Caution about 1.2 Patch (See inside)

Panznerr

EnteringtheCosmos: Never played Morrowind. Played the hell out of Oblivion though.

Just updated my first post guys with the unofficial bug report listing on Bethesda Blog.

Edit: Sorry that was for the PS3 Bug report Listing. So I removed it from the links on the first post but if anyone wants to see the bug listing for the PS3 1.2 patch anyway here is the link still.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1296458-the-unofficall-bug-list-post-102/

Edited by Panznerr

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, it's a shame I don't like offline achievements so I'll have to put Skyrim on hold. Unfortunately.

It reminded me of the time I camped Bethesda's forum for around 2 months during the release of Fallout:New Vegas awaiting the bug fixes before I started playing. I'll be honest though in the 32 hours of Skyrim I've played with 1.1 installed and on my HDD, I've noticed nothing wrong. The textures seemed fine, and I've had one lockup.

I suppose I'll get back on to Dragon Age Origins for my RPG fix for now.

Yeah basically there has been reports of the ps3 bugs popping up in the xbox 360 version. Namely some problems with Loading, Game Crashing, Dragons, Resistances don't work whatsoever.

Meaning conjured antronachs can be killed by their element now. Also all enemies have no magic resistance either. There has been reports of Ancient Dragons are OHKOing people with 570+ hps cause they have no resistance Or some have gotten 2 shotted by dragons.

Granted I don't use resistances at low levels but at higher levels it does matter. Makes me wonder if my Shield Block that reduces element damage would still work under this patch?

Edited by Panznerr

lol i was so pissed off when i woke up this morning. I tried loading up the game offline even without knowing about these issues (cause lets face it, everyone knows never to dl a post day 1 patch from Bethesda). Turns out last night i had cleared my cache to fix a problem with another game, so i lost 1.1 and cant even play offline... gf 350 hours of game time...

if i wasnt so anal about having my achievements timestamped online (still pisses me off my 1st few I ever got are not timestamped) I would just not update my game

Guess I will have to wait until an update

Why if PS3 players were having problems did they not hold the Xbox 360 patch or at least check if the same issues were popping up there

Maybe this is Bethesdas way of telling everyone they need a break from skyrim

Guess I will go play some Halo CE or Zelda. Shame since I was insanely enjoying myself

There has been reports of Ancient Dragons are OHKOing people with 570+ hps cause they have no resistance Or some have gotten 2 shotted by dragons.

I'm not quite sure what people are complaining about with regards to this point. My archer has about 550 health and he doesn't get taken down by ancient dragons. He's level 58 and I played for about an hour this morning after updating the patch and have yet to run into any real problems with resists. They hit harder but by no means do they demolish you to the point of being considered game breaking.

Also, does this mean that werewolves can contract vampirism or vice versa?

I'm not quite sure what people are complaining about with regards to this point. My archer has about 550 health and he doesn't get taken down by ancient dragons. He's level 58 and I played for about an hour this morning after updating the patch and have yet to run into any real problems with resists. They hit harder but by no means do they demolish you to the point of being considered game breaking.

Also, does this mean that werewolves can contract vampirism or vice versa?

Not quite sure. Just relaying the info that has been posted on Gamefaqs and Bethesda. Some could be exaggerating the patch. Some might just be making some of the crap up as they always do when PS3 releases a firmware update. But I think everyone knows bethesda's track record with patches. To wait for a confirmed bug list of the patch if any. Not stopping you guys from downloading the patch. Just thought I would warn you guys a lot of activity has been popping up on the patch.

Edit: Since you have the patch try summoning a flame antonrach and cast a fire spell at it. If it resists then your resistance flags are still checked. If it takes damage then you know your resistance flags in the game were damaged by the patch.

Edited by Panznerr

if i wasnt so anal about having my achievements timestamped online (still pisses me off my 1st few I ever got are not timestamped) I would just not update my game

Guess I will have to wait until an update

Why if PS3 players were having problems did they not hold the Xbox 360 patch or at least check if the same issues were popping up there

Maybe this is Bethesdas way of telling everyone they need a break from skyrim

Guess I will go play some Halo CE or Zelda. Shame since I was insanely enjoying myself

Its really one of those "a case of the right hand not talking to the left hand" issues. While Bethesda may do its own publishing, they are still a separate entity from the studio. The studio makes the patch, but the publisher sets deadlines and wants everything done on time regardless of any issues with it. It takes 3 weeks for Microsoft certification anyways, so this patch was finished and sent to Microsoft a few days before the game even released. With the game not even being live yet, they wouldnt have known about any of the 1.1 patch issues, and so couldnt anticipate that adding more information to the game could screw it up even more.

looks like its time to get stuck into the new assassins creed i still have wrapped here at the moment then... got the patch as thought was a good idea before reading this, not actually played past where I saved last night so think I may just leave it there till the next one... may have a bash tonight and see if I experience any issues, had a few minor ones before but nothing major really

:o, should i not accept this update? since skryim can be played offline with no problem, is it a big deal? i mean does this patch hurt more than help?

i just have a high elf who mainly uses the bow, also i utilize her healing ability with a dagger in the other hand usually. magic resistance i dont use other than the necklace i have (20% magic resistance). it seems kind of weird they wouldnt test this patch first?

Since disease resistance is supposedly gone now too I guess you could become a vampire/werewolf hybrid right? Might be a fun experiment if someone has time.

Also, the rumor on UESP is that the patch has since been pulled. Any truth to this?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Patch

Edited by Method

:o, should i not accept this update? since skryim can be played offline with no problem, is it a big deal? i mean does this patch hurt more than help?

i just have a high elf who mainly uses the bow, also i utilize her healing ability with a dagger in the other hand usually. magic resistance i dont use other than the necklace i have (20% magic resistance). it seems kind of weird they wouldnt test this patch first?

personally i've yet to see a difference. But then again i'm high enough level anyways that the lack of resistance doesnt mean anything. If anything it just makes it even easier for me to kill stuff since they dont have resistance as well. as for the other issues, i've yet to come accross them.

As for testing, very few companies beta test offline games. More testing is done by the players in the first day after release than the studio could ever hope to do in the entire development cycle, so its easier to let the players report problems, then patch it. As i was saying in an earlier post, part of the problem is Microsofts certification process, it takes 3 weeks for them to authorize a patch once they receive it. In this case, that means this patch was written and sent in before the game was even released, meaning they had little to no info from the players to rely on when they were writing the patch. Bethesda likely had no idea this patch would be an issue, until the patch went live on PS3 and those guys reported the problems.

Since disease resistance is supposedly gone now too I guess you could become a vampire/werewolf hybrid right? Might be a fun experiment if someone has time.

Also, the rumor on UESP is that the patch has since been pulled. Any truth to this?

I just dl'ed it not even half an hour ago.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Patch

I can check later see if it prompts for an update. Will decline of course

It takes 3 weeks for Microsoft certification anyways

Though I am quite sure it's less time than that, I still wonder what the hell MS certifies if the game is buggier than before? Okay, I understand they are probably not _looking_ for gameplay related issues, but noone at MS realizes strange things like this and asks Bethesda the obvious 'Uhm.. guys.. are you sure about this?' question..?

So what I am wondering if you can be poisoned being a Vampire, could you now becomes a Vampire while still being a Werewolf? I mean the only reason you could not become both before was because with the blood of the wolf you are immune to disease and Vampirism is a disease...just random logic thought

Edit: I just saw Method beat me to it...great minds think alike. But it would be nice to know it is it plausible.

Edited by kornromeo85
written in line

Though I am quite sure it's less time than that, I still wonder what the hell MS certifies if the game is buggier than before? Okay, I understand they are probably not _looking_ for gameplay related issues, but noone at MS realizes strange things like this and asks Bethesda the obvious 'Uhm.. guys.. are you sure about this?' question..?

Every time me or someone i know talks to Microsoft about it they say its a 3 week period of stringent testing to make sure the patch follows their specifications. All they care about is whether or not the patch will crash XBL, they don't actually test the patch in-game.

Someone on GameFAQs posted a good tutorial of how to remove 1.2 and still get 1.1 back for your saves- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61202004

Now, my question there was (posted it down a bit on that thread with the elaboration on my question), can doing this result in getting hit with the banhammer for tampering? :confused: