How long does Beast form last?

When I turn into a werewolf I never revert to human form. I haven't used the ability other than when I was doing the companions quest but I tried it today and it seems to last alot longer than I remembered it. I end up just loading an older save to remove it. I tried it 3 times today but I seem to get stuck as a werewolf, the last time I tried it I left it playing whilst I watched a film (just under 2 hours) and I was still a werewolf. Im sure its only suppose to last afew minutes. Is there a way to cancel the spell?

I don't know why they didn't give you the option to revert back to normal whenever you want. It makes using the werewolf ability a lot less appealing knowing you have to wait a while to transform back. It would be fun to bust it out in the middle of a battle and then transform back re-equip your stuff and keep fighting.

At first found it amusing, then I start to use it too much and become a pain.

Enter a dungeon, transform, kill everything inside while feed on corpses to keep the form and finally having to lose tons of time waiting so I can finally collect chest values and stuff. Ended up curing myself.

And in all honestly, I wish werewolves and the Companions were not that tied. Seems like the only way of becoming werewolf is joining the companions, and only way to complete the companions is becoming a werewolf. That makes that guild a roleplaying breaker when playing a character you don´t want to become a werewolf but do want to become a companion and own the guild.

PD: It´s not that you don´t need to sleep as a werewolf, you don´t really need to sleep without the beast form, it´s just that when you got this ability the well rested bonus (during 8 hours you level up 5% faster all of your skills) is no longer apply no matter how much hours you sleep.

I find it useful, I tend to use this form when facing Dragons

I tried that but i seem to die too easy. How does the combat work for werewolf's? If a mage and a warrior both turn into a werewolf will they both be the same strength? I can survive being hit once by the dragon's fire/ice whatever but without being able to use potions and HP not regenerating if i get hit a second time I just die. It could just be that I suck at close combat in this game as I usually fight from a distance so if you have any tips please enlighten me! :confused:

• 1 year later...

Warewolf is just like a type of wepon, like staded befor with a fight with a dragon you don't whana inatiate with it becase its on a timed last, instead you whama bring it the ground and pin it there and finish it off, ware wolf life and stamana is based origanly off your and then adds onto it, it can further be incressed with perks if you get the dawnguard dlc and give you cool abilitys like call in other warewolfs for backup if needed