Diary and Weapon Upgrade Guide with Maps

SRH KRONIC

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok say I got all the diaries except the first 2 in Welcome to Rapture. If I start a new game and get the first 2 will I get the achievement? or will I have to get all of them again?

Edit* I just realized I got 19 diaries in medical paviliion/welcome to rapture. Which means I got all 17 plus the first two. But STILL I would like for one of you to answer the question for other people.

Ok say I got all the diaries except the first 2 in Welcome to Rapture. If I start a new game and get the first 2 will I get the achievement? or will I have to get all of them again?

Edit* I just realized I got 19 diaries in medical paviliion/welcome to rapture. Which means I got all 17 plus the first two. But STILL I would like for one of you to answer the question for other people.

This was answered dozens of times, I myself have answered it no less than 5 times.

Welcome to the site, try searching and using the FAQ threads.

Asfar as I know it will unlock as soon as you have retrieved the last diary.(that's how it happened for me)

You were right, it does unlock just as soon as you grab the last journal. I wanted to make sure because the journal entitled "First Encounter" (I think) didn't show up like the rest had when I'd press start and go view the diaries. It put it in with another levels diaries, which after reading and reading around the forums... I finally discovered. But still... thanks. I got the achievement. :woop:

Nice job with the guide man was looking for something just like this im working on the brass balls one atm and its freaking hard if you play like you usually do i had to change up my game play style to gun em to hope you get lucky

It's not that the game was hard, it's just that the Big Daddy's are difficult to kill on this difficulty setting. One method that I developed for killing the Big Daddy's was to shoot a couple of proximity mines around the big daddy, then hit them directly with a regular mine or heat-seeking mine. It takes away about half of their health or more depending on how close you get the mines and also how many you laid out.

Also, sometimes I'd create a path of proximity mines that they'll run into whenever they try to slide/rush up to hit you. Explosive shotgun rounds are also very affective on the hard difficulty setting. Those are some things that I did to help me make it through the game and get the Brass Balls achievement, so if you're feeling stuck or having difficulty beating the Big Daddy's for that achievement, you may want to try that method and see how it works out for you.

I'm actually having trouble finding one of the weapon upgrade stations. Its the one labeled "5" in Fort Frolic, right by Sinclair Spirits. I've stood in the exact spot indicated on the map and there's nothing there. Does anyone have any idea if there's an error or an alternate position for it? Thanks so much for the help!

EDIT: Nevermind. I went back to the forum and saw the other upgrade location thread, so I'll use what's there and see if I can find the station. Sorry to bother people - I totally forgot that there were two threads for them.

18.The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.

I can't back back in there, but it isn't marked by an asterik so, just wondering if anybody can help me out. Thanks.

I believe that's one of the ones that you must pick up as you enter the room, because you can't go back.

(I've not played thie for ages, so I can't be 100% sure.) However, if I'm right, then the only way you can get it is by replaying... Sorry dude.

Yeah you can't go back there once you kill that guy (avoiding spoilers, you know who). I am 100% sure.

I am missing one diary! not what she wanted from the medical pavillion. the guide says search the corpse stienman was working on and i must have missed it the first time. the corpse is no longer on the table. any idea if this diary will pop up anywhere else or am i going to have to start over?

I am missing one diary! not what she wanted from the medical pavillion. the guide says search the corpse stienman was working on and i must have missed it the first time. the corpse is no longer on the table. any idea if this diary will pop up anywhere else or am i going to have to start over?

You need to start over, sorry that is one that you need to pick up first time around.

Search with telekinesis everywhere near... It wont dissappear cause i remember i missed 1 in Herphasteus that was in a corpse as well and after searching for a while, i found it, so maybe go to the next area (Neptunes Bount) and return, and see if it "repawns".