Easy way to get the dreaded totem #40

redsales

This is the one inthe ice level where you call a bird from afar and it deposits a totem on an ice floe and you must jump across without dying to get it. Well, after about 20 jumps, it's easy to slip up once and start the whole thing over.

So, instead of what the guide suggests (mimicking the bird on land and then doing ALLL the jumps), get this totem early on, while the blizzard is still in effect and you are tracking the yeti. Wait until you are just before the hummock where the totem will be deposited and then, at that point, mimic the bird. I tried doing it from the hummock itself, but the camera didn't allow me to pick up the bird.

Mimic the bird from one of the lower ice floes about 2 or 3 jumps away (or even closer, as long as the camera lets you see the bird), and then you just have a few easy jumps for it.

The bonus is, if you do this while you are tracking the yeti, even if you happen to fall in, it will spawn you at the last yeti print you tracked, and you can mimic again for the relatively short attempt.

I don't know why the video guide suggested the hard way, but this one is confirmed. Enjoy the 1000G.

This is the one inthe ice level where you call a bird from afar and it deposits a totem on an ice floe and you must jump across without dying to get it. Well, after about 20 jumps, it's easy to slip up once and start the whole thing over.

So, instead of what the guide suggests (mimicking the bird on land and then doing ALLL the jumps), get this totem early on, while the blizzard is still in effect and you are tracking the yeti. Wait until you are just before the hummock where the totem will be deposited and then, at that point, mimic the bird. I tried doing it from the hummock itself, but the camera didn't allow me to pick up the bird.

Mimic the bird from one of the lower ice floes about 2 or 3 jumps away (or even closer, as long as the camera lets you see the bird), and then you just have a few easy jumps for it.

The bonus is, if you do this while you are tracking the yeti, even if you happen to fall in, it will spawn you at the last yeti print you tracked, and you can mimic again for the relatively short attempt.

I don't know why the video guide suggested the hard way, but this one is confirmed. Enjoy the 1000G.

Ah...you beat me to posting it! I used this exact method to get the Totem myself! Thanks for posting it for others to see that may not have figured it out after HOURS of falling in the damn ice! Ha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

fucking hell i just gave on on collecting this hound from hell numbr 40, its plain impossible jumping these ice blocks that dip in the water

is it possible to return to the point where the blizzard is still there?

so ive found its possible you can replay levels later during the final boss fight

Edited by raidenhardcore

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

wish i would of seen this post first.

reallly, you can go back to any level, pick up any totem not collected. but this one. really cmon bro. what kind of shit is that ?

edit:

if you fall in the water while you are trying to get the #40 totem & you get to the ice block where its suppose to be. just mimic the bird gain for it to come and drop the totem down.

if you do end up missing it the first time around and dont want to play the level again, you can jump the ice cubes from the end, where you meet sasquash in the game. its only about 6 ice cubes you have to jump.

Edited by MeonOner

• 1 year later...

Thats what I thought when I got to that point in the video guide, but it was too late already. Drove me nuts, as I kept on failing. Finally I managed to do it though (after struggling with the most stupid glitch again: jumping against an invisible wall, and hence not being able to reach a next platform... First dropping off a little bit of the platform and pressing :abut: then, solved that glitch for me. Ridiculous bug that can really make you scream at the screen at that part of the game)

Good to know, that it is possible to replay chapters. I'm not sure if it saved totem #40, as I turned off my xbox shortly after picking it up, because I had to leave the house ... Well, I'll find out tomorrow. Please, just don't make me replay this shit! :mad: