Alpha Protocol Achievement Guide and Road Map to 1000

Asian47

One thing I wanted to add for "Respected Enemies".

If you have the Suave perk from picking suave when talking to Mina at the beginning, you get a -1 with Marburg and he seems to hate you immediately. Additionally, you get another -1 if SIE likes you (possibly just meeting her). So, to be safe I would not meet SIE and get the Professional perk at the beginning. Not killing anyone in Rome before meeting him gets you a +1, so I would do that too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I wanted to add for "Respected Enemies".

If you have the Suave perk from picking suave when talking to Mina at the beginning, you get a -1 with Marburg and he seems to hate you immediately. Additionally, you get another -1 if SIE likes you (possibly just meeting her). So, to be safe I would not meet SIE and get the Professional perk at the beginning. Not killing anyone in Rome before meeting him gets you a +1, so I would do that too.

Again, regarding the Suave perk, going to need more than one person saying it before I'll add it in. Also, those +/- 1 you get with him when you first meet don't really affect much. Even if likes/hates you, it's still very easy to pull off Youth Trumps Experience/Respected Enemies.

I met SIE in my last playthrough first, and still got him to like me enough to run away.

Yeah you can, i'm stuck there at the moment :( He's bloody hard to kill if you save madison, and go to Rome first. You get stuck in a tiny room with him, and if you don't have a good skill set, he's almost impossible!

Without heavily investing into the Pistol tree, a lot of the boss fights in the game get harder, especially Omen Deng. Just stay back and take out his henchmen first, then focus on Marburg. I'm sure it's not that simple, but that strategy works for every boss in the game.

As for DeathStarKill's comment about needing to disarm the bombs to get Respected Enemies. I'm fairly confident this is the case. In one playthrough I was trying to get this achievement, and chose to save Madison. Marburg did indeed run away after the boss battle, but the achievement did not pop up.

Immediately after the mission, I check Marburg's dossier, and my relationship with him was +9. And I believe the only reason it wasn't +10 is that you take a -1 hit for choosing to save the girl.

As for the opposite, Youth Trumps Experience, I am quite convinced that it is NOT necessary to save Madison to get it.

Edited by Tom Pladgett

Just adding my findings with the 'Thorton Inc' achievement. You don't need everybody to like you for the achievement to pop. The only people that matter are Westridge, Parker, Darcy & Leland. Everybody else can dislike/hate you.

Make sure you follow the guide above for the ending where you side with Halbech.

Right off the bat, do not bother with the game's default classes, and instead opt for your own. There are only four skill trees worth investing into, and they are Stealth, Pistols, Technical Aptitude, and Toughness. Stealth and Pistols are the most important however, as having as many points as you can in both will make this game a cake-walk. Technical Aptitude will do a variety of things for you, anywhere between increasing all of the stats associated with your various weapons, to making each of the mini-games easier. Toughness allows you to stay alive for longer, so it's always good to invest into.

Sabotage makes the minigames easier (and increases profits on data theft), not technical aptitude.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/665/s16.jpgRespected Enemies 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

You gained Marburg's respect and bested him in battle.

See Youth Trumps Experience for more info.

This achievement is the exact opposite of Youth Trumps Experience, so you have to take a much different approach. Marburg respects those that are loyal, and finish what they start. That means, use nothing but Professional responses with him.

Eventually, when you get to the mission "Intercept Marburg at the Museum of Art", stick yet again with Professional answers before the boss fight. After you've damaged him enough, he will talk to you yet again. Simply stick with Professional answers again, and he will retreat. After that, the achievement will unlock

*****TO GET THIS ACHIEVEMENT*****

Please add that even if MARBURG likes you and your rating is 6-10 with him...you WILL NOT get this achievement if you decide to save MS. ST. JAMES. Even if you do all the original poster says, but you decide to save ST. JAMES...it will not pop. You have to go disarm the bombs and let Marburg shoot St. James.

This is the first I've heard of this. No matter what, you'll either get Respected Enemies or Youth Trumps Experience. I'll look into it, but unless I see a lot of people saying the same thing regarding this, I won't edit this in.

I got madburg to really like me(9), but I saved St. James instead of disarming the bombs. I didnt get either achievement. did it offline so no timestamp, but if the achievements remain in the order you got them you will see I have friends before strangers and then operation deus vault if you check my gamercard (or simply that I have both these but neither of the madburg achievements yet)

Edited by SpinelesS

I've come across the fact that theres some kind of bonus requirement in order to cut a deal with Surkov.

