Supersoldier Glitch Thread - Looking for why

acidburnvictim

Did the achievement glitch on your account?

Yup

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty?

Yup

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock?

Not sure what that means but veteran unlocked and everything is at 7/7

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu?

Through New Game

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select?

no, started the game off on SS diff.

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop?

Haven't yet, just beat AC at the end and tried playing first level and tutorial to unlock it (both on SS as well)

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing?

Nope, i only hit x to skip a cutscene once during my playthrough and it was on accident

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some initial questions:

No

No

Yes

No

Yes, I did them in supersolider difficulty too.

No problems.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing?

I skipped a lot and watched some, randomly.

• 3 weeks later...
A guy from the crytek staff says they are looking into this glitch among many other things.

Though based on their history for fixing glitched achievements,(6 month multiplayer achievement in Crysis 2) I'm not getting my hopes up.

here's the link to his posthttp://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=61398&sid=6ec54b766ddd67e67496c965425a1ec4

Fixing SS is not mentioned in the tread though :eek:

wow Crytek is a piece of shit. I wasn't able to even complete the game whatsoever until today. I can confirm after installing the today's latest patch that SS is still glitched. After finally being able to complete the thing I was like "what the fuck?" only World Saver and Bring it On unlocked. Professional Superhero did not and I don't give a fuck anymore.

this is the most broken AAA title I've ever played (never played SimCity though). it's fucking amateur hour. 3 major patches and this shit is still broken.

• 3 weeks later...

No

No

Yes

New Game

Only on my normal run thru, not on SS difficulty.

No issues.

Watched all cutscenes through their entirety.

• 3 weeks later...

YES

YES

YES

MENU

NO

I STILL HAVEN'T UNLOCKED IT

NO...WATCHED THEM ALL

BUT ODD THING IS THAT IN THE MENU...IN THE VIDEOS AND MUSIC SECTION...ALL THE VIDEOS ARE UNLOCKED AND WATCHABLE FROM LVLS 1-6...7 AND THE ENDING ARE NOT THERE...AS IF I NEVER PLAYED THEM...IM WONDERING IF THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SS GLITCH....AND MAYBE IF I START OFF AT 7 IF IT WILL FINALLY UNLOCK..

NO

No

YES

New game

not for these two achivments

none

Skiped all of them and Im pretty sure it has to do with your xex file and the last guy pretty much summed up the fact. He beat it but no final video. In the xex file it shows the levels you played and the difficulty inwhich they were played. Im pretty sure that one the the levels isnt counting for you the question I have to those that it glitched on did you play through the whole chapter straight meaning you didnt stop in the middle of a chapter and then come back to it later?

• 1 month later...

YES

Did you start out on Super Soldier Difficulty?

YES

YES

New Game

NO

Haven't unlocked it yet. Just completed the campaign last night and upset to see (and receive) this glitch

A few times.

• 2 weeks later...

i completed the campaign on SS, tutorial and all, and i didn't skip any scenes. I still didn't get the achievement for completing the campaign on SS.

Here are the achievements i did get after the end.

1. complete 3/7 missions on SS

2. complete 3/7 missions on Vet

3. complete the game on any diff

4. beat the game on Vet

but no: complete game on SS:mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did the achievement glitch on your account? Yes.

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? No (easy).

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? Yes.

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? New game on easy.

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? No.

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop? I haven't yet - need to wipe my save and try again.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? On my initial playthrough, no. On my second (SS) playthrough, yes, I skipped a significant number of them.

Edited by Triblade
Bolded the answers to make them easier to read

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been over a year since I last tried to unlock "Halfway to Hell" and "Supersoldier" but after finishing the third mission and the former never even popping, I've written them off as "Unobtainable" and after I take it back on it's rental due date, I'm saying goodbye to "Crysis 3".

The game in and of itself is awesome, just like it's predecessor but the achievements especially the multiplayer ones and these two SS-difficulty achievements just drag the game down IMO.

I put over two hours trying to get "Halfway" and Supersoldier but they never popped and having sunk hours, even though I've successfully unlocked other achievements along the way, I've thrown in the towel and am moving on.

It's nowhere near as broken (Actually shattered and destroyed) as the disaster that was "Battlefield 4" but Crysis 3's achievements are so glitchy and now that over a year has passed since it came out, I'm moving on.

It won't have a place of glory like "Crysis 2" does which I still rent and enjoy once in a while. And the multiplayer servers are now almost empty and thus, I'm not even bothing with the DLC.

Don't even bother trying to go for the SS difficulty achievements. I tried it several times and replayed the first three missions and avoided skipping the cut videos but none of them worked and and thus, am maxing out at 27/60 and 500 gamerscore.

I've now written off "Halfway to Hell" and "Professional Superhero" as unobtainable due to their glitched nature, very similar to "Urban Battle" from the "Need for Speed: Carbon".

My final verdict: Crysis 3 is a great game but terrible achievements and a mostly-dead multiplayer lobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: After some bizarre techniques I've finally managed to unlock the "Professional Superhero" and now have over 795G with this game. Still, it is now very bizarre to have the SS difficulty achievement but NOT "Halfway to Hell". I never could unlock that one though but just didn't bother.

Still, I'm not happy how a great game has been marred by so many glitchy achievements that required dubious techniques or maneuvers to unlock them.

• 1 year later...