How has playing the BETA affected you view on BF3?

welsh dragon888

After the beta i am...  

166 members have voted

1. 1. After the beta i am...

• Massively excited for battlefield 3!
    • looking forward to battlefield 3, but i have my worries.
    • going to wait for it to drop in price.
    • canceling my pre order and/or wont be purchasing battlefield 3.
    • never planned on getting battlefield 3 was just checking it out.

I am actually enjoying the BETA, sure there are a few glitches here and there, the other day the sky would flash green every so often and i had some trouble killing one player who appeared to be having an onscreen fit but overall it is an enjoyable experience.

As for the final product, I think DICE have taken on board the comments made by most people and will be looking to make the final game even better, of course as mentioned before, none of that will matter if EA can't sort out the server issues, i was so determined last night to play a game that i actually sat staring at a black screen for six minutes only to have the screen finally appear but unable to move with a message saying, "waiting for more players" despite the fact both sides were full and i could see all the gamertags of my team on screen?????

Long story short, i will still pick this up release day.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes exactly people saying they are going to cancel their pre-order. Just a bunch of children begging their parents to buy them MW2.5 I for one am having a blast! It's a beta people! "a quality-control technique in which hardware or software is subjected to trial in the environment for which it was designed, usually after debugging by the manufacturer and immediately prior to marketing."

The company wants to make money and the developers want us to enjoy and recommend their product. I am not worried as I know that one map is not the final product of the game, but a very small part of the grand scheme. Can't wait to tackel the SP then hop online October 25th! Add me :D

As an extreme fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Rank 50, all achievements, etc.) I can sadly say that this beta was an extreme disappointment. It felt relatively sloppy and played more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I was definitely going to get this game, but now, I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting for the reviews to satisfy my purchase. Hopefully they just gave us a bad multiplayer map and will fix the bugs, glitches, and graphic errors in the few weeks they have left.

So then I'm guessing that wanted a "useless brick with a green light on it?" Is that why you have an xbox or is it because you couldn't afford a PS3?

Haha I have a ps3 too and it's a goddamned black brick with a smaller green light on it. And my computer it's useless too, don't even get me started on my oven and toaster. TRASH, ALL TRASH.

Don't get me wrong, I love my xbox, we get on fine. I just don't expect too much from it. So I'm rarely disappointed.

As an extreme fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Rank 50, all achievements, etc.) I can sadly say that this beta was an extreme disappointment. It felt relatively sloppy and played more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I was definitely going to get this game, but now, I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting for the reviews to satisfy my purchase. Hopefully they just gave us a bad multiplayer map and will fix the bugs, glitches, and graphic errors in the few weeks they have left.

So you're giving up a free expansion pack to wait for reviews that usually aren't very accurate anyway :(

To each his own, but I definitely can't agree on that one

So you're giving up a free expansion pack to wait for reviews that usually aren't very accurate anyway :(

The free DLC is the reason why I'm still pre-ordering BF3. I am certainly less excited for this game now than I was before the beta, but I am still optimistic the final product will be much better than the beta.

It's a beta running from old code. It will be a bit different in the retail copy. Also, you do know that the name "Bad Company" isn't in this title right? This isn't Bad Company 3. It's Battlefield 3.

So to those complaining about he visuals, man the fuck up and buy a PC then. You are using the wrong platform if you expect to be treated with the smoothes running visuals, the best content and community.

I think you've got it wrong on the community part. I play PC and Xbox games, and Xbox has a vastly better community due to the universal implementation of headsets.

But how many people actually use them? I'd say less than half, in my experience.

Yeah, thank god for the in-game chat from the soldiers telling you they've spotted a sniper etc, only time ive heard someone use a headset is to scream down it for all the match. Be awesome if there was a full team using communication, never experienced it though.

If all I knew about BF3 was what I saw in the demo, I'd think the game was garbage and I would not be buying it. And I'm not even talking about the all the bugs, some of which were near game-breaking -- even if there were no bugs whatsoever, Rush + constricted map + no vehicles = not something I want to play.

Xbox has a vastly better community due to the universal implementation of headsets.

But how many people actually use them? I'd say less than half, in my experience.

I've found that frequency of mic usage as well as age range of the speaker depends on the game and gametype. Lot more younger kids on the mics in CoD's TDM, Domination, and Ground War. Less mic usage in SnD and usually more mature kids/people.

In BF games, I've found that people tend to use their mics less. And if they do plug it in, they tend not to talk unless someone else pipes up. And if they do talk, they tend to be more mature (by "mature," I don't necessarily mean old; I mean not the whiney, play rap in the background, "mom where's my sandwich" type).

I am floating somewhere between Going to wait for it to drop in price and Canceling my pre-order or won't be purchasing BF3... This "beta" a month before release still feels like an alpha and has too many problems for me. If some things start getting fixed DURING the beta I might change my mind.

They used old code for the beta...They mostly just wanted to test out their new servers.

Gotta say I have lost almost all excitement for this game, it looks like it is going to be pretty much the same crappy MP as Medal of Honor, which I had hoped was a fluke from developers with so much potential.

Buggy as hell (oh, yay, another spawn kill by some guy up in the clouds or crawling around under the ground or some crap. Oh, yay, I can't aim down the sight anymore., etc.)

Class system has been ruined. Instead of well-defined classes forces you to adapt to weaknesses and work as a team, you now have a bunch of snipers and a bunch of tards running off alone because everyone can just pick the same strongest weapons. Same thing that made MoH suck. No more worrying about what class to pick and how it might impact the battlefield.

Unnecessary upgrade system. Do we really need all this crap? It was tedious enough in CoD, but now it has infected BF too? I don't need tac lights on my guns, or 5 different scopes, or fancy custom barrels. Keep it simple, keep it balanced. Even years later a new player can jump into BF2 and the only thing separating him from anyone else is pure skill. Now you not only have to worry about skill differences, but hey, now you couldn't compete anyway because you have some awful pea-shooter with no upgrades and the guy shooting at you from across the map has some gun twice as powerful with 4x zoom and a blinding flashlight and god knows what else. Include some unlockable, balanced guns, sure, but don't make playing the game longer any more of an advantage than it already is.

No BF "feel". Where is the commander? Where is the UAV and artillery and support drops and weapon emplacements? These things are what set BF apart. I understand the Bad Company series moving away from it a bit to carve out their own niche, but BF3 just dropped the concept entirely, apparently. The only distinguishing features now are vehicles and larger lobbies, but with EA's crappy server management lately I'm not even sure if those are going to be good things. And on top of it now we will probably have to deal with TDM being the only populated game type, like it was in MoH.

Low health / overpowered weapons. Dying the second you spawn from a double tap by an AK from across the map is bullshit. Dying from 1 shot from a sniper rifle in the leg is bullshit. Dying the second you poke your head out of cover to actually, you know, play the game and go for objectives because the entirely enemy team is just a bunch of snipers spawn-camping you is bullshit. Squad spawning helps, but not if your squad leader can't ever move out of the deployment zone or if he is a sniper sitting on a rock ten miles away from the objectives.

Sigh. At least there aren't any killstreaks. Yet...

Would be nice if they actually considered Australians as there seems to be no decent servers nearby and sofar every game has had me teleporting back to my spawn every time a try and move while everyone else is running around in circles. BC2 was great but this has been unplayable.

I will be buying the game but if its laggy im taking it back and will continue playing Halo.

Would be nice if they actually considered Australians as there seems to be no decent servers nearby and sofar every game has had me teleporting back to my spawn every time a try and move while everyone else is running around in circles. BC2 was great but this has been unplayable.

I will be buying the game but if its laggy im taking it back and will continue playing Halo.

Honestly? I'm Australian too and i have been quite impressed by the connections, i was expecting something much worst. Sure the first few days were bad, but that was due to the servers being overloaded and thus all fucked. Ever since then i have had essentially no issues.

Do you usually have lag issues?