I obtained the bonus mission where you catch up to him, but was never given the option to buddy up with him. Only choices were to kill him, let Brayko kill him, or do the thing where he runs-you shoot him-he squeals-you call the ambulance [and that does not count as an alliance]

I did only have 66% intel on him, and he was -1 rep with me, so I assume it has to be one of these 2 that caused it.

Any ideas?

Sabotage makes the minigames easier (and increases profits on data theft), not technical aptitude.

I got madburg to really like me(9), but I saved St. James instead of disarming the bombs. I didnt get either achievement. did it offline so no timestamp, but if the achievements remain in the order you got them you will see I have friends before strangers and then operation deus vault if you check my gamercard (or simply that I have both these but neither of the madburg achievements yet)

Ah, you're right, I'll update that.

Since you all say that this is the case, I'll be sure to update the guide to reflect that you must defuse the bombs for Respected Enemies.

I've come across the fact that theres some kind of bonus requirement in order to cut a deal with Surkov.

I obtained the bonus mission where you catch up to him, but was never given the option to buddy up with him. Only choices were to kill him, let Brayko kill him, or do the thing where he runs-you shoot him-he squeals-you call the ambulance [and that does not count as an alliance]

I did only have 66% intel on him, and he was -1 rep with me, so I assume it has to be one of these 2 that caused it.

Any ideas?

I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't like you. I'll look into this, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

im having touble with hard to read n evolution of a action hero. I completed the game on the recruit background yet ach didnt pop, also i got a total of 42/50 ach first playthrough n got thorton inc etc yet i still didnt get hard to read yet i did every action more than 30 times does the A button action count as that would be a veteran ach then wouldnt it. any help b great.

thats true if u save madison the ach wont pop as he only respects those that get the job done and who are willing to make hard choices, read his dossier.

I love this game

Edited by Shinobi273
double post

im having touble with hard to read n evolution of a action hero. I completed the game on the recruit background yet ach didnt pop, also i got a total of 42/50 ach first playthrough n got thorton inc etc yet i still didnt get hard to read yet i did every action more than 30 times does the A button action count as that would be a veteran ach then wouldnt it. any help b great.

Try not to post more than once in a row, as you can simply edit your posts to add the extra info.

For Evolution of an Action Hero, are you absolutely positive you played through the game using the Recruit? I have yet to hear of anyone not unlocking the achievement when using the background, so this is a first I've heard of this.

As for Hard to Read, were you changing your answers up in each consecutive conversation? It could possibly be 90 conversations in a row, but that's just speculation.

yeah i realised i didnt check recruit i misunderstood what u meant, soz. So for hard to read do i have to make sure in every conversation i use 1 suave, 1 professional, and 1 intimidate, response, does it not accumulate. Thanks for your reply.

ps, im only new to posting so i didnt realise how it all works but ill make sure i just put it in 1 quote from now on thanks.

I am having the most difficult time when trying to get the achievement Youth Triumphs Experience. Every time I talk to Marburg I use the suave choice yet when I get to the museum level I have him at only -5 Dislike.

Is there any other types of conversation choices I can make that will make him mad or do I have to not pick the duty option when Westridge asks why I joined Alpha Protocol?

I am having the most difficult time when trying to get the achievement Youth Triumphs Experience. Every time I talk to Marburg I use the suave choice yet when I get to the museum level I have him at only -5 Dislike.

Is there any other types of conversation choices I can make that will make him mad or do I have to not pick the duty option when Westridge asks why I joined Alpha Protocol?

If you do Moscow before rome, and buddy up to SIE (agressive answers, and attack her at the end of the level), he will dislike you more.

Also doing missions sloppily, advertising your presence, and killing innocents/good guys will piss him off further.

If you do Moscow before rome, and buddy up to SIE (agressive answers, and attack her at the end of the level), he will dislike you more.

Also doing missions sloppily, advertising your presence, and killing innocents/good guys will piss him off further.

Thank You for the Information. Hopefully, I will be able to kill Marburg now.

any help for 1 with the shadow ach would be great. On the nasri mission is there a way to get through the front gate without the guards activating the alarm when u enter the complex. Also are u sure the guards turning yellow doesnt affect it as im now on my third playthrough and have just completed cia listening post yet ach has not popped. Have u heard if it maybe gliched.

Little question here- if I kill Sis for the "Judge..." achievement, I won't be able to choose Albatross as my handler, so I'll have to kill SIE in the subsequent mission. If I do that, I won't be able to choose her as my handler for the last mission, making getting "No time for love" impossible. Is there any way around this besides making multiple saves before the first mission in Moscow?

any help for 1 with the shadow ach would be great. On the nasri mission is there a way to get through the front gate without the guards activating the alarm when u enter the complex. Also are u sure the guards turning yellow doesnt affect it as im now on my third playthrough and have just completed cia listening post yet ach has not popped. Have u heard if it maybe gliched.

