Yes You CAN Install To The Hard Drive AND Play Doom and Doom 2

Azrael008uk

This didn't work for me. After installing I tried to boot the games from the "My Games" section, my xbox said it couldn't boot them(Doom 1 & 2 do appear in the My Games section after installing BFG). When I tried to boot them from the game selection screen on the BFG disc with it installed, the game has a pop up that tells me that I have to uninstall to play Doom 1 & 2.

EDIT: Oh boy, this installing business seems to have screwed up my game a bit. I uninstalled it after discovering I couldn`t play Doom 1 & 2, and now when I load up BFG, the main menu and all options/any text shows up like this:

#str_swf_campaign

#str_swf_multiplayer

#str_swf_settings

#str_swf_credits

Instead of "Continue, New Game, or Load Game, I've got:

#str_swf_continue_game

#str_01866

#str_01867

The buttons at the bottom of the screen are labelled:

(A) #str_02187

(B) #str_00395

(X) #str_02315

(Y) #str_swf_storage device

What should I do? My save games have normal names, not worried about those though as I finished RoE last night.

RE EDIT:

Restarting my console fixed the codey gibberish, I'm just going to play the game uninstalled lol

Edited by EternalDamntion

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i just got the game and yes it works, you need to have the disc in and the 2 arcade games appear in your My Games section.

the games arent that fun tho, its very dated and the only achievments are basically "beat the entire game" so unless you're a diehard you'll probably get bored or frustrated

and playing the new Doom 3 isnt any better interms of todays games, its just like any other cheap FPS with lame, its almost exactly like the first Dead Space script, except with cheap graphics and gameplay lol, but its better than Duke Nukem Forever

Edited by eiVaL

i just got the game and yes it works, you need to have the disc in and the 2 arcade games appear in your My Games section.

the games arent that fun tho, its very dated and the only achievments are basically "beat the entire game" so unless you're a diehard you'll probably get bored or frustrated

and playing the new Doom 3 isnt any better interms of todays games, its just like any other cheap FPS with lame, its almost exactly like the first Dead Space script, except with cheap graphics and gameplay lol, but its better than Duke Nukem Forever

no matter what i'll come across as pretentious however,

We're on an achievement website, a website that helps people get achievements, let alone in the forums section where people find answers to problems on how to fix glitches, find exploits, find boost partners, or even simply boast about the hilarity that ensues while grinding for said achievements. so naturally we're possibly here for help beating doom I and II more readily or finding an exploit so we don't have to.

While the achievements aren't necessarily inventive doom I and II maps are arguably the most intelligently designed fps game genre maps of all time. Among other family members heretic, hexen, wolfenstein etc. now we have "nuketown".......graphics help with immersion but to say doom to doom 3 has cheap gameplay as compared to a horror game that is predictable to the millisecond that came out 3 years later is offensive sir, opinion or not. duke nukem's script itself, while "cheesy", is still better than the aforementioned survival horror game. D. nukem's gameplay however is a different matter comparatively.

ergo

I say press on oh sir of the achievement hunting variety and enjoy a moderately entertaining game with respectable high b rated gameplay and tension as well as a league of challenge for those that wish it. As well as a wonderful tacked on time portal to games that regale us with a period when bashing your head against walls could open doors