Official Bitching Thread

Ham Woopan

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS..I don't mind when enemies use Sneaky in multiplayer, but when your own team uses it surely they shouldn't appear as enemy/red to you? Really annoying when you're playing in Soft Lock and your forced to aim at one of your own teammates, shooting away like a retard wondering why the fucker isn't dying. This has got me killed so many times when the real enemy has caught me at the worst times..

I use ID cards now but before I did it was pretty easy to understand who's who. Either I would remember the names on which teams after a couple or minutes of playing or I would quickly look at the model and tell which faction they are. The only problem with Paranoia (the burst) is that you auto-aim onto your teammates. I know they're not enemies but if someone uses Paranoia and I'm surrounded by teammates my character acts like a Marine in Aliens.

Also I have a question, when you equip ID cards, does it work just for you or your entire team? I really hope it's the former or people playing by themselves are getting jipped.

I actually feel R* did a pretty good job of balancing. Most things have a counter and anyone doing something cheap can be countered.

I have to agree. And applaud them for adding so many ways to individualize your loadout. Sure some are unblanced - but the variety of maps, guns, burst, equipment, perks.. holy schmoley it's amazing the game works at all. Loving the variety

But since I must bitch, it would be the strength of the sniper (even in the wrist, foot) And lack of ability to posse up in game, or to kick / mute jack-wagons during a match.

Tbh though it was really fun for a while, until people started using perks.

We should have a private deathmatch. I don't use armor, urban camo, helmets, bursts, dual pistols, dual uzis, mini-30s, snipers, grenade launchers or RPGs.

Just a pistol and a fine (torn) suit.

Perhaps Bullet Time and Trigger Happy should stop draining the second you get killed.

I few times I've fired off a level 3 BT only to get murdermerked from behind instantly. Respawn, and it's ALL gone. WTF? It's not like it has a benefit for the team that lasts past my death ala Big Dog, Intuition, etc.

Perhaps respawning with Level 2 BT if you get put down less than a second into the burst would be nice rather than being gipped out of the whole thing.

I think some of the team-based bursts are OP.

For instance Paranoia level 1 effects the ENTIRE enemy team.

Just firing those off all the time would be good enough.

I find a few level 1 bursts to be preferable to their level 3 counterparts.

Trigger Happy level 1 is preferable to switching weapons in the middle of a game

Weapon Double Dealer level 3 is p. lame as most players are moving and their grenades won't be killing anyone. Much prefer stripping their attachments and nicking their ammo.

PARANOIA TIP: Your team will still be signified by slightly bigger markers on the mini-map and the enemy will be the smaller circles.

Level 47, almost there!:locked

Not sure if I'll be sticking around for the NYM Co-op at this point as it seems there's 3 more map packs coming first. Pffft.

Just played the Game on Hardcore (not NYMHC) in one Sitting, well got 5 Freezes(Xbox restart needed), about 10 Glitches that forced me to restart the Checkpoint(unable to move, shoot or anything stopping me to progress), fallen two Times trough the map while everything was ok, fallen once trough the Map where the World was empty suddenly and once because all Enemy vanished (probably because a Cutscreen was not triggered!).

And i watched some new Bugs never watched till now, which are...

Double and Triple Last Stands:

Last Stand starts, i kill the Dude ... instant Last Stand again, the same Guy killed before stands again there, i kill him again ... instant Last Stand again, the same guy stands again there, i kill him again - however it only used 1 Painkiller?!? This happened about 8 Times in total for all Chapters and mostly on small Rooms.

Godmode by getting hit by a opening Door:

While shooting out of a Windows a Door opens near me and kicks me into the Wall - after that i'm suddenly in Godmode (unlimited ammo, unlimited health,..) it lasted till the next Chapter was loaded.

Godmode by bugged Last Stand:

Last Stand starts, i shoot the Dude, Last Stand does not Stop i'm suddenly in Godmode (unlimited ammo, unlimited health,..) however Movement is slow and Cam movement limited.

Just got auto balanced again when my team shut out the opposing team in Gang Wars! Nice! I already got my achievement but I'm not going to be fucking dominated. I like how it didn't even tell me either, I thought someone used Paranoia so I didn't bother to shoot them until I got blasted in the back. Fuck auto balance, fuck auto balance, fuck auto balance. It's the stupidest thing in the world and I STILL can't believe why ANYONE would put it in.

I just noticed that Movements seems to be better on PS3 and the Scorebar is displayed in NYMHC between Chapters, on XBOX i have no Scorebar between Chapters and i seem to walk and run a lot slower than on PS3.

Also the Movements don't have this stuttering and Inputdelays on the PS3, could it be that the Problems lays on the 1080p Mode or the Xbox itself being to slow for the Game? Else they simply messed up the Xbox-Port somehow, it feels way better on a PS3 than on my XBOX to play, especially because there is almost no stuttering and delays between Input and Execution, like i notice on the Xbox.

I will try to lower the resolution to 720p, perhaps its a bit better then, if this doesn't help i want a fix for that, because its ok on PS3 so why not on Xbox?

I haven't been this pissed off playing multiplayer since War for Cybertron. So many bullshit kills and the lag is just awful. I have lost count of how many times I have been killed when I took cover with at least 50% health left. Your character handles like a fucking drunk guy, stumbling aimlessly about with no fucking motor skills. Pressing X to take cover works 75% of the time, the rest your guy just stands there while you get shot in the face. The game is inconsistent about what objects you can take cover behind or jump over. 75% of the time my guy rolls instead of climbing over the fucking wall right in front of him.

The spawning system is fucked in the head. Oh what's that? You died? Here, let me put you back in the game right in front of 3 enemy players with you facing away from them. Oh, you died again? I'm sorry, lets try respawning you on top of a live enemy grenade. Temporary spawn invincibility? What's that?

The weapons are a load of shit. I get killed with 1 second of leg/torso fire from dual uzis from half a map away while shooting guy in the fucking face with any of the assault rifles. The game keeps up with the tradition of rewarding the people that have been playing nonstop since release with - you guessed it - more powerful weapons to further dominate less experienced players. The lvl 40 sniper rifle is ridiculously overpowered. I got my hands on one at lvl 35 and during one stroke of luck killed about 4 guys in a row without breaking a sweat. Gee, I'd love to use that gun again. Oh wait, I can't for five more levels.

I broke my first controller last night playing this trash. We'll see if it beats the record of 2 broken controllers from War for Cybertron. I'm up to level 40 so far - 10 levels to go thank god. I don't know why I bought the season pass for this game. I guess I just have a blind love for Max Payne after playing the shit out of MP2 (one of my favorite games of all time). I hope the added achievements are easyish.

/rant

Edited by NeM2k2

@NeM2k2

Yeah, Rifles are shity in Multiplayer, i noticed this really fast as i hunted to get the Deathmatch Challenge Trophy, no Way with two Handed Weapons.

Use two M10 or two M972 or one M10 and one M972 if you don't have leveled up the Guns enough, then as soon you leveled up the Weapons make them lighter and add Ammo or Damage, works wonders.

I also used a SAF40 as two handed Weapon because it seemed good, its good but nothing compared to dual wield Weapons, in fact no two handed Weapon is better.

Especially in small Areas always take Dual Wield, yeah it suxx, but it seems its the way R* wants it.

Also look that you can run unlimited or at least normal and then optimize your Stuff for Health and fast Ammo Recharge and as soon you can more Ammo, more Damage, better Weight for the Weapon to add even more Stuff like this, forget all the Armors, they are useless anyway and makes you heavier so that you can't run and Heal fast enough, and it doesn't matter anyway what you wear, one Melee hit kills you anyway.

Because of the shity respawn you die anyway within seconds sometimes and if not there then a bit later, the average Lifetime is 1-18 Seconds in small Areas with many Peoples, so look that you can take out as much as possible in that Time.

