Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

My game randomly spawns a group of non-moving enemies that instantly detect me when I am within eyesight, which instantly makes 50 enemies go after me because the stupid enemies are psychic! Does anyone else have this problem?

The worst part of this game, however, isn't the pain-in-the-@ss optional objectives, or even the glitches, it's the combat.

I detest the combat. No one ever protested the mindless hack-and-slash combat of the first Assassin's Creed games. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, there now is a two-button combat system, one button to parry, the other to attack. This sounds good in theory, but when harder enemies respond to your attacks with counterattacks, and they do the exact same when you parry them -- what am I supposed to do? Even worse is that the "combo-combat," as I have named it. When one attacks one enemy, Connor does all of these flashy moves, but if he can't execute the last move in his over-the-top 30 hit combo, then the first 29 hits in the combo are meaningless. If I wanted to play a game with fun combos, I would be playing Mortal Kombat, heck, even in Mortal Kombat if one doesn't properly execute a combo, the enemy still takes damage, however minimal.

Rant over.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much hate everything about AC3 so far.

1. Introduction too long
  2. Story boring
  3. Too many cutscenes
  4. Pointless lockpicking
  5. damn optional objectives (looking at you sequence 4 and sequence 5(
  6. Glitches (WTF!)

Please tell me this thing gets better. At this point, I seriously doubt I'll DLC AC3 or even bother for 100% achievement

This is the first of my many issues with this game but at the moment the only one I can write down cohesively

http://www.creditgif.com/02.jpghttp://www.creditgif.com/28.jpghttp://www.creditgif.com/03.jpghttp://www.creditgif.com/05.jpg

http://www.creditgif.com/04.jpghttp://www.creditgif.com/29.jpg

I don't understand how so many people can have such huge glitch issues in this game when I never experienced one. Its weird.

My only problem with the game is that the main missions are less interesting than the side quest content. I found myself putting off missions until every bit of "extra" content had been completed. Hopefully AC4 will have fun main missions, with less of an emphasis on 100% mission constraints.

Howdo,

I've not had played this yet, but I didn't wanna start a new thread to ask a "bitchy" question so came here.

Does this game have the first person platforming bollocks from Revelations? I'm currently slashing my wrists on the lost archive! I thought I was lucky and my game had glitched at the start of the main campaign because I could do all the Desmond memories from the get go (no data fragments). They bored the hell out of me, but I was happy to get them out of the way, but boy was I wrong.. First they were boring and now I fucking hate them. It's like they played mirrors edge and thought "you know what would be cool?, we take everything that made that game ace and bin it then put the rest tack it onto the next assassin's game."

Anyway, is 100% sync harder this time or something? Going by what you're all saying it sounds like this gonna be annoying as well....

Edited by zapp_8rannigan

100% sync is definitely a lot harder than previous games. someone will post saying something like "really?! i did it no problem in just a few hours", but most people are finding it much more difficult in certain places. usually one element of a mission, an optional objective, that despite cruising through everything before and afterwards will just be insanely difficult and you will repeat it endlessly while trying to keep increasingly-real images of smashing your TV/Xbox/house to pieces out of your mind.

once i got to the main storyline i really enjoyed this game for a few sequences but now the bad is SO BAD it means that my overall opinion for this game is that it is terrible. a colossal waste of time. and i would not recommend anyone start it if you can avoid it, even if you love the previous games (as i do) or if you are good at the previous games. the latter will be of no help whatsoever in the parts of this one that seem expressly designed to drain away your life. see CGPsaint's comments above. that paragraph perfectly describes what is so obviously wrong with the game - did they not test it all?!?!

Edited by G2covers

Augh, this game is awful. Sequence 5: Boston's Most Wanted starts this, but I'm sure it continues through the rest of the game. When you're at full notoriety, the enemy AI is so cheap. And maybe it's just because I used solely the counter kills in the previous four games and am having trouble adjusting, but parrying and counter-killing aren't as responsive as they should be. I've tried holding the button like you're supposed to, I've tried mashing the button, I've tried timing the button press, I've even tried holding and timing the let up, and I get the slow-motion counter kill option maybe two times in the entire fight, which isn't enough and gets me killed.

The human shield from the firing line isn't responsive, either. Once I get spotted trying to take down those stupid posters, there's a line-up in addition to the 4-5 melee fighters and attempting to grab one of the nearby melee guys never works.

At this rate, I'm not even going to pick up AC4, much less any of the DLC, and I'm really considering just breaking the discs to AC3.

I've never actually used one of these bitching threads before, but I have to get this one off my chest. I am soooo glad I didn't purchase the season pass on this one. 4 add-ons worth a total of 350 G? What the hell were they thinking? I used to love AC and really loved the main story for ACIII but this is out of control. A half-assed reinvention of the events of the American Revolution? Someone got this "brilliant idea" before the main game was even released and they started hyping it up and by the time it had hit someone said, "Ummm...maybe this is garbage, let's half-ass the rest and announce ACIV, maybe that will save us..." I can't believe I wasted as much time as I did getting the retail 1k on the main game when I have to pay for four full DLCs worth 350 G to maintain 100% completion. UBI is in total ripoff mode now and all excitement I had for this franchise and for Splinter Cell has been raped. Bite me Ubisoft.

Howdo,

I've not had played this yet, but I didn't wanna start a new thread to ask a "bitchy" question so came here.

Does this game have the first person platforming bollocks from Revelations? I'm currently slashing my wrists on the lost archive! I thought I was lucky and my game had glitched at the start of the main campaign because I could do all the Desmond memories from the get go (no data fragments). They bored the hell out of me, but I was happy to get them out of the way, but boy was I wrong.. First they were boring and now I fucking hate them. It's like they played mirrors edge and thought "you know what would be cool?, we take everything that made that game ace and bin it then put the rest tack it onto the next assassin's game."

Anyway, is 100% sync harder this time or something? Going by what you're all saying it sounds like this gonna be annoying as well....

Thankfully, there is no more of the first person platforming BS. The Lost Archive was a nightmare...in fact, Revelation in general left a lot to be desired. I don't know why I thought 3 would be much better.

These "Optional" mission constraints, are really starting to get on my nerves! So many of them contradict each other, while others are stupid and glitchy. The entire Battle of the Chesapeake is a pain in the ass! I have tried at least 50 times, and I either can't get 3 broadside kills (they just don't register), or I can't expose the powder kegs on one of the bigger ships. Since I have a fully upgraded Aquila, I blow them up too fast! Some of these missions towards the beginning were fun, but they just became tedious near the end!

Going on 15 weeks since my floating pivot in the Frontier has been scanned. Been keeping me from getting the original 1k for too long now... As if dealing with the awful 100% achievement and the terrible, glitchy mechanics to this game weren't bad enough already. Doubt I will support Ubisoft again after this game after they have completely ignored their fans and rip people off.

The biggest gripe I have with this game was the fact that it took ages to actually get to the main story line, had to piss around for a while playing the templar first. It was really odd...

Couldn't agree more. It's been a while since I played, but I thought the first half of the game seemed like a long, sometimes painful, tutorial. I like the AC games, so I still enjoyed III, but in a word I would say it was rushed. Just not polished at all. And I didn't even experience any of the glitch issues that others have suffered with.

I can't help but feel that Ubisoft have to take a quick look at the title of the series once in a while... Sneaking and killing silently like an ASSASSIN seems to have been completely forgotten in the story and rush to develop a new game every year. Sadly, it was usually easier to charge into a group of enemies and confront them front on in AC3 than it was to sneak around them and kill silently (like an assassin).

Having just played Bioshock Infinite, which is another series that could be pillaged for profit, but isn't, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Optional objectives for those naval missions are a bitch. Like that privateer one where you have to sink a whole fleet of ships in 1.5 minutes! And those ones where you have to expose the weak point; no matter how careful I am, I usually still end up destroying frigates in one hit, and instead of being able to reload the checkpoint, you have to redo the entire mission because it's right at the end. Having to complete a mission over and over and over and over and over and over is getting real fucking old.

And then there's the delivery missions. I've handed one in. DNA still says I'm 0% complete, and I can't even pick up any other delivery mission.

Decided to try to finish off the 100% Sync bar this weekend, got a lot done and was finishing off the hunting regions only to find out that the game won't register any beaver kills or clues in the Concord region, no matter how many I kill. One glitch and all the hours trying to get 100% wasted. What a productive waste of time...

I see the multiplayer aspect is bullshit as usual. How can people perform an aerial assault though a building, I really have to wonder. People can kill me from miles away, but I can never stun... ever, but people can stun me without problems. In fact I can never perform an aerial assault on anyone either, but they have no problems doing it on me. I choose to search for a team based game and it puts me in free for all?!!!

Oh yeah, not to mention killing someone you weren't even highlighting. And getting stunned 7 times in a row... now matter how many times you try to kill your target, he somehow manages to keep stunning you over and over. I can't even get a contested kill.

Edited by Direkin

I really mainly don't understand why they had to change FUNDAMENTAL CONTROLS four games into the stupid franchise. How many fkking times have I gone sailing off a viewpoint now when I was just trying to synchronize? Let's not even mention all the changes to combat and how RT no longer defends.

And as a purely aesthetic bitch - goddamn, what did they do to those poor horses? Even Altair had better looking horses than this.

Fucking hell i hate this game more and more with every step i take

If you go for the achievements you really see how flawed and terrible this game is, combat is terrible as you have no controll over what you do, it just attacks randomly and uses different attacks than you instruct it too, amd even without doing anything itll still attack sometimes

Almost all optional missions are complete bullshit that ruin the game

They dont want you to have any fun whatsoever, they want to make you fucking miserable and piss you off to the point you want to kill everyone involved in making this pieve of shit