A brilliant but unfortunate game.

Venomized

This game use to be one of my favorite games but it is dead now. If not dead, it soon will be. I wish the developers put more effort into the game and updated it. They really screwed a good game over. If they didnt make stupid choices in the beginning and didnt go bankrupt, a lot more people would play this game. I would give this game a 9/10 for gameplay, 7/10 for graphics, 9/10 for achievement difficultly and a 9/10 for how fun it is to go for the achievements. So in all, I think this game is a 9/10 but it is not worth to play anymore unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I popped this game in after 1 year of not playing, thinking "What the hell do I got to lose?". Its still just as awesome and fun. Probably the most unappreciated game on the 360...

The bad part is that its only online, hence sub-par game reviews, and the graphics do suck quite hard... So many people are missing out..

• 3 months later...

In my honest opinion, I think shadowrun is the greatest online game ever invented... Of course, if it had 3 map packs *cough* halo 3 *cough* it could have been MUCH more popular which could have lead to Fasa Studios not going bankrupt which would mean sequels/more maps/updates/etc.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This game use to be one of my favorite games but it is dead now. If not dead, it soon will be. I wish the developers put more effort into the game and updated it. They really screwed a good game over. If they didnt make stupid choices in the beginning and didnt go bankrupt, a lot more people would play this game. I would give this game a 9/10 for gameplay, 7/10 for graphics, 9/10 for achievement difficultly and a 9/10 for how fun it is to go for the achievements. So in all, I think this game is a 9/10 but it is not worth to play anymore unfortunately.

That's like saying if someone got hit by a speeding car it's their fault, because they decided to go for a walk.

agreed, i traded it in for that fact alone, the developers screwed a good game over, but it wasn't as good as the original anyway.

In a perfect world, Shadowrun would be more popular than the likes of Halo and CoD. It is arguably the better game. Tbh though, I kind of like how it has a small (ish) tight-knit community. Every game I enter, there is a player I've seen before. People gain reputations, whether it be in a positive light, or a negative light (Minion Preacher/Minotaur's Eye anyone?).

Fasa did an excellent job with the game. I don't see how you can put them down. Gameplay is far more important than graphics. Saying that, the graphics really aren't that bad. Sure the textures could be better, but it doesn't impact on the gaming experience imo.

Shadowrun will not die anytime soon, fact.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I still love this game. It was one of the first games I bought for my Xbox 360 and I've had it for roughly three and a half years. I still play sometimes when I'm in the mood. I wish there would be a second one or something to continue it.

• 1 month later...

Another thing to note that was great about shadowrun is how the framerate was very good at all times, even in the most chaotic moments.

Seriously though... the best times I've had in gaming in the past 5 years was Shadowruns opening few months and playing Halo3 legendary on release night with 3 friends.

Thats saying something...

I hope someone out there reads these threads about shadowrun and appreciates this amazing underrated game