Ultimate Battler Achievement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't finish either of them! I lack the luck and skill :(

They will both come with enough practice, the key is patience (keep resetting till you get a good line up, keep trying when the computer randomly decides to beat you down)

They will both come with enough practice, the key is patience (keep resetting till you get a good line up, keep trying when the computer randomly decides to beat you down)

Practice is only getting me so far! I can see The Max being decent, but Impossible! will be frustrating if I keep getting to the 15th or 18th fight with only half of my second health bar left!

Practice is only getting me so far! I can see The Max being decent, but Impossible! will be frustrating if I keep getting to the 15th or 18th fight with only half of my second health bar left!

Yea that happened to me so many times...:(

See the problem with Survival modes is that with any other game that makes your conserve health like strategy survival and almost any other genre is that you have an idea of how to conserve health and there isn't a whole lot of random variables to take into account. With any fighting game you can't expect anything to happen thats why they are so much fun competitively is because you never know whats going to happen. The problem is is that the game mode is expecting you to know whats going to happen and then punishes you when you don't. Its also a problem because your supposed to play fighting games like your playing another person but there is no prediction when fighting against a computer. Just a few thoughts of why this is so punishing in a fighting game.

See the problem with Survival modes is that with any other game that makes your conserve health like strategy survival and almost any other genre is that you have an idea of how to conserve health and there isn't a whole lot of random variables to take into account. With any fighting game you can't expect anything to happen thats why they are so much fun competitively is because you never know whats going to happen. The problem is is that the game mode is expecting you to know whats going to happen and then punishes you when you don't. Its also a problem because your supposed to play fighting games like your playing another person but there is no prediction when fighting against a computer. Just a few thoughts of why this is so punishing in a fighting game.

Yupp, the AI is unpredictable and dangerous as hell in this game. It's all a gamble when going into a fight against the AI, regardless of difficulty really.

Rargh! I have been at this Impossible! ladder for like 2 weeks and I don't want to take a break with it because in fighting games you only get worse if you decide to not play for a while. The closest I got was to opponent 22 and then Sinestro managed to spam me to death. This is so frustrating and disheartening how random and stupidly luck based to win this is. I am posting a guide sometime today that will give tips and tricks on what I have learned from trying to beat it and I will definitely put up the full run when I finally beat it. Its just sooo difficult.

Rargh! I have been at this Impossible! ladder for like 2 weeks and I don't want to take a break with it because in fighting games you only get worse if you decide to not play for a while. The closest I got was to opponent 22 and then Sinestro managed to spam me to death. This is so frustrating and disheartening how random and stupidly luck based to win this is. I am posting a guide sometime today that will give tips and tricks on what I have learned from trying to beat it and I will definitely put up the full run when I finally beat it. Its just sooo difficult.

It will only make the sound of that achievement popping so much sweeter...I totally shouted YES at the top of my lung when I got it, good thing nobody was home haha

YESS!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!!! I was about to go to bed but then I noticed that I have the most perfect line up in the history of mankind and I was like to myself, "I might as well try once and then go to bed." So I made my capture card record and started my run. I have never been so satisfied before to see that achievement icon pop. Since I recorded the whole run I will be uploading it to my Youtube channel so that other people can see what they should be doing when facing off in this. My hands are still shaking from getting this. :locked ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!! :locked

YESS!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!!! I was about to go to bed but then I noticed that I have the most perfect line up in the history of mankind and I was like to myself, "I might as well try once and then go to bed." So I made my capture card record and started my run. I have never been so satisfied before to see that achievement icon pop. Since I recorded the whole run I will be uploading it to my Youtube channel so that other people can see what they should be doing when facing off in this. My hands are still shaking from getting this. :locked ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!! :locked

Hawkgirl or Doomsday?

