campaign progression so it should be in dlc progression

now can you reply to me and say theres definately NOT any achievements

I have heard there is achievements and i did a yahoo answers question and got the answers there is achievements

i have even heard about the achievements

30g for completing dna sequence 13 and 16 and i heard of another to pickpocket 300 throwing knives

I have been told and seen this on this website, what strikes me as funny as most dlc add ons contain achievements and gamerscore

and they had it for campaign progression so it should be in dlc progression

now can you reply to me and say theres definately NOT any achievements

X360A got firsthand confirmation: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4245-This-Week-s-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Won-t-Have-New-Achievements.html

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we got word form Ubisoft this morning, specifically UK Community Manager Korina Abbott, that the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC will not come with new achievements... well, the one this week anyway. They may change their mind for the second piece (we doubt it), but don't expect achievements for The Battle of Forli (out on Thursday, 28th)."

That's official enough for me.

I was surprised that once a release date was announced that the achievements hadn't shown up on xbox.com or within Live, and especially that they hadn't shown up on X360a. I'm glad that they (X360a) actually sought info about them, as i would have bought the DLC expecting achievements, and been pretty ticked when there weren't any.

Edited by Ghinn

I am quite disapointed by the fact there are no achievements but the game is good enough that I'll get the DLC regardless of achievements.

There are plenty of DLC packs I wouldn't bother getting if there were no achievements (the Halo Wars ones for example) but in the case of a game as good as ACII I just want more game to play.

I am quite disapointed by the fact there are no achievements but the game is good enough that I'll get the DLC regardless of achievements.

There are plenty of DLC packs I wouldn't bother getting if there were no achievements (the Halo Wars ones for example) but in the case of a game as good as ACII I just want more game to play.

This is the first time that I've really been torn between wanting to play more of a game I enjoyed and wanting achievements. For me, it boils down to the fact that I want achievements, and if I support the release of achievement-less DLC, I'm just letting them do it. Maybe I'll pick it up one day, when MS has it as their weekly discount, but I have no desire to encourage this type of behavior in game companies.

Also, is your avatar from ZOE?

Yeah its the ZOEII version of Jehuty, The single most prized game in my collection. I've used that Avatar for years and would love to have it as my Gamerpic, thats never going to happen though :(

Nice. Yeah, a ZOE game on 360 would be great. It's Konami (I had to check that, I thought it was one of the SCE companies), so theoretically, it could be. Plus, there hasn't been one in ages, and Wikipedia says Kojima wants to do a third game. Someone should start a petition to try and get Konami to make it for the 360. Or at least multi-platform.

Sorry for the tangential post, just had a flood of memories about ZOE.

With MGS coming to the 360 it may happen I suppose. I would buy a PS3 for a new ZOE game though.

Back on topic, is there any word on whether the DLC will add any Uplay content?

Doubtful. I think Ubi is sticking with the 100 points per game model for that, at least until they see how it goes. The way they have it set up, 100 points per game, with 100 points worth of redeemable goodies. I like it, as it adds whatever you want it to. It's like DLC you play to get, instead of pay to get. Once I got the Altair costume, I used it right up until I got the Armor of Altair, and the extra knives were a nice touch. Will be interesting to see what they come up with for Splinter Cell and RUSE.

I'm disinclined to believe this, especially seeing as you don't pickpocket throwing knives in ACII. There are no overweight guys in leather for you to steal them from. (Unless they changed that in the DLC or I just completely missed it in-game.) It's wishful thinking on some people's part. Ah well. Frees up points to get that RE5 DLC I've been thinking about.