Finally finished original gamer, good luck

J Jaro 2049

After 2 hours I've finally finished original gamer. Just a heads up make sure you do it on the homestead. The games you have to beat are 9 man morris, fanorona, and bowles. Fanorama is unlock as soon as or close to when Connor enters the mansion and is expert difficulty, achilles is your opponent. all together its not too hard to understand once you get the hang of it and achilles can be pretty forgiving. Bowles and 9 man morris are unlocked in sequence 6 (maybe early 7). Bowles is a homestead mission so its impossible to miss. The difficulty is moderate and the only advice I can give is aim a little lower on the ground than where the ball is as it will always roll depending on how much power you put into it, but all together not bad only took me 4 tries.

Now the pain in the ass in 9 man morris. you get this after you do the homestead mission to recruit the old man and his wife to build the inn. goto the inn and the difficulty will be expert. There is a pattern that you can follow that can almost always guarentee a victory but is difficult to explain. In an effort to save people frustration I will explain my strategy but warning it will all be in text as I have no way of taking screen shots.

you basically have rows and dots in those rows and although it might be confusing bear with me. the AI normally always sticks with this strategy but if not adjust accordingly.

1st move: row 6, dot 2 (AI normally always goes for row 2 , dot 2)

2nd move: row 4, dot 5 (AI row 4 dot 2)

3rd move: row 6, dot 3 (ai row 6, dot1 or row 6 dot 1 just move your next piece so that you line up 3 in a row)

4th move: row 2 dot 3 take whatever piece is in the second column to prevent the ai from getting 3 in a row ( ai will replace piece)

5th move: block his 3rd piece, normally ai goes row 7, dot 2)

6th move: row 4, dot 4 (ai goes row 4 dot 6)

7th move: row 7, dot 3 (ai goes row 5 dot 2)

8th move: row 4, dot 3 (ai goes row 5, dot1)

9th move: row 5 dot 3 to block (ai goes row 3 dot 3)

this is the basic setup which is by far the most difficult part of the game. you need to have 3 lined up but also prevent him from getting 3 and my setup pretty much does that. The rest is up to you. I really do hope this guide helps and if not please keep the criticism constructive. I wrote this so people wouldnt have to spend as much time on this as I have and I really hope it helps.

Good luck :locked

-Jaro

At least you didn't play checkers until you won thinking it was part of the achievement :/

i did waste a lot of time on it once tho... ended up being a draw because the AI takes zero riskes and just kept moving back and forth...so frustrating. and I wasted os much time on the "easy" game (where you have 6 tiles) but the computer basically cheats, they do the perfect move to every single move, its ridiculous. I tired like 10 different strategies... all failed... what genius thought making it when only 3 tiles are left impossible to win? At 3 tiles they can move to any spot, which makes getting 3 in a row literally impossible.

Hey everyone, I made a really detailed video on how to get the Original Gamer Achievement, check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ck7At8r0w]Assassin's Creed 3 - Original Gamer Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Tell me what you think! More guides coming :)

Hey everyone, I made a really detailed video on how to get the Original Gamer Achievement, check it out:

Tell me what you think! More guides coming :)

nice, sure beats the hell out of my shitty text walkthrough, this is sure to save tons of people time and frustration. I just wish you wouldve uploaded it earlier so I could have used it lol

nice, sure beats the hell out of my shitty text walkthrough, this is sure to save tons of people time and frustration. I just wish you wouldve uploaded it earlier so I could have used it lol

Aww thanks! :) Glad it (would have) helped you! Maybe you could edit it into your post to save some people too :p

I spent 90 minutes last night trying to beat Achilles at Fanorona.

Its really infuriating. Not fun at all. I always got down to around 5 chips left and the AI then never gives you an opening.

And its impossible to bait the AI out, because when you have your chips close enough for a successful bait and switch, you have them close enough for the AI to eliminate both of them!

Dumb.

I am glad my zillions of games program includes 6,9,12 men morris and fanorona. Brought is many years ago and its been barely played last few years. Now the zillions AI works for me and the AC3 AI is nowhere near as smart lol

WOW, NICE SUGGESTION.

I finally won Fanorona and Morris thanks to this.

Here's an advice people, go to these pages and download the games:

http://www.zillions-of-games.com/ (Just the demo will suffice).

http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

You need the second download because the demo version of Zillions won't let you play Nine Men's Morris, but you'll get Fanorona there.

Basically we are using a stronger AI than the one in AC3.

All you have to do is play a game in both, the color of your opponent in AC3 is the color you'll be using in the other game and viceversa. This way, the AI will tell you what moves to use in AC3 and you'll win.

It worked for me.

Now, to try and win Bowls on my own :p

EDIT: I just won all and I didn't get my achievement, I restarted the game and won them all again, didn't get it. If you see on the news that a member of the Ubisoft team got murdered, you know who it was.

Edited by Khaiden

WOW, NICE SUGGESTION.

I finally won Fanorona and Morris thanks to this.

Here's an advice people, go to these pages and download the games:

http://www.zillions-of-games.com/ (Just the demo will suffice).

http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

You need the second download because the demo version of Zillions won't let you play Nine Men's Morris, but you'll get Fanorona there.

Basically we are using a stronger AI than the one in AC3.

All you have to do is play a game in both, the color of your opponent in AC3 is the color you'll be using in the other game and viceversa. This way, the AI will tell you what moves to use in AC3 and you'll win.

It worked for me.

Now, to try and win Bowls on my own :p

EDIT: I just won all and I didn't get my achievement. If you see on the news that a member of the Ubisoft team got murdered, you know who it was. I'll do what Ceromorth did.

You made sure that you were at the homestead when you did the games, right?

I just got it. Here is what you need to do for Fanorona:

-You are going to need a laptop or computer in front of you while you play.

-Download the demo for Zillions of Games and play Fanorona.

-Under the "Play" tab switch sides then start a new game. The yellow pieces should be at the top and those are the ones you will control (on your laptop)

-On AC 3, let the other guy go first. The move that this guy makes, is the move you make on laptop Fanorona.

-On your laptop, the AI, who is set to expert, will make a move. This is the move you make on AC 3.

Basically, on your laptop, you are putting in the moves the opponent on AC 3 makes. On AC 3, you are putting in the moves the AI on the laptop makes. The reason you have to play the top on the computer is so you don't have to orient things in your head.

-Repeat this until you win. It can get kind of confusing but change the computer settings to wait 5 or 10 seconds in between moves so you have time to make them on AC 3.

By doing this, I absolutely wrecked the other guy.

The 9-man Morris game you can DL from the other link is also brutal. In fact, I would suggest it for making that 500 for the thieves challenge.

Somehow I managed to beat 9 Man Morris without any AI help. Jeez, if you have to use AI from another game to beat the AI in a game, I think it is time to go back to the drawing board.

It's not like the board games are the main part of the game, I really tried to do it myself but I guess I'm just not good enough for it (I am for Bowls, apparently). I didn't want to consume too much time doing that one.

It's not like the board games are the main part of the game, I really tried to do it myself but I guess I'm just not good enough for it (I am for Bowls, apparently). I didn't want to consume too much time doing that one.

Yeah...

See, I'm not a completionist. I play games because they are fun, and the second they start to g from "fun" to "chore", I start to lose interest. When they migrate further to "work", I have been known to set a game down and walk away for a long time...

I'm still missing ONE feather from AC2, but after over 8 hours total using every map I could find, I just couldn't pin down the one I was missing, and so I walked away from the game.

I never would have made it this far in this game were it not for the help here. As it is, I'm about 2 days away from trading it in a gamestop for Halo 4.