Achievement Discussion

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or have the ahievements changed since this site released them about 2 months ago???

If i remember there was no complete ....... on veteran at all now theres loads of them.

I dont think i can do it all on veteran i havent even done cod 2 or 3 on veteran yet. i will do cod 2 one day to get 1000 GS but i will give this a go i spose.

I would have used the achievement disscussion thread but its still locked up, soz

I don't know about any of you other hardcore Call of Duty fans but I was a little disappointed at first to see that the Veteran Achievements were missing from the original achievement list that was posted.

Seeing that they incorporated this (in my opinion) rather prestigious set of achievements back into the game definately made my day. Having completed Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 on Veteran (and knowing how incredibly difficult this was) I can only imagine that the Call of Duty 4 Veteran Achievements will deliver more of the same type of challenge.

Although somewhat disappointed that there are no multiplayer achievements (the multiplayer is incredibly addicting regardless of this fact) I am happy to see that they are recognizing the dedication that it takes to complete the Veteran difficulty by once again including these achievements.

I can't wait to try and knock this list out. :)

I think the list of achievements is fantastic. I especially like the single player campaign ones like "kill someone while blinded by a flashbang." I think Infinity Ward went in the right direction in deciding on no multiplayer achievements. They allow more people to enjoy the online actually playing; I also think it's incredible to set up the "Perk System", so it's kind of like achievements, but you don't need to waste time boosting to get them. You can enjoy the game playing online and have fun in the process. Overall, Infinity Ward is genius.

hmm..feels nice to see a game which isnt sooo tied up with freaking multi-player achievements...takes the fun out of the MP, because people are so tied up tryin to get them and been idiots and boasting about they got this and you haven't, so you must suck e.t.c, though some could be put towards multi-player, from the small looks of them, or they will release new updates/maps with MP achievements, when people have finished with single player and less people start to play MP

• 3 weeks later...

Thats one thing i liked about cod the MP but without achievements like the 20k or 40k in cod3 it doesnt get you crazy about scoring all the time like insane or why you killed my downed guy? its going to be like gears i knocked him down WTF?? and bad rep everywhere maybe thats why they didn't trip on kills/points or any online achievements.

Still cant wait to get this game tomorrow! hit me up if you guys want to play tdm

Most of the achievements are very easy, while some have to be unlocked at a certain spot. Like "Rescue Roycewicz". If your not by the staircase when he gets into a fight then you can't save him from getting killed. and a few others which require being in an exact spot of action to complete

But over all mostly seem simple (most are beating the game on veteran anyways). Well im very happy with the game and how its turned out.. 10 out of 10:woop:

I never like multiplayer achievements anyway. Everyone just boosts for them so it isn't really "achieving" anything.
yeah thats true but for those who get it legit it dont matter you can still boost for sp achievements like crack down i just got it to play h3beta but my friend said just play together ill get u some achievements im like ok... he killed the bosses and got me achievements whitout doing nothing so see there are still boosters for sp same goes for the mp of halo3 4ppl get the achievements even if one does all the work... the only exeption is if it requires you to put in work ie; the points, or headshot honcho etc...

I like the achievements quite a bit. I'm playing through on normal and already have around 230 points. Seems that it is a good mix where a casual gamer can get a good amount of points then be able to challenge themselves with the veteran achievements. I like the lack of online achievements as these are usually pretty cheap (as CoD3 showed with the 10k). One thing that might have been nice is to have the 3 kills in a row with a knife (and similar achievements) be online or single player. However as someone in another thread pointed out it is nice to know that when you play online you won't have to deal with a teammate just trying to knife people for an achievement instead of trying to actually win. Maybe have ranked matches be no achievements so people are more serious? Just food for thought....