Possible release date ?

olie3146

No way that's happening, otherwise they'd have said it by now if it was that soon. I'm guessing that was added when a spring release was announced (if not before). Besides, my pre-ordered copy from Best Buy says you can pre-order thru 3/31 (suggesting an April 2 release), with the date subject to change. Plus there are too many other games coming out at that time, so there's no way they're releasing then.

The only thing that is making me wonder about the release date is that the game is "scheduled" to release in about 2 months. Don't you think there should be more trailers/advertisements out for this game?

I was wondering the same thing. Rockstar usually plays the hell out of commercials for their games about 2-3 months before release.

Could be, but...

Red Dead Redemption: May 18th, 2010

L.A. Noire: May 17th, 2011

Max Payne 3: May 15th 2012

I'm feeling a pattern here. I'm shooting for May 14th.

Possibly i suppose only time will tell its almost February and we aint seen any really good game play footage either received a release date if we don't hear anything soon we might have to kiss goodbye to a April or may release

The only thing that is making me wonder about the release date is that the game is "scheduled" to release in about 2 months. Don't you think there should be more trailers/advertisements out for this game?

Possibly i suppose only time will tell its almost February and we aint seen any really good game play footage either received a release date if we don't hear anything soon we might have to kiss goodbye to a April or may release

Very true. But Rockstar didn't bother showing anything at E3 last summer so maybe they're approaching GTAV with more 'secrecy' than past titles? Who knows, there's still a good 3 months for them to advertise the game, so we'll see.

I can't do links with my stupid windows phone. But Microsoft store sent out emails to people who have it pre ordered with them stating that release date..

Now worries man I got overexcited and demanded hard proof lol I think you're probably right with the date. Though I won't be ordering from MS themselves, they've proven to be unreliable in the past and start selling new games at £50 in here UK?

The worker at Gamestop told me GTA:V was going to be released February 12th. I told him he was wrong and he refused to believe me, which I'm fine with, I just knew it wasn't coming that soon. I checked their website and it said December 31st? I'm sure that's wrong also. ... Is it really suppose to be getting released on the 24th of March?

I saw the same thing he did..... and you never know.

Shoot, I think Black/White 2 (pokemon) came out on a Sunday.

It most certainly did come out on a Sunday, October 7th to be exact :p, but that wasn't a retail Xbox 360 game. Xbox games, much like PS3 and PC games come out on Tuesdays.

The worker at Gamestop told me GTA:V was going to be released February 12th. I told him he was wrong and he refused to believe me, which I'm fine with, I just knew it wasn't coming that soon. I checked their website and it said December 31st? I'm sure that's wrong also. ... Is it really suppose to be getting released on the 24th of March?

No way dude. It will not be coming out the 24th of that month because that's much too soon and games come out on Tuesdays, not Sundays. It's all rumors for now.