"Thrill of the Chase" glitches?

Arsenic 17

Has anyone unlocked this yet. I have defeated way more than 10 runners and this has not unlocked. I did play the same level over many times (2-2) killing the same three runners. Maybe it has to be different runners...though this is unlikely as that is not how the rest of the game is counted.

EDIT..finally got this tonight without even trying. Go figure. I had attempted to get this three times. Each time defeating 12-16 runners with no achievement. I stopped trying to get it and was just messig around and it unlocked...go figure. This is definitely glithed at least a tad. It also was in speed run mode, which is what a few others to have reported working. I would recommend not using 2-2 to boost this. Try another level, as 2-2 story mode seems to not count.

Edited by Arsenic 17

I'm having the same problem with the 'Scream For Me' achievement. Sent many men flying down elevator shafts, still no achievement.

Well you have to make sure you are reaching a next checkpoint. I know you cant just knock a guy of the edge then die to kill him again. There is one level I am sure you know the one where you can knock four guys over the edge in a row. Just play that one a few times. Make sure at the end of the level, click "Next" and not "Menu". You can exit to menu when next level loads.

Level select does work, reaching a checkpoint should be enough but I always made sure I completed the level. I did all my runner defeats on the same runner, by repeating alevel and went back to the menu after completing the level each time.

That is off because I did the exact same thing...except I did a level with three runners in it...

Edit..finally got this tonight without even trying. Go figure. I had attempted to get this three times. Each time defeating 12-16 runners with no achievement. I stopped trying to get it and was just messig around and it unlocked...go figure. This is definitely glithed at least a tad.

Edited by Arsenic 17

I'm having the same issue trying to unlock 'Thrill of the chase', I've rinsed level 2-2 several times and have just about given up.

If it helps I also did the same level with no avail. It was not until I gave up, and was just playing level 3-2 (I think I was getting the scruffy graffiti) that it unlocked randomly. Maybe just the runners in 2-2 dont count.

Also it may have something to do with the direction the runners are running when you defeat them (away/towards the direction you need to go). I mostly took them down when they were travelling towards the direction I needed to go...I would jump over them then turn around and take them out as they were coming back. Also, another thing, when I unlocked the achievement I did a jump and roll into the runner, instead of a slide which I had done almost every other time. Maybe it is related to any of these coincidences. Just keep trying. Worst case save it for last, uninstall/reinstall, and hope for the best.

Well it finally unlocked, after giving up on it yesterday I thought I might give it another go today and at last it gave me credit for defeating ten runners. I decided to pick a different level this time and so I chose level 2-1 and after my second run the achievement unlocked. I think there's probably an issue with level 2-2 so I would perhaps recommend grinding it on this level, too bad there is only one runner though.

• 4 weeks later...
I've collected about 8-9 bags and the achievement for collecting 1 bag unlocked in game but hasnt synced to my 360 acc like the other achievements

This is just part of the ongoing issue with all WP7 games...where some achievements do not sync with Xbox.com. This is not specific to Mirror's Edge or the specific achievement you mention.

See THIS thread.

Edited by Arsenic 17