Catastrophic "destroy 1000 buildings" glitch?

DROGTURIST

Has anyone else gotten the "destroy 1000 buildings" achievement yet? I did a run-through on casual to get all the stars on that difficulty out of the way, and about 2 levels into my normal playthrough, the achievement popped. It appears that the game counts anything destructable, including the small stuff, because I certainly didn't destroy 1000 actual buildings (didn't intentionally destroy any at all).

Ever since then, the game has become unplayable for me. Have you guys noticed how the game freezes for like a second when you get a vehicle double kill, to check if you still need that achievement? It happens now and then. The game is now doing that for every single thing I destroy. I mean shit like crates, fences, palm trees... It's constantly freezing! If I fire off one of the special rockets that destroys multiple things at once, hoo boy... It freezes for a full 20-30 seconds!

Going to reinstall the game now, but I'm not hopeful. :(

The achievement isn't glitched, you will destroy 1000 buildings without even knowing trust me. The game classes everything on the ground as buildings pretty much. It unlocked for me on like mission 10 on my first playthrough.

As for the freezing, the game does freeze on me for 2-3 seconds before an achievement pops. So the game isn't freezing on me during me playing, only when an achievement is about to pop or the level ends.

I already have the achievement, I think you need to re-read my post.

Have you played level 4 yet, after getting the acheivement? That one is literally unplayable for me. Almost 100% constant freezes (until you reach the water part, then it's mostly fine).

The achievement isn't glitched, you will destroy 1000 buildings without even knowing trust me. The game classes everything on the ground as buildings pretty much. It unlocked for me on like mission 10 on my first playthrough.

As for the freezing, the game does freeze on me for 2-3 seconds before an achievement pops. So the game isn't freezing on me during me playing, only when an achievement is about to pop or the level ends.

Yeah I've that same thing happen where a game occasionally freezes as an achievment pops up no big deal.

I know, I've played through the whole game twice now on casual & normal and about to start expert for the last batch of stars and I haven't experienced anything of sorts since I unlocked it. Maybe the game is being glitchy.
I don't understand what's going on. I have it so bad that the game pretty much completely stopped being fun. Some levels are more playable than others, but pretty much every time there's a firefight in a town or village, the game just chops to unplayability and I just stop having fun when it freezes for 2-20+ seconds every time I fire. The sad part is that almost every firefight in the game is in a village, town or army base littered with destructable things...

It seems like my friend, who is having the same problem, isn't having as many problems since he's still playing it, and you say you don't have it at all. How can we have three completely different severity issues with the same damn glitch? If this was happening in other games I'd assume my HDD was dying or something but every other game is fine. And so was this one until I unlocked my 1000 buildings.

Edit: Actually, friend just told me that he's just suffering through it for some more achievements...

Yeah I've that same thing happen where a game occasionally freezes as an achievment pops up no big deal.
According to your profile you don't even have the game, but you're still telling me there's no big deal? Don't be a douche, man. Edited by DROGTURIST

I've tried everything possible on the first console (reboot, reinstall, delete cache) and it stayed the same. This morning, I installed it on my secondary 360 and it's doing the same thing on there. At first, it would only launch as a trial and then it was back to playing perfectly fine but as soon as I got to act like a full version, it went back to being a chopfest every time I fire at something on the ground.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you have a Slim 360? Mine are an Elite and the old white model.

I'm just adding my name to the list of gamers who have experienced this problem. I too am playing on a slim and it broke as soon as this achievement popped. Tried clearing my cache but nothing seems to fix it right now. I'm disappointed because up to this point I really liked this game...

I was just asking about the console because I don't know the specifications of the Slim. I thought maybe it had slightly different hardware and the game is compatible with it but not Elite or older hardware. Just a guess, I don't know what could possibly cause some people to have no issues while the game is unplayable for others.

The developer seems to be ignoring my email, at least. No response in almost a week. You guys should send some to [email protected] as it's the only way I can find to contact them.

I was just asking about the console because I don't know the specifications of the Slim. I thought maybe it had slightly different hardware and the game is compatible with it but not Elite or older hardware. Just a guess, I don't know what could possibly cause some people to have no issues while the game is unplayable for others.

The developer seems to be ignoring my email, at least. No response in almost a week. You guys should send some to [email protected] as it's the only way I can find to contact them.

I have sent 2 e-mails dude. I have asked if the game will be patched and had no reply yet.

Any news from anyone else?

Same glitch just happened to me. Got achievement in world 8 and now when im over land the game freezes nonstop.

Just like Ugly Americans where you hit level 50 and the game stops working.

Edit: kept playing hoping to earn a couple of achievements and if I earn one, the 360 locks up. 1 star game now.

Edited by waxc3

Just confirming that I just recovered my gamertag and now everything is running great. Up to this point I thought I tried everything but this is apparently what fixes it. If you're experiencing the same problem give it a try and see if it works. Anyway, back to blowing stuff up...

Last time I recovered my profile it took houuuuuuuuuuurs. I'll never do it again and certainly not for this game.

How long ago was that? I know what you're saying but it's a lot faster than it used to be. It used to take me close to an hour to do it but now it takes only a minute or two. It's worth a try...

i can confirm it ! its works for me to - i recovered my Gamertag(without deleting it bevorhand,just outright downloading)and it works again,the glitch is gone - and i can also confirm that its a lot faster downloading then a year ago !

At least for me. I dont know exactly when, but i think it was 1 or 2 years ago, i downloaded my gamertag and it took me 2 or 3 hours i believe ! Now it took me like 5 min ! and at first i thought it didnt work because it cant be that fast - there must be something wrong :) ! but it worked at least for me !

Edited by RaLLeX