Favourite class

For those who have had a chance to play as all 4 classes/characters what would you say is your favourite class?

personally my favourite if the tech marine because his special ability if the best if you are getting overrun and he manages to balance ranged and melee very well.

by the devastator do you mean the sternguard veteran? the guy with the heavy bolter.

Yes that's what he means, and is technically correct. Space marine heavy weapons squads are called "Devastator squads" (or were back when I played). Actually just google "space marine devastator" and you'll see that the game borked the name to make it sound more exotic I guess.

http://www.tj-models.co.uk/ekmps/shops/tjmodels01/images/space-marine-devastator-squad-warhammer-48-15-1146-p.jpg

The Sternguard & Vanguard aren't specific to this game (or any other THQ title) they were introduced to SM Codex a few years back to distinguish between company veterans. The idea being that a Sternguard, is a First Company elite Devestator and is better equipped / experienced than other marines in the same role.

I still prever Devestator as a title though.

im loving the devastator and heavy bolter, especially with rapid fire... i am only upset there are only five chapters to choose from. well i am more upset that the space wolves arnt one of them! the had better not f'up an keep the space wolves out of space marine or i will be peeved.

I may have misread or be misremembering, RogueSatedan, but I'm pretty sure the character in Space Marine is an Ultramarine and there is no Chapter choice at all.

yeah i dont mind for the storyline but if there is a multiplayer there will NEED to be multiple chapters... unless it will only have the option to be eldar, orks, etc. i am hoping it is something kinda like tom clancy endwar and you get to choose a chapter/ faction to play as. i think that would be pretty sweet. i bet itll be more similarto the dawn of war setup thoughwhere you can choose a race to play as... guesss well see!

I love playing as the Librarian with melee upgrades and hoarding melee power ups, then just rushing in and killing everything as soon as it spawns :D Yes, I know he's not the best melee, but I prefer his special to the Vanguard, as sometimes the Vanguard's special causes me to fall to my death lol. Plus, the Librarian looks badass ;)

Also, Blood Angels FTW!

It's tricky to pick. I did my first playthrough as the Sternguard and loved him. Focused Fire combined with the Rapid Fire powerup using the Missile Launcher just devastates anything.

But on my second time I'm playing the Vanguard and have to say I'm enjoying him a lot more. Mainly because of his Charge attack, just tears through everything.

Did my first playthrough supported by a Librarian, second time supported by a Tech. Works very well to have Close Quarters combined with long range.

This games classes feel crazy awesome. Just had to preface my choice with that! These characters are listed in order of how useful they are from a scoring perspective.

#4. Tech Marine: I honestly don't understand how people can play as him. The melta gun seems like a good idea, but its lack of actual damage and the fact that his RB is useless for getting a higher multiplier. Idk, looks fun, but he's just so meh.

#3. Librarian: His RB ability is just too amazing. The only reason I don't particularly like him as my "main" is because he's only good in CC, making him vulnerable since every enemy in this game can attack just as fast as you can. Before the Sternguard gets the missile launcher, his ability is the best in the game along side the Vanguards.

#2. Vanguard: Lol. He's literally the Librarian with a better RB ability. I literally spent any level I played as him running around the rooms killing everything by jet packing into them! The only problem is that it's a little hard to turn, but thats not much of an issue when most things die when your un by em anyway

#1. Sternguard: So awesome! who needs the Melta gun when you can just rapid fire missile launchers? And over half the power ups in the game are centered around being at a longer range! Double Fire, Triple Fire, Quad Fire, Rapid Fire! The Bubble? Only useful at range! Shooting missiles while your opponent can't lay a finger on you from outside the bubble has saved me many a time.

I'll agree that the Devastator with rocket launcher is my favorite so far, but I have not tried the techmarine yet, probably do that on my co-op play thru, just in case, although sounds like he will be my second since his is more range then CC.

Regarding MM choices in Spacemarine, if you look at the pre-order bonuses available for the game, one is for Space wolves. Means it is not part of the basic game, but I am betting it will be in a future DLC (unless you pre-order it from the right place)