Side Quests, Collectables, Puzzles, Endings guide

There is a missing Mystery that is not on this list. Confirmed that the achievement WILL pop whether you find it or not. Here is an update:

Handwritten Note - Overlook Penitentiary - Appears on level A4, near the Northwest stairwell

Psychological Evaluation (Overlook) - Overlook Penitentiary - In the A2 level of the guard tower, on the desk near the safe

Rick Letter (1) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the east edge of level A2, behind a shelf unit

Rick Letter (2) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the southwest of level A3, sitting on a desk

Angry Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - Through a cell along the west edge of level A2, at the end of the leveled corridor

BOLO Alert - Overlook Penitentiary - On level A3, in a drawer in the security room

Magazine Article - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a checkout room locker

Suicide Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a cell on the south side of the main hall

Rick Letter (3) - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a small room north of the workshops

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which number safe puzzles? lol theres quite a few

if your talking about the ones that are like: "turn dial 2 right three clicks" etc etc then no not at all. they usually just have guns.

Oh, well im playing on hard difficulty so some of these puzzles will be a bitch. but if i can avoid them i will.

i noticed that sometimes hitting enemies will kill them regardless of how careful i am. so if i hit someone i have to restart the same checkpoint over and over again.:mad: why is she falling down dead? these screaming chicks are so annoying.

Oh, well im playing on hard difficulty so some of these puzzles will be a bitch. but if i can avoid them i will.

i noticed that sometimes hitting enemies will kill them regardless of how careful i am. so if i hit someone i have to restart the same checkpoint over and over again.:mad: why is she falling down dead? these screaming chicks are so annoying.

If she is falling down dead, for some reason that doesnt count as a +1 kill to your stats. The only way it counts as a kill is if you kill them with a gun or if you hit them while they are on the ground and they die that way. But if you hit them and they automatically fall down dead, your in the clear. If you ever have any worries or doubts after a fight, just go into your stats and scroll down. It will tell you how many enemies youve killed. I would spam that like crazy to make sure

Question: does doing the Bank side quest (where you kill waves of enemies) void the endings for sparing monsters? I see on the other road map it says to do the first playthrough on easy where you don't kill anything and do all the sidequests, so I'm a bit confused on this.

Some people say theyve done it but I personally have tried on several occasions and havnt been able to do it, since when there on the ground the vault doesnt open unless there dead, so if you get lucky and kill every monster before it hits the ground then yes I guess you could do it, but like I said, ive tried maybe 5 times and couldnt do it

If she is falling down dead, for some reason that doesnt count as a +1 kill to your stats. The only way it counts as a kill is if you kill them with a gun or if you hit them while they are on the ground and they die that way. But if you hit them and they automatically fall down dead, your in the clear. If you ever have any worries or doubts after a fight, just go into your stats and scroll down. It will tell you how many enemies youve killed. I would spam that like crazy to make sure

Ok. i noticed but i wasn't sure if it was a glitch. im not taking any chances because i am not playing on hard a second time. im trying to like this game but i just don't know.... im probably just gonna watch some youtube walkthroughs because i don't want to miss anything. im in this house or diner whatever... still and id like to move on.

Ok. i noticed but i wasn't sure if it was a glitch. im not taking any chances because i am not playing on hard a second time. im trying to like this game but i just don't know.... im probably just gonna watch some youtube walkthroughs because i don't want to miss anything. im in this house or diner whatever... still. and id like to move on.

yea once im done with this play through im going to make some speed run videos. it should only take about 2-3 hrs to complete a play through, even less if your using a guide

yea once im done with this play through im going to make some speed run videos. it should only take about 2-3 hrs to complete a play through, even less if your using a guide

Im currently using your roadmap, are guns necessary? can i go through the game without them? and thirdly are you making an achievement guide to go with your roadmap?.

Nevermind ignore that last question, i just realized that Tyger7 put one up YAY!!!

Edited by Annalie

Im currently using your roadmap, are guns necessary? can i go through the game without them? and thirdly are you making an achievement guide to go with your roadmap?.

No if your on your first play through you shouldnt use any guns on normal baddies. I would pick up a gun for the bogeyman fights, but other than that I never used a gun (unless I was going for that achievement)

Tyger has made the achievement guide for the game (hes much better at that than I ever would be) and also an alternative road map.