Also loot as much Bodys as you can to get Adrenalin to use your Bursts and to get Money for better Weapons and other Stuff, but depending of the Map this mostly means you get killed if you even try it... lol

But hey its the pure Chaos anyway and often the Game simply freezes because too many Peoples are throwing Grenades at the same Time while 2-3 others shotdodge out of Windows at the same Time.

The Singleplayer was messy, the Multiplayer is Catastrophic.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Single Player for this game - great storyline and gameplay and delivery. The multiplayer on the other hand is in fact the worst I have ever played on any platform, ever, period. The 2 posts above me are spot on. I can not wait to finish multiplayer and never play it again. I can't even think of a game that is on the same level of awful for multiplayer to make a comparison. It is in a league of its own.

I never had a Game where Controls and Input are so messed up. I shot it reloads instead, i switch Weapons it throws Grenades instead, i loot Bodys it executes Burst instead, i want climb over it rolls instead, i melee someone just near me, it takes the Weapon on the Floor instead,..

I run forward and pull the Trigger without touching anything else, it suddenly lay down a Grenade just in front of me, sometimes this even seems to happen for the complete Team at once, the Game starts and the whole team seems to have layed down a Grenade just in front of them at the same Time, everyone dies just 1 Seconds after it started?!

And everything is inconsistent, i melee someone, i see the Animation, i see and hear that i hit them, i hear the one i hit scream - but i die?! I just reloaded my Weapon, someone comes, i aim and shot - the Weapon does not shot but reloads instead or i shot one Shot and then it reloads again - wtf??! The Sensitivity i have set is changed constantly, no matter what i set and save, its changed all the Time from alone, also every Weapon act differently with Sensitivity - perhaps it would be a better Idea to let us set the Sensitivity in the Presets so that we can set it individually for the Weapons we use in the Set, because else its useless this way! Also Kills are not counted, like i had 15 Kills i see two die from a Grenade (seen two Times 60 Kill pop up) i shot one more (see 60 Kill again) and i die because a second Dude shots me, after Respawn i still have 15 Kills, where are the 3 Kills i got?

And the Respawn is really broken, i spawn in middle of Teargasclouds, Grenades just exploding or in Bulletstorms and if this does not happen i spawn where someone is just behind me shooting me within Seconds, sometimes i don't even know what happened i just die before i actually was able to take Control or move.

Also i can exactly tell when the Game will freeze, it starts with Grenades not exploding i only hear the piep, piep but they all don't explode and Weapons starts to make no Damage any more and Sensitivity is suddenly messed up - shorty after the Game usually will freeze and i have to power off the Xbox.

Well, i have Rank 50 soon and i thank god that i not buyed the shity Season Pass or any DLC, as soon i got the last Achievements i delete the shit and will probably sell it, i even have a free Code for a DLC with it that i will not use!

The whole team laying down a grenade thing is a burst called weapon double dealer that came with the Local Justice DLC I think.

But you're pretty much spot on with everything else.

Hmm, if this is really because of a Burst, then its broken too in my eyes because it happens before everyone taking Control and what has doubledealing Weapons to do with the People itself? I mean i could understand if the Grenade does not work or explodes when i want throw them (never happened so far), but taking Control of what the Player and People do is something totally different.

And anyway if there are such Bursts that mess up with Inputs then i want be informed at least after else i simply consider what happens as another Bug.

Its like the Weapons reloading instead of shooting, i don't really know if this is a Burst or a Bug also i consider it as a Bug, i fell anyway it happens to often to be a Burst, but there is a Thing called "Manufacturer Guarantee" that should disable all such potential Effects, i will try it, if it still happens then i know its definitely a Bug.

Also i don't have any DLC anyway, but the Doubledealer thing is there but i can't use it till i'm Level 45 or so. Well, i will use the "Manufacturer Guarantee" now to see if this then never happens again.

Weapon Double Dealer has nothing to do with the DLC, it's the level 48 burst that's always been in the game.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I only noticed it after getting the DLC so I thought it was related.