Game of the Year vs Complete Edition

Pyro Stick

• 4 weeks later...
I have a copy of the game of the year edition. Says it includes BoF and BotV but fucked if i know how to get it, couldn't seem to connect to the ubisoft server. :(

Have you actually played through the game yet? You have to get to the DLC in the story, you can't simply play it at will. The DLC is sequences 12 and 13. You'll also see some "Templar Lairs" starting around sequence 5 or so if you have the DLC. I would assume the DLC is on the disc so you probably don't have to download anything for it.

EDIT: I just looked at your gamercard, and you have played through the game, so I'm stumped at how you would get it unless you got some codes for it or something. Did you buy it used? If so the codes might have already been used and discarded.

Edited by bblcreator8790

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the very same thing.

Read about the products but both seem to include BoF and BotV so what is the real difference between them? Getting the game tomorrow and Complete Edition is €5 cheeper than GotY...

If you have completed the game on GoTY edition then you have already played the dlc as stated above, check your DNA for sequences 12 and 13 to see it. GotY and CE sounds like they have the same content, the 2 dlc's and 3? templar lairs. The ubisoft thing doesnt work on this, sign up via the web which works fine to unlock a few goodies.

Thanks for the help. Now all i need to know is if the GOTY edition is compatible with a standard edition save file. I borrowed the standard edition and got pretty far (at least 3/4 of the way through) and dont want to buy the GOTY edition to find that it wont read my save file and make me start again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks for the help. Now all i need to know is if the GOTY edition is compatible with a standard edition save file. I borrowed the standard edition and got pretty far (at least 3/4 of the way through) and dont want to buy the GOTY edition to find that it wont read my save file and make me start again.

the two sequences are, but the Templar Lairs are not. Despite the GotY edition having all the content actually on-disk, the Templar Levels will never appear if you have previously played a previous version. According to the ubisoft Help forum this is a known issue and there is currently no fix. The only way to be able to access those Templar Lairs on the GotY version is to start a new account! How craptacular is that!?

Both sequence 12 and 13 work just fine. They are quite good too. Well worth playing. But damn that Templar Lair thing really grind my gears. Not being able to access extra content I payed for is seriously uncool! :(

Note, this ONLY happens if you have played a previous version of ACII on your XBL account. If you have not played ACII before all the content will be there.

Edited by HeDanny

• 3 weeks later...

i bought it ages ago, played the hell out of it then traded it in while ago. but then my brother bought a new xbox and the GOTY edition came with it. i borrowed it to play the dlc and it worked fine, i could jump right in.

though come to think of it i never bothered with the extra templar lairs(thank god, that would of been frustrating or being able to find them or know why), so the comment above me still makes sense.

the two sequences are, but the Templar Lairs are not. Despite the GotY edition having all the content actually on-disk, the Templar Levels will never appear if you have previously played a previous version. According to the ubisoft Help forum this is a known issue and there is currently no fix. The only way to be able to access those Templar Lairs on the GotY version is to start a new account! How craptacular is that!?

Both sequence 12 and 13 work just fine. They are quite good too. Well worth playing. But damn that Templar Lair thing really grind my gears. Not being able to access extra content I payed for is seriously uncool! :(

Note, this ONLY happens if you have played a previous version of ACII on your XBL account. If you have not played ACII before all the content will be there.

Thanks, that answers all my questions. As long as the templar levels have no achievements then im fine with not being able to access them.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...