Some people say theyve done it but I personally have tried on several occasions and havnt been able to do it, since when there on the ground the vault doesnt open unless there dead, so if you get lucky and kill every monster before it hits the ground then yes I guess you could do it, but like I said, ive tried maybe 5 times and couldnt do it

Hmmm, I think I'm doing your Road Map then of first play on Hard/Hard Difficulty and do killing on Easy.

Hmmm, I think I'm doing your Road Map then of first play on Hard/Hard Difficulty and do killing on Easy.

I just find it easier to do it hard/hard first and do a speed run because you run into way less enemies skipping side quests and you only do main story puzzles which I pretty much have all the codes for in the guide, so its a breeze. Even though I have most of the puzzles up, some of the side quest ones are simply trial and error, so Id rather do the least amount of puzzles on the hardest difficulty. But Tygers method will also suit people well. It just depends on your play style

I just find it easier to do it hard/hard first and do a speed run because you run into way less enemies skipping side quests and you only do main story puzzles which I pretty much have all the codes for in the guide, so its a breeze. Even though I have most of the puzzles up, some of the side quest ones are simply trial and error, so Id rather do the least amount of puzzles on the hardest difficulty. But Tygers method will also suit people well. It just depends on your play style

I definitely agree with you. Me, I'm one of those idiots that plays like five games at a time, so anything I can do to make things easier and quicker I am ALL about.

I was just worried about Tyger saying how the enemies can get back up on Hard and make things rough on you, but it can't be any worse than Homecoming on Hard was.

I definitely agree with you. Me, I'm one of those idiots that plays like five games at a time, so anything I can do to make things easier and quicker I am ALL about.

I was just worried about Tyger saying how the enemies can get back up on Hard and make things rough on you, but it can't be any worse than Homecoming on Hard was.

Yea they definitely get back up half the time, but Im usually running away from them anyways. The only part that you should have a problem with them getting back up and it actually affecting you is during the last area. But like I said, it really all depends on the person playing the game. While I personally had very little problems with enemies on hard, the next person might have way more trouble. Different person different game, you know? But hes definitely right though, if your fighting a bunch and if some of them get up, it could turn bad

As for Homecoming, if you beat the game and got a certain ending, you could just run through the game on hard with that special gun that one-shots everything :) I cant imagine playing on hard without it lol

I cant seem to find the Employee Review in the Centennial Building. Guide says between books in the vault but theres nothing in the room to interact with. Is there a certain spot I'm supposed to look?

after you open up that safe with the 3 roman numerals, go into the back office and it will be in the bookshelf in the back right corner

Soooo on my second run i was gonna ask if i do hard difficulty... Can i also do hard puzzle diff at same time? That would be a total of 200 ach pts there... And if i do digging up past thats 5... When i end the game i should have gotten a total of 275 ach pts?? Correct me if i'm wrong. Just wanna make sure cuz ima breeze through this again tomorrow morning. Thanks!

for the part after you light the chandelier with the 6 blue candles + lighter, the bell puzzle's answer (on hard mode) is: triangle triangle circle squareflame triangle (or if you have the bells from left to right 1-2-3, it would be 1-1-2-3-1

you can save yourself some time by just opening the stage curtains, going behind them and ignoring the chandelier part altogether if you know this

In the overlook Pen... there is a safe in the guard tower near the beginning of the level when you get your flashlight.. what's the code

thanks

The code is your prisoner I.D. :)

Thanks to FLIPADELPHIIA for the nice guides!

There is a missing Mystery that is not on this list. Confirmed that the achievement WILL pop whether you find it or not. Here is an update:

Handwritten Note - Overlook Penitentiary - Appears on level A4, near the Northwest stairwell

Psychological Evaluation (Overlook) - Overlook Penitentiary - In the A2 level of the guard tower, on the desk near the safe

Rick Letter (1) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the east edge of level A2, behind a shelf unit

Rick Letter (2) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the southwest of level A3, sitting on a desk

Angry Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - Through a cell along the west edge of level A2, at the end of the leveled corridor

BOLO Alert - Overlook Penitentiary - On level A3, in a drawer in the security room

Magazine Article - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a checkout room locker

Suicide Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a cell on the south side of the main hall

Rick Letter (3) - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a small room north of the workshops

I can confirm that too, you need 53 mysteries to get the chivoo, seems like folks in varta forgot to collect 1 of their own mysteries :D