I don't think there is, but it doesn't matter as long as you have a radio mimic. just take one with you, when the alarm goes off, use it, and you're good to go! Trust me it doesn't affect the achievement to have THAT alarm go off. I did the bug planting mission in saudi, the Nasri mission, and I did Rome first so I snuck through the CIA listening post, and it popped right after that one. Hope that helps.

On the nasri mission is there a way to get through the front gate without the guards activating the alarm when u enter the complex.

I don't think there is, but it doesn't matter as long as you have a radio mimic. just take one with you, when the alarm goes off, use it, and you're good to go! Trust me it doesn't affect the achievement to have THAT alarm go off.

Actually, using the aggressive (Y) option gets you past the guards without the alarm going off.

• 1 month later...

I just needed to add an amendment to Youth Trumps Experience. I had a hell of a time getting this one and it isn't as simple as GameFreak47 has it in his guide. I tried for this on 4 separate occasions and finally nabbed it on my 4th time. First time I was kind of all over the place but mostly on the professional side of things for my whole game. 2nd I went full aggressive approach, this is where I got Judge, Jury, and Executioner. 3rd time was for Ask Questions First, Shoot Later, so it was a mostly professional stance again but just catered to each persons needs as they came up.

I was unable to goad Marburg into a final fight with me (excluding the Endgame fight when you put Parker against him first. Even though you get to fight Conrad to the death there, it doesn't count towards Youth Trumps Experience), on any of my first 3 playthroughs.

Here is how it finally worked for me; I believe that this achievement hinges on a couple things. First is that I took a Suave stance from the very beginning of the game. I was suave with everyone and anyone and just stuck with it. If you do that then you are able to goad Marburg into a final fight regardless of dossier completion. I went back and tested it and @ 50% Dossier, you are able to get Marburg to fight you if you stick to suave from the start f the game.

Second, is that Marburgs Dossier needs to be at least 83%. Dossier is crucial if you are going to attempt to get this achievement without going suave for the first part of the game. If you get Marburg's Dossier up to 83% or higher and are suave with Marburg from the first E-mail on, you can get him to fight. All 3 of my failed attempts were at 66% when I tried to get him to fight me and they all failed. bear in mind I didn't go back and test this method on my previous saves as I have just finished testing the Suave method 3 times to confirm all the possibilities there. I just don't have the motivation right now to go back again and play through all of Rome to confirm this.

This is my tested and confirmed method(s). If you need to do this from scratch then here is the quickest and sure fire way to get Youth Trumps Experience.

Use suave stance from the very start on everyone. This establishes a reputation that will follow you through the game and give you the max hate from Conrad Marburg. The guy really hates smarmy smart-asses.

Saudi

Intercept Nasri the arms dealer. doesn't matter. execute and extort have both been confirmed

Intercept Shaheed and Recover Missles. Executed Shaheed. Don't know if he matters.

Rome

**Mina e-mail on [Conrad Dossier] 16%

Bug CIA Listening Post. Non lethal, no alarms.

**CIA Second Floor in Dufflebag in a corner behind desk. [Conrad Dossier] 33%

**Email CIA Intercept On [Conrad Dossier] 50%

Gelato Shop Executed Guy

Identify Jibril Al-Bara at Chateau. Executed Jibril only

Conrad Sent Email "Taunt" Him

Went To Moscow

Received reply from Conrad e-mail

Investigate Weapons Shipments. Only time I didn't use suave. Used aggressive to gain SIE as a trusted (+7) ally.

Back To Rome

**Clearing House Before Cafe Meeting On [Conrad Dossier] 66%

Contact Jibril Al Bara. Meeting with Marburg

Suave (Introduction?) -1

Suave (Broadcast) -1 (Trail Over Rome) -1, -1 (Interaction With SIE in Moscow)

Suave (Suave)

Aggressive (Threaten) -1

Suave (Questioning)

Suave (Bluff) -1

Suave (Persuade) -1

Investigate Marburg's Villa. Meet Marburg again

Suave (Dismissive)

Suave (Bluff) -1

(Handler) Doesn't matter who you choose. Madison gives a +1 if you choose her so if you want to get lucky later. . .

**Suitcase in secret tunnel. When you go down the stairs into the courtyard there is a rolled up hose on the right side that gives you access to the tunnel [Conrad Dossier] 83%

Romanced Madision

Intercept Marburg at the Museum

**At the East/West junction there is a locked room just before the West section door. [Conrad Dossier] 100%

At this point it doesn't matter if you want to save Madison or go after the bombs. Both methodes will get you you fight with Marburg.

(Save Madison)

Conversation with Marburg 1st fight

Suave (Contempt)

Conversation with Marburg 2nd fight

Suave (Taunt)

Suave (Taunt)

(Defuse Bomb)

Conversation with Marburg 1st fight

Suave (Contempt) -1 (You Get A +1 For Choosing To Defuse The Bomb)

Suave (Mocking)

Suave (Mocking) -1

Conversation with Marburg 2nd fight

Suave (Taunt)

Suave (Taunt)

Finish him and the achievement will pop.

I just needed to add an amendment to Youth Trumps Experience. I had a hell of a time getting this one and it isn't as simple as GameFreak47 has it in his guide. I tried for this on 4 separate occasions and finally nabbed it on my 4th time. First time I was kind of all over the place but mostly on the professional side of things for my whole game. 2nd I went full aggressive approach, this is where I got Judge, Jury, and Executioner. 3rd time was for Ask Questions First, Shoot Later, so it was a mostly professional stance again but just catered to each persons needs as they came up.

I was unable to goad Marburg into a final fight with me (excluding the Endgame fight when you put Parker against him first. Even though you get to fight Conrad to the death there, it doesn't count towards Youth Trumps Experience), on any of my first 3 playthroughs.

Here is how it finally worked for me; I believe that this achievement hinges on a couple things. First is that I took a Suave stance from the very beginning of the game. I was suave with everyone and anyone and just stuck with it. If you do that then you are able to goad Marburg into a final fight regardless of dossier completion. I went back and tested it and @ 50% Dossier, you are able to get Marburg to fight you if you stick to suave from the start f the game.

Second, is that Marburgs Dossier needs to be at least 83%. Dossier is crucial if you are going to attempt to get this achievement without going suave for the first part of the game. If you get Marburg's Dossier up to 83% or higher and are suave with Marburg from the first E-mail on, you can get him to fight. All 3 of my failed attempts were at 66% when I tried to get him to fight me and they all failed. bear in mind I didn't go back and test this method on my previous saves as I have just finished testing the Suave method 3 times to confirm all the possibilities there. I just don't have the motivation right now to go back again and play through all of Rome to confirm this.

This is my tested and confirmed method(s). If you need to do this from scratch then here is the quickest and sure fire way to get Youth Trumps Experience.

Use suave stance from the very start on everyone. This establishes a reputation that will follow you through the game and give you the max hate from Conrad Marburg. The guy really hates smarmy smart-asses.

QUOTE]

i have done the requirements for this achievement 3 times and not once did i have my dossier over 50% on conrad i just used suave choices with well placed agressive choices gets his stance to antimosity defuse bomb taunt him both times he will fight ya

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Quote:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/665/UPk2kHE=.jpgThorton, Inc. 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Turn all your enemies into allies in one single career.

See Ask Questions First, Shoot Later for more info.

This achievement goes hand in hand with sparing everyone you can, so you will probably unlock this around the same time as Ask Questions First, Shoot Later. Unlike this achievement, you need everyone to either like you, or at the very least be neutral with you. Everyone also includes Leland, so you do need to get him to like you enough to offer you a position within Halbech, and you have to accept.

****Can you please update your guide regarding this achievement...it is VERY misleading if not incorrect all together. As was posted in another guide on this site...to get this achievement you do have to accept Leland's FIRST proposal to work together, but then you MUST BETRAY him during the endgame scene. After that you can punch him to keep ASK QUESTIONS FIRST in tact or shoot him for JUDGE JURY EXECUTIONER.

Also: I figured this out, but these additions will cause people a lot less stress if just add it (even though you and I know it dosen't matter)

1) Add Darcy to the list of names: He likes Suave and the game makes you kill him at the end...you have no choice...he cannot be spared.

2) Add Ronald Sung: He likes Professional and if you save him from ASSASSINATION. BUT...if you decide to help the RIOTERS and he is murdered....you will still get Thorton Inc. & Ask Questions First.

Otherwise....GREAT GUIDE...I was just SO pissed when I did all that work and I accepted Leland's SECOND offer because of how you worded it. Luckily...I just rebooted the last save and beat Yancy again and then betrayed Leland.

When is this first Leland proposing of working together?

and i have question. Can i do achiv" judge..." and do "thorton..."

• 1 month later...