Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off let me just say, great guide BiggD! Also, too all the haters out there, if you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut as you are not contributing anything. Getting off my soap box.

Now, regarding the "Fame or Shame" mission (and you may want to update the name of that mission in your guide BiggD, as it is "or" and not "of", but not a big deal). I spent easily over an hour trying to get the "Bearing Down" requirement. (See EDIT below) Turns out that you MUST keep the trailer hooked up AND keep close to Lazlow. I kept dropping the trailer right at the start of each replay because I already had "All Hooked Up" and just couldn't get the "Bearing Down" part... turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer. Kept the trailer on and then I got it the very next replay.

Mission 21: Fame or Shame (Triggered by either Michael or Trevor)

Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow throughout the chase

All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer

EDIT(!): Metabolic x360a says that he was able to get the requirement WITHOUT the trailer attached, so I shouldn't have said "MUST keep the trailer hooked up". I am changing this to say, "If you are having problems getting this requirement, try doing it WITH the trailer attached as I was able to get it the first time, after trying many, many times without the trailer attached."

Edited by BrinkX

First off let me just say, great guide BiggD! Also, too all the haters out there, if you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut as you are not contributing anything. Getting off my soap box.

Now, regarding the "Fame or Shame" mission (and you may want to update the name of that mission in your guide BiggD, as it is "or" and not "of", but not a big deal). I spent easily over an hour trying to get the "Bearing Down" requirement. Turns out that you MUST keep the trailer hooked up AND keep close to Lazlow. I kept dropping the trailer right at the start of each replay because I already had "All Hooked Up" and just couldn't get the "Bearing Down" part... turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer. Kept the trailer on and then I got it the very next replay.

Mission 21: Fame or Shame (Triggered by either Michael or Trevor)

Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow throughout the chase

All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer

Sorry but that's not true, you just mustn't have been close enough on the previous tries, my first time playing this mission I unhooked the trailer immediately when Trevor told me to because I didn't know the gold requirements and the only check I received was Bearing Down.

You do have to stay fairly close to him while the trailer is attached to get All Hooked Up, if he get's too far away from you the trailer will be automatically detached so you can catch up.

I have noticed that the 'Stay Close' requirements from mission to mission are pretty flexible. I didn't fail any, even ones where I was sure I was too far away but I can't get it at all on 'Papparazzo The Meltdown' even though I did one run where I was literally level with the police car the entire time.

good list. helped out a lot. It should be noted that dying also voids the "Health and Armor" related challenges, in addition to the time and accuracy ones. The Unmarked Challenge.

Gold requirements would've been a lot easier had they made it so stuff like timing/accuracy/etc. is cataloged at a checkpoint, so if you die and restart at the checkpoint, it picks up from there.

Gold requirements would've been a lot easier had they made it so stuff like timing/accuracy/etc. is cataloged at a checkpoint, so if you die and restart at the checkpoint, it picks up from there.

I agree, I can kinda see why the time requirement is voided, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if you could just retry and an hour and still get it because it 'technically' only took 10 minutes to do the mission.

But why void things like accuracy/head shots?

I agree, I can kinda see why the time requirement is voided, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if you could just retry and an hour and still get it because it 'technically' only took 10 minutes to do the mission.

But why void things like accuracy/head shots?

As far as I can tell, headshots dont get voided. But yeah. Still the point is the same. You could just miss a whole bunch of shots and commit suicide to do better. Most missions are relatively short so restarting them is not too much of a trouble anyway. Especially it is nice you can get the requirements on separate plays. That excuses all these nuances IMO.

Sorry but that's not true, you just mustn't have been close enough on the previous tries, my first time playing this mission I unhooked the trailer immediately when Trevor told me to because I didn't know the gold requirements and the only check I received was Bearing Down.

I'm telling you that I did it at least 10 times WITHOUT the trailer and I was on Lazlow's ass the entire time for at least 7 of those tries. I started to get very frustrated and tried to find some help online (watched videos, etc.). I then decided to try it with the trailer and even though I couldn't stay as close as when I didn't have the trailer, I got it the first time trying it with the trailer attached.

I am not going to argue with you about this, I just figured I would put this out there in case other people run into the same problem that I had.

Edited by BrinkX

Does anyone know how to unlock the mission "A Starlet in Vinewood"? This is triggerd by Franklin. But how?

I also need to unlock mission "The final frontier" and "The last one" these two missions isnt listed on your list but they are on the Social club list.

Anyone knows how to unlock these 3 missions? :confused:

Does anyone know how to unlock the mission "A Starlet in Vinewood"? This is triggerd by Franklin. But how?

I also need to unlock mission "The final frontier" and "The last one" these two missions isnt listed on your list but they are on the Social club list.

Anyone knows how to unlock these 3 missions? :confused:

A Starlet in Vinewood is available after you collect all 50 letter scraps.

Final Frontier is complete after returning all 50 UFO parts to Omega.

The Last One is a secret mission that unlocks long after you 100% the game.

Yes. Be sure to skip them if you are replaying missions and need to go for the time requirement.

I wish i had read this before, i like cutscenes even over again, also gives a quick pause but bah.

Also it's noted that using a checkpoint voids certain things, maybe add a symbol to the list for those that do?

Thing i've noticed is not all timed parts are void from the checkpoint if the checkpoint is not a total timer and a random bunch of other things get voided when they could well be fine, headshots on one mission i noticed was but on another it was fine, wasnt that i missed the target it was just the X through the one, the other i knew i missed before the end so let myself die and restart from checkpoint and got it (i did them in reverse order of what i've just said which is why i assumed it was fine).

