Who's goin to watch the new PoP film?

blue5h4d0w

Not for me. On top of barely playing any of the games, I'm always skeptical about these game-to-movie adaptations *cough*RESIDENT EVIL, ADVENT CHILDREN*cough*

Advent Children was fine! Resident Evil needs work.

Though, I don't remember much about seeing Advent Children. Four years ago. -___-

I'll definatly be seeing this!

it's hyped up to be Disneys next franchise, and is meant to draw similarities to Pirates of the Caribean, so it's alot to live up to.

but im sure it'll turn out to be great..

Plus Gemma Arterton... what can go wrong, loved her as Strawberry Fields in Quantum of Solace, Loved her as June in Rock N Rolla, and loved her as Lo in Clash of the titans.

hopefully another great job in this film :)

Saw it yesterday, and liked it a lot. :) I liked the plot and the ending surprised me. Effects and music were wonderful.

Jake Ye-len-hoo-leh-heh (That's how it's pronounced, apparently, according to the man himself on YT here) did a good job acting, and his character didn't really demand a Persian looking actor, which was the main reason why I wasn't too enthusiastic when I first heard about the film.

I wouldn't dare recommending to watch it, I tend to enjoy films that others hate. >> Either way, it was definitely not a waste of my money.

Edited by RuYi

Advent Children was fine! Resident Evil needs work.

Though, I don't remember much about seeing Advent Children. Four years ago. -___-

Well, I remember Advent Children being entertaining, but like you, I saw it about 4 years ago as well, so I really don't remember much about it at this point. But I seem to recall it not really following the Final Fantasy storyline (or at least, what I knew of it)...maybe it does, and maybe I'm completely out to lunch. I'd probably have to watch it again now to remember, and even then it's not like I know what happens in the story and between the characters from game to game.

But Resident Evil definitely brings me down whenever I watch it. I like the first one best, and the second one is again, entertaining, but didn't really do it for me with respect to what was actually going on (although Jill Valentine is about the hottest broad ever...that and she shared my name ;)), and the third one is just a big steaming pile of elephant piss. It just seems like they got further and further away from the story of Resident Evil as the movies progressed. I'm hoping the next one (Afterlife, I believe it's called) makes up for how poor its predecessors have been...but I guess I should know better than to hold my breath.

Not for me. On top of barely playing any of the games, I'm always skeptical about these game-to-movie adaptations *cough*RESIDENT EVIL, ADVENT CHILDREN*cough*

Except that's not really a game-to-movie adaptation, per se (as in a Hollywood studio making a movie based on a game). It was made by Square Enix to elaborate on the story.

Well, I remember Advent Children being entertaining, but like you, I saw it about 4 years ago as well, so I really don't remember much about it at this point. But I seem to recall it not really following the Final Fantasy storyline (or at least, what I knew of it)...maybe it does, and maybe I'm completely out to lunch. I'd probably have to watch it again now to remember, and even then it's not like I know what happens in the story and between the characters from game to game.

But Resident Evil definitely brings me down whenever I watch it. I like the first one best, and the second one is again, entertaining, but didn't really do it for me with respect to what was actually going on (although Jill Valentine is about the hottest broad ever...that and she shared my name ;)), and the third one is just a big steaming pile of elephant piss. It just seems like they got further and further away from the story of Resident Evil as the movies progressed. I'm hoping the next one (Afterlife, I believe it's called) makes up for how poor its predecessors have been...but I guess I should know better than to hold my breath.

I think Advent Children was taking place after Final Fantasy VII, 7 years later. Everything seems the same then from what I remember.

As for Resident Evil - you are correct on the fourth movie title, Afterlife, and like you, it was a major letdown. The story seemed fine until second.

Saw the film today, was a bit hit-and-miss, some good parts, some iffy parts...was a bit child-friendly (being a 12A). Think it would have been better if it was a 15 or an 18 as it would have had more leeway for the violence and the like

Verdict - Better than most game-to-film adaptations but there are better films out there at the moment. If you NEED to watch a game-to-film adaptation then this is worthy of watching

PS Gemma Arteton is VERY good looking :p and Jake "Brokeback" Gyllenhal (definitely misspelled) has quite a good British accent and is a worthy Prince

I never played any of the newer PoP games...only the original waaaaaay back in the day. The movie looks interesting, but my expectations will not be very high for this movie. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I agree that Advent Children was shite, but to say that the original Resident Evil movie was no good is going a bit too far.

I'm looking forward to the Prince of Persia movie. Most of the things that Bruckheimer has had a hand in have turned out to be good projects, so I see no reason why this shouldn't be the same. Besides the trailers look very good and Jake G is a very accomplished actor.

Looks pretty sick, but doubt I will be going to see it, nor will I be getting the game.

Yeah, the game hasn't done very well in reviews. I think they tried to hard to make it stand out from the other games but at the same time, they seemed to mess with the formula that made the original games so good which has detracted something from it......

Never mind. I was never a big fan of the PoP games anyway, so I don't give a hoot either way :p