Title update

SSwalker

Anyone know when the title update comes out that will let you gain achievements in public?

I guess you mean in private matches? Anyway learn to use the search button. I hope they will keep it public just to stop the crying about it.

ACH - IE -VE -ME - NT

Why are there some many idiots in the world like Mag Chickennugget? If you don't have anything to add to the post, don't post. FYI there is no information on a date for the next title update. I was just asking if anybody had any guesses.

Anyone know when the title update comes out that will let you gain achievements in public?

Most likely along with the next DLC.

Why are there some many idiots in the world like Mag Chickennugget? If you don't have anything to add to the post, don't post. FYI there is no information on a date for the next title update. I was just asking if anybody had any guesses.

While I don't agree with his posting, this still is a public forum, not limited to just one opinion.

Personally , I just want the fucking surprise achievement fixed.

For the prize boxes, it would be nice for us to get all the skins instead of a bunch of low xp. If you play the game at all, the amount of xp you get from them don't do anything at all anyways.

For the update , sometime in June is what the concensus is.

I also would like the skins. I also hope the Surprise achievement is fixed. The only achievement I think they should keep is the FFA Boneyard 1 where you have to win 5 times. I mean the Survival Soldier 1 is already earned in private as that was how I got mine. Everybody who reads posts knows Booshka is available in private & so is the 100 kills with each locust. I do not see why people are moaning so much.

There is the one with the frag that could be a pain in the ass in public , the medic one that was definately super annoying... had to find terminal in public survival and let the bots kill us... but more often then not they blow us out with nades/tickers explosion and crap like that. And yeah the boneyard FFA thing too was annoying...

So its good they fix it really... i think its a first that they come back on there decision... not sure if its to apologies for having messed up with surprise or if they fixed surprise they had to fix the other ones...(maybe coding etc)

At Destro....the frag acheivement on Boneyard???.....,maybe you could use that thing in your head called a brain??? play Domination & when people obtain the circle chuck a nade, its so easy to do....as for people having better superior skills(worldeater) just practice a bit. I am nearer to 40 than 20 now & even I could get the 5 wins on Boneyard, start with a retro, go to the HOD a get lots of kills, it is not that hard...jeez, some people. Do not expect to win EVERY time but am sure you could get a win or 2 each week. All I want is the Surprise cheevo fixed. Keep them all public I say. If not do not buy the DLC. I want more public online cheevos. It makes me play against other people online. Playing against other people makes you better. Playing all bots is boring....

You think your so smart :rolleyes: ...

I am not a domination player, i play TDM, i pretty much hate every modes where you got to run left and right like jackass to captures objectives and risk getting killed during that thing. I hate it in COD, and don't like it more in GOW even tough GOW is a bit more forgivable and usually you don't die in one bullet.

I think i have under 10 games total played in domination, including events i HAD to do. I think i did the full circle of maps once for the achievement at release, realized it wasn't better than annex(actually more dumb ass running) and played again only in the apropriate events. So sticking a real player in TDM ain't that easy... you can be lucky and throw frags all over the place and eventually stuck somebody but well... in my case i was lucky that a bot was present and just got in cover not moving... easy shot.

But i think i have the ribbon like 4 time total or something like that... thats it(played with Stim for the major part tough before patch)

---------------------------------------------

As for the Boneyard FFA wins, i would had been ok with it if there was a playlist where it was Boneyard only, or at the very least Boneyard/Bloodrive (FFA on Map Packs) or something like that, but going the full cycle just to get 1 chance on a 7 maps cycle where there is 9 other persons in the game(if there no bots) so thecnically a 1 on 10 odds of winning... that is way too much.

They unbalanced the achievements pretty badly too, as the other one was PLAY 10 games on Bloodrive in TDM... It should had been the other way around... Win 10 games on TDM Bloodrive... and play 5 games of FFA on Boneyard.

In any case a lot of people don't play FFA, so just going there to play is actually something annoying, so having a bad setting like that where you have 1 chance to get a PROGRESS toward an achievement every 7 maps, not even knowing the cycle(as they don't go in a particular order, so can't say ill stay if its the map just before Boneyard) is way too much. I know i said i don't like Domination, and don't like FFA too, and yes more or less im a TDM player only(used to be a huge EXECUTION player, but they fucked it up badly in Judgment) so i look like a very restrain player but to that point i rather do Domination than FFA easily. I hate how the leaderboard is made in GOW for FFA. Most games, even BO2 gives you a win when you score the podium (1-2-3 places) but in GOW finish second... you loose. Thats way too harsh and i ain't having losses on my files, so that mode is a big no no to me. Sure i get losses because of bad teamates in TDM as well sometimes, but the odds are way better, and i usually play GOW with friends anyway... as for me it was always a team game and the odds to win are just way better when im playing with my buddies.

In any case, i know i know thats a wall of text some lazy people won't want to read, but that explain why i think its a good decision to make it obtainable in private(even if i personally already have the achievement, but had to use the long and boring method of going full cycle in public.

Jay C, thou hast unleashed the fury of Destro! Run and never look back!

Warning, brain overheat detected... all personal must evacuate immediately...

Cause : Simply reading a mere small text.

So basically you only buy magazine to look at the picture i guess... comic books are probably the only thing you ever read in your life... and even that must have been a great effort...

• 2 weeks later...

I am entitled to my honest opinion....my replies were genuine & honest. the frag tag on boneyard is easy if you play Domination, whether someone chooses to take my advice is up to them....I happen to get it on FFA but whatever....as for moaning about the achievement being public, its only 10 gamerscore....if you can not get it then tough s**t I suppose. Why should all achievements be just handed out.....I personally enjoy the challenge set by some of them. I also rarely play Domination but I wanted the domination cheevo so did the graft & now I go