Worst Blue Ribbon Challenge?

kiedis1984

What's your least favourite challenge?

I've nearly had it with Duke and Dimwitt Wave 10, it's the last one I need on the arena. The RPG guys keep firing at each other which results in a fail because of inflicted RPG damage; I played it today and failed the Ribbon Challenge instantly because the enemies we being attacked by Crows... I just spawned into the maps and there were crows everywhere! I didn't even use Murder of Crows in the last wave!!! My. jaw. droped!

Oh well, guess I'll spend another 10 minutes clearing out the first nine waves again!?!

I don't hate this DLC, but it does have some serious issues.

• 2 months later...

Had not played this for a long time and just recently started again. Nothing is very hard (when fully powered) if the AI just wasn't absolutely garbage. I hate the AI with a passion now. I have failed so many rounds because of "Friendly Fire" or "Free fall" that happen for no reason whatsoever. It is not even that rare for enemies to kill themselves when I've never seen them at all.

Not being able to pick waves really breaks this mode when stuff like this happens so often.

I like the combat but this is just sad. Give me a fair challenge or get the mechanics nailed down. Hate when stuff like this makes it hard and not the challenge in itself. :mad:

So to chime in with this thread. All of the waves that makes you kill something first or in a certain way are the worst. To much margin for the AI to kill itself.

• 4 months later...

I am currently playing my way through the DLC trying to beat all of OPS Zeal and Duke & Dimwit before continuing to Raven's Dome and Emporia.

The hardest of OPS Zeal is definitely the "Kill each enemy with a different vigor" or whatever (wave 15). This may have been easy for some but as someone who just has no natural skill at video games it's rather obnoxious. I have all the other ribbons in OPS Zeal but I can't seem to get the last one.

Currently I am playing Duke & Dimwit after getting tired of fighting through 14 waves just to get to the one I want.

In Duke & Dimwit I think I got most frustrated with the "kill the handyman with the tesla coil" one but I'm sure if I play through the rest of it and beef my health up more it won't be such a pain. Also "kill 2 enemies with a possessed patriot" because by the time the patriot turns around to shoot at the other enemies the possession has worn off. REALLY annoying.

• 3 months later...

Finally got this beat! :woop:

Overall, lets just say I'm not a fan of this DLC, so I think all of the challenges were pretty rubbish...

The one that really caused me grief was Raven's Dome 14 - kill each enemy with the same weapon-type it wields. The RPG guys just shredded me while I was trying to work out that the others were carrying. After a couple of goes I got it with plentiful use of Return to Sender!

Decoy challenge on Emporia Arcade. Raven's Dome Decoy challenge was easy with youtube videos...but those Handymen always act differently for everyone unlike the snipers and Patriots on Raven's Dome.

This one glitched on me, I reduced both Handymen to like 1 HP and as I was looking for the decoy, 1 of them died randomly (friendly fire), the other one attempted to smash me or something a died after hitting a mine or something.

Blue ribbon challenge achieved, dafuq.

This one glitched on me, I reduced both Handymen to like 1 HP and as I was looking for the decoy, 1 of them died randomly (friendly fire), the other one attempted to smash me or something a died after hitting a mine or something.

Blue ribbon challenge achieved, dafuq.

That's the nice thing about this DLC. I remember sometimes something would go utterly wrong on a map, but I would get the Blue Ribbon anyways, LOL. I wish it happened more frequently though…especially on that Handyman one :p

My favorite is when some of the enemies on Wave 14 of Emporia Arcade began jumping off the building and committing suicide, and it didn't negate my progress. Only made things easier :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...