Nice congrats, it feels good doesn't it haha. Let us know when you have the video uploaded

Sweet mother of Jesus, finally got Ultimate Battler :Bounce: Doomsday IS the way to go. I used the jump in Down+A and then A, A. I kept applying pressure so I could force the AI to clash as soon as possible, better for them to get some health back than me being caught up in a random super move :eek:

Overall for me Sinestro and Superman were the worst of the bunch, Im so glad its over! Godspeed to everybody still working on it and keep at it guys cuz this will be a very liberating achievement! :drunk

Edited by Castillo82

Sweet mother of Jesus, finally got Ultimate Battler :Bounce: Doomsday IS the way to go. I used the jump in Down+A and then A, A. I kept applying pressure so I could force the AI to clash as soon as possible, better for them to get some health back than me being caught up in a random super move :eek:

Overall for me Sinestro and Superman were the worst of the bunch, Im so glad its over! Godspeed to everybody still working on it and keep at it guys cuz this will be a very liberating achievement! :drunk

So basically what you're saying is that, if I were to pay you say...$30, you would be willing to do it for me? ;)

So basically what you're saying is that, if I were to pay you say...$30, you would be willing to do it for me? ;)

Omg, brother... I have the patience of a saint, but to do it again would break my sanity :( If youre ever in Copenhagen, bring some beers (LOTS) and I'll see what I can do ;)

Well, back to the real world! Persistence is the key to success. Took me over a damn week to finally beat Impossible - I know its a f***ed up battle mode but DO NOT give up. At some point lady luck is bound to give you a good lineup :)

Omg, brother... I have the patience of a saint, but to do it again would break my sanity :( If youre ever in Copenhagen, bring some beers (LOTS) and I'll see what I can do ;)

Well, back to the real world! Persistence is the key to success. Took me over a damn week to finally beat Impossible - I know its a f***ed up battle mode but DO NOT give up. At some point lady luck is bound to give you a good lineup :)

I'll keep that thought in mind in case I ever decide to leave the states and travel over there :p

But in all serious, lady luck despises me for some reason. Hopefully I can get on her good side sometime soon so I can complete the battle myself!

I'll keep that thought in mind in case I ever decide to leave the states and travel over there :p

But in all serious, lady luck despises me for some reason. Hopefully I can get on her good side sometime soon so I can complete the battle myself!

One encouraging thing about the whole battle mode concept, is that at the end of the day, it all comes down to random luck.

Im no pro with Doomsday, and considering the fact that most people get through Impossible by "just" using the muffinstring combo is amazing :eek:

The AI is just so random, sometimes they punish you severely for tiny mistakes and at times you can just keep doing the crossover combo like theres no tomorrow :confused:

Since I used an even simpler version of the muffinstring, theres no doubt in my mind that I beat it with luck. On the 6 final fights my starting health was about 90% (2nd bar) which was horrible cuz the AI was really hungry for me :mad:

You will get it when you least expect it, keep trying, bro and Lady Luck will open a door for you ;)

One encouraging thing about the whole battle mode concept, is that at the end of the day, it all comes down to random luck.

Im no pro with Doomsday, and considering the fact that most people get through Impossible by "just" using the muffinstring combo is amazing :eek:

The AI is just so random, sometimes they punish you severely for tiny mistakes and at times you can just keep doing the crossover combo like theres no tomorrow :confused:

Since I used an even simpler version of the muffinstring, theres no doubt in my mind that I beat it with luck. On the 6 final fights my starting health was about 90% (2nd bar) which was horrible cuz the AI was really hungry for me :mad:

You will get it when you least expect it, keep trying, bro and Lady Luck will open a door for you ;)

Yeah Imposible! is like the most luck based which sucks, but hey, if you we're able to do it with the simpler method, I'll give that a try this weekend or next time I get on the game and see how it goes. Maybe the AI will be kind and let me beat them without me taking too much damage.

How did you manage on health during the Battle? Like by fights 5, 10, 15 and 20, what was your health looking like?

Here is my video for Tips and Tricks concerning Impossible!. I will post my full run but I have to commentate it yet and then compile and upload it which both take a while.

EDIT: Made a new one with improved sound. Look below to that one.

Edited by Buckles Supreme