Rain of Fire Achievement Doesnt Unlock

MattisAce

You can do them on Hobbits, but you can't use a Hero. You may want to check and see if you do happen to have it. I was going for the Fire Wall one and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't unlock. I happened to check my achievements and already had it.:o Don't know if it didn't pop up or if I just didn't notice it.

I dont know if it's glitched or not but I would try and try and not get it until I found a little something.

There was a little trick that helped me get this and the achievement for the Mage and Scout on the second to last level in the Evil campaign where you have to clear a path for a battering ram. You have one of the huge orcs or whatever that follow you and you're in a castle I think.

I was at the final bit where you have to break a palisade right in from of a huge double door. The enemies spawn to the right of the door in a small room and they kept spawning and spawning and spawning as long as you dont destroy the palisade right in front of the double door. After I got this achievement I went to one of our flags to change characters and got the achievements for killing 100 with the fire wall and the scouts satchel bomb achievement all in the same playthrough.

Hope this helps.

Does the achievement have to be done in 1 playthrough?

I just used the method which reccommneded on here On Helms Deep - I killed 30 emenies and still didnt get the achievement.................any1 know why?

Edited by MattisAce

I did this on the shire level in the evil campaign. The trick I came up with was to shoot the ents with normal arrows, so it charges up your fire arrows faster.

The hobbits there are also infinite.

This was also glitchy for me, after about 3 different attempts it finally unlocked, just keep trying.

this is the last achievement I have and it is not working... I have tried killing over 25 with evil archer, good archer, 25+ hobbits, killing 25 while wearing that spell stone, and 25 kills in a deathmatch game (Got 25 scout bomb kills with 2 guest profiles on the P something fields)

if 100 hobbits doesn't work, im done with this game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I spent hours upon hours trying to get this achievement and the reading a hint i tried it and got it first time. You need to kill 25 by shooting their torso/legs NOT HEADSHOTS. Registers with HIT, doesn't count with CRITICAL HIT. I did it at the very start of Isengard where I stayed right where I spawned orcs keep spawing.

• 3 months later...