I don't recall which missions though, only just starting to lookup details on this as i am close to the 70 now i think.

I'm telling you that I did it at least 10 times WITHOUT the trailer and I was on Lazlow's ass the entire time for at least 7 of those tries. I started to get very frustrated and tried to find some help online (watched videos, etc.). I then decided to try it with the trailer and even though I couldn't stay as close as when I didn't have the trailer, I got it the first time trying it with the trailer attached.

I am not going to argue with you about this, I just figured I would put this out there in case other people run into the same problem that I had.

No one is arguing but people come here for help and you are making a definitive statement that I know is subjective and that's not going to help anybody. Your experience is your experience others might have a different one, like I did, so I was simply pointing out that what you said was not 100% guaranteed to work for everyone like you made it seem.

No one is arguing but people come here for help and you are making a definitive statement that I know is subjective and that's not going to help anybody. Your experience is your experience others might have a different one, like I did, so I was simply pointing out that what you said was not 100% guaranteed to work for everyone like you made it seem.

So are you saying that if someone keeps the trailer on AND stays close enough the entire time, they are NOT 100% guaranteed to get it...?

I can say with 100% certainty that if someone leaves the trailer attached and stays close the entire time, they will definitely get the requirement. 100% of the time. And I can say this with certainty and yes I am making a definitive statement that will help anyone that tries to do it that way.

You "may have" gotten it without the trailer, but that does not mean that others will be able to get it without the trailer. I could NOT get it when I did NOT have the trailer attached. 100% of the time, without the trailer, I did NOT get the requirement completed. The ONLY time I stayed close AND got the requirement was when I had the trailer attached. I don't see how my statement was not helpful. I would have found it helpful if I had found someone else mentioning this "possibility", since I wouldn't have kept trying without the trailer. Again, I got it the first time WITH the trailer (and I wasn't even able to stay as close as ALL OF THOSE times without the trailer).

Edited by BrinkX

you MUST keep the trailer hooked up...turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer.

I can say with 100% certainty that if someone leaves the trailer attached and stays close the entire time, they will definitely get the requirement. 100% of the time. And I can say this with certainty and yes I am making a definitive statement that will help anyone that tries to do it that way.

Well now you are just being pretentious and argumentative, both things I was not trying to be at all. Above you can see you original post and your new, amended, post you tried to pass off as the same statement. Which they aren't. Do you not see the difference between using words like MUST and WONT (definitive) and IF (subjective)?

I'm done now, the only thing I wanted to say has been said. Based off my own experience you don't need to have the trailer hitched to gain the check, so saying you must have it attached to do it is incorrect. That's it, no one is infallible, just accept it and move on. If you get this bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you on the internet how do you get anything done?

Well now you are just being pretentious and argumentative, both things I was not trying to be at all. Above you can see you original post and your new, amended, post you tried to pass off as the same statement. Which they aren't. Do you not see the difference between using words like MUST and WONT (definitive) and IF (subjective)?

I'm done now, the only thing I wanted to say has been said. Based off my own experience you don't need to have the trailer hitched to gain the check, so saying you must have it attached to do it is incorrect. That's it, no one is infallible, just accept it and move on. If you get this bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you on the internet how do you get anything done?

Fair enough. I should amend the first statement to say that if you want to guarantee that you get Bearing Down, leave the trailer attached. But feel free to try it the other way, without the trailer attached, as others have said they were able to get the requirement without the trailer attached... I was not. (I did go back and edit the first post, so let me know if you think the edit is acceptable).

To be clear, I was just trying to help others as I spent easily over an hour doing this with no success (so very frustrating to listen to the same dialog over and over). Then the first time I replayed the mission with the trailer attached, I got a checkmark on the "Bearing Down" requirement. I've also seen plenty of videos of this mission, but I can't find one that shows "Bearing Down" being done without the trailer... not to say it doesn't exist or isn't possible, but if someone is having an issue getting that particular requirement, I would suggest doing it with the trailer attached.

Hope this helps someone. I know the suggestion would have helped me.

Edited by BrinkX

A tip for Architects Plans. Instead of running all the way back down after you get the briefcase, just jump off the side and kill yourself. Spawned outside the construction site, went to Lester and it said I got a gold. (11 seconds)

Also for Fire Truck I call 911, get a Fire Truck to come out (don't light anything on fire) when it comes I steal it, then drive it to the location. I get the no damage check, but not the one for calling 911 to get it. Anyone know whats up?

Edited by mast3r 0r0m1s

Alright here it is. I didn't know Mission Times for the assassinations (at the bottom) so I guessed, just try and beat that time, shouldn't be hard as they're really easy.

For those of you who don't know how to work Google Documents and stuff, you have to have a gmail account first. Then go to the document go to File - Make A Copy. It should open up a brand new window/tab and you'll be able to edit it to your hearts content.

If you notice anything wrong let me know and I'll fix it, there might be a few missions that are missing that require nothing except for completion like Dotting Dad etc. I just followed the list on the front page.

And again if there is enough people wanting one I can make one for Strangers and Freaks.

EDIT - Idk if I'm missing it or something, but the list up front has Carbine Rifles on it and I don't see that mission anywhere on my list in-game. Does anyone have it on theirs?

Edited by mast3r 0r0m1s