Worst Game Ever

ryan_hunt17

I don't usually spend time posting negative rants about games, and I'm not trying to be a troll, but this game just made me so angry that I had to vent about it. It is, without exaggeration, the worst video game I have ever played.

Incredibly frustrating: Whether it's the long stretches of wall-running without any place to stand, the unresponsive controls, or the bosses that inexplicably block ten of your attacks in a row, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream and throw my controller through the TV screen.

Piss poor design: They couldn't have added a Load option on the pause menu? Seriously? I shouldn't have to quit to the main menu in order to load a previous save. And while we're on the subject of saves, why do they load you back at a point that happened a minute before you saved your game? Why give me the option of saving where I want if you're going to put me somewhere else upon loading?

Repetitive, repetitive: Climb the wall, fight the boss, cure the land, collect the seeds. Kinda fun, right? Now do it 24 more times and see how much fun you're having. Answer: little to none.

I'm sure I could go on. I understand that the obvious solution to my problem is "just don't play it." But that's not an option. I'm an achievement whore and I need to finish it off. And the whole thing is made even worse by the fact that they added an extra 250 gamerscore with the DLC; the DLC that I had to pay for!

Anyone else get this angry or am I just being completely irrational?

Also, can you go back and resubmit your rating for a game? I scored this at 70% after playing for a short time, but I'd really love to knock it down about fifty pegs.

This game is very repetitive

Clicking on this spoiler may give away the game-play for the entire game

[spoiler=sarcasm]This game is very repetitive

Now see, I could've just said that once.

You forgot to mention the camera angles/controls

Edited by Lympathia

Well I'm a huge Prince of Persia fan. Where many might not like something I will just for the sake of it being Prince of Persia. But trust me this game is by far from the 'worst game in the world'. Come on, I don't know what you are so frustrated about. It's different than the other PoP games, which is a plus, not a negative. Graphics aren't horrible, sure they could have done better with the few glitches that it has but other than that, I really enjoyed this game. I'm not a gamer that enjoys replay value, but I've played this game more than once because I enjoy the music and atmosphere. Get a grip and go downplay a game that deserves it.

I know what you mean. I wouldn't say it was the worst game ever I actually liked the artwork. I did have a similar experience. I played it on gamefly and beat it in like a week. That whole week I was bitching about how much this game sucked and told all my friends not to play it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The wall running... it made me give up on this game. I fought the first area and had to collect 40 seeds to move on. This is where I am stuck at. Every time I tried the wall running I fell. I'm sure I was saved 100 times before finally giving up. When the basic mode of transportation is so touchy that you are stuck in an area the game has issues.

I loved the look and the characters were really enjoyable. I think that's what frustrated me the most. I really wanted to play this game but simply could not move forward.

cant believe you guys. This is a platformer game, meaning that all you do is jump around collecting stuff. All of the Prince of Persia games have been masterpieces of platforming. If not the best then one of the best platformers at the time. PoP is no exception. It does wallruning jumping really well.

I wouldn't bash this game what you probably mean is that you do not enjoy platforming period.

The only time I had trouble with wallruning was when me and a friend tried to play this game after some heavy drinking at 3 in the morning. We couldn't figure it out lol We couldnt figure it out cause we tried to press jump button again once on the wall as in previous PoP games when all that was needed just jump there and let go :)

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed this game is horrible, for a platforming game to give no control over the main character is beyond stupid. You can't even point dude in a certain direction and jump.. everything is just automated, it feels like you have no control. The repetition is bad from the fighting to the actual way the game is laid out. Having to hold block and just wait and wait before you can actually hit a boss is terrible.. I could go on but I don't want to waste anymore time discussing this abomination of a game..

fightings is meh. personally I did not enjoy combat in any of the pop games, but most of this game is jumping around collecting orbs and the game does the platforming really well, yes its really easy to do basic stuff but you do need skill to proceed through the game.

The presentation in this game is wicked too opening line Faaaaraaaah (princess in the previous game) where did my donkey go in this sand storm I was laughing hard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The game's not THAT bad :)

Sure, it's got some flaws, but I've definetely been through worse. As a die hard Prince of Persia fan, I have to say I really liked it :)

The art design and graphical approach is freakin' more than meets the eye! An interactive painting

• 2 weeks later...

this was my first ever and only PoP game and i enjoyed it for the most part. sure i have an obscenly long list of minor things that annoyed me but on the whole it flows well and looks great.

when you say worst game ever i know it's not meant literally its just like when 99% of gamers say 'cod is the worst game ever' after playing it online for 5 mins, its just the most hyped games are the most dissapointing if they suck

however even so a modest game such as this untainted by multiplayer flaws doesnt deserve such a beating. i was probably annoyed more than anyone by its flaws but i can see through that and see at the very least its a half decent game.

I find this game to be an interesting change of pace from the original 3D PoP games. Certainly not the best in the series by any means, but enjoyable all the same. I'm not having any problem with controls for the most part and even the camera has behaved for me so far. My biggest complaint is just the lack of enemies to fight and the linearity of the levels. It'd be nice to have more than one path to take, but considering games like Enslaved (which was awesome) were even more linear than this, I can't really complain all that much. Not a game I'd want to go through more than a couple times, but definitely enjoyable while it lasted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am about to give this game a try so i don't know how i feel about it yet. I have always been a huge POP fan and i had a friend that played this game that is a fan as well and said that this is a very boring and repetative game. He said that he struggled to get through it. That has made me hesitate on picking it up but i found it today for 14 dollars and thought that i might be worth a try. Can't be the worst game i have played for the xbox.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...