Filing Cabinets... boost?

Cruezilla

I am new to the FIFA series and after reading through this thread, the achievement guide and solutions on TA, I still don't understand how the cup works.

I was under the impression that you have an unlimited number of tries to win the first game in the cup, but if you lost any of the remaining 3 games then you were eliminated from the cup and would have to wait until the next one.

But after reading this thread, I started thinking that you must have an unlimited number of tries to win the cup until the time runs out for it (otherwise, how did you manage to boost 8 people the achievement during 1 cup window). I am just trying to figure out how many accounts I will need to boost it by myself.

Edited by acdougla17

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

There are some boosting sessions organised for this achievement for this weekend.

Yes there are EA server issues but it appears very easy to match up with people in your own "region" and a lot people are getting the achievement this way now.

Here are some links to this weekend's sessions at TA to get the achievement:

For Australian/New Zealand players: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=288936

For UK players: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=286025 -and- http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=286194 -and- http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=288428

For US/Canadian players: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=288432

Cheers! :)

I am new to the FIFA series and after reading through this thread, the achievement guide and solutions on TA, I still don't understand how the cup works.

I was under the impression that you have an unlimited number of tries to win the first game in the cup, but if you lost any of the remaining 3 games then you were eliminated from the cup and would have to wait until the next one.

But after reading this thread, I started thinking that you must have an unlimited number of tries to win the cup until the time runs out for it (otherwise, how did you manage to boost 8 people the achievement during 1 cup window). I am just trying to figure out how many accounts I will need to boost it by myself.

You have an unlimited number of tries to win the cup (until the time runs out). The trick to boosting is you have to be in the same region and then you have to play against someone in the same round. Thus, if you're starting from the first game, you would need 8 people (ideally). You can probably do it with less though:

Round 1:

Game 1: Player 1 vs. Player 2 = Player 1 wins

Game 2: Player 3 vs. Player 4 = Player 3 wins

Game 3: Player 5 vs. Player 6 = Player 5 wins

Game 4: Player 7 vs. Player 8 = Player 7 wins

Round 2:

Game 1: Player 1 vs. Player 3 = Player 1 wins

Game 2: Player 5 vs. Player 7 = Player 5 wins

Round 3:

Game 1: Player 1 vs. Player 5 = Player 1 wins

This puts Player 1 into the final. You would then just need to repeat the above to get someone else into the final so that you can match up with Player 1. For the sake of time, the other players who "lost" can match up to speed people through the rounds so there's less waiting around.

Tips: Note you can quit out after the first 5 minutes of the game and it counts the result. It really shouldn't take that long to do - the problem comes in when people try to do it on their own and set back any progress that was made. Hope that helps clarify.

Thus, if you're starting from the first game, you would need 8 people (ideally). You can probably do it with less though:

You can do it with 5 players. As you rightly said though, if you have 8, the 'losers' can be boosting each-other through the rounds as the winners progress.

Also, when you start to get 2 or 3 people that have won the tournament, they can keep manoeuvring through the rounds quicker and the whole process starts to speed up.

Good explanation MartyO.

• 2 months later...
Sweet! How many more do we need? I'm desperate to boost this now, only 5 achievements left and my skill level just isn't up to scratch in the semi+

You need 5 minimum. I'd suggest posting a 1-5 spaces post getting people to sign their gamertag, time zone and availability times. get the friend requests done in advance and read through the earlier posts with advice.

Its very doable if you have the right amount of people, stay commited and don't give up hope.

Good luck.

This forum is dead for FIFA now. Doesn't seem likely to get 3, let alone 5. I'll just try my luck alone over the weekend.

I have two guys on my friends list who I believe were going to boost it again this weekend. You can add them and see if they want to help.

The JAW 1975 (who is also a registered member of x360a under the same name)

Vaughan 85

I helped them boost before, but if I remember correctly, one of them still needed the achievement as well.

We have a boosting session arranged for tomorrow (Sunday 28th April) at 7pm UK time.

We did have 5 people (all from the UK) but one of the guys has had to drop out! We ideally need 1 more so anyone that wants to get involved should drop me a message on XBL, gamertag: Chiefy2times

Looking for people from Europe, ideally the UK.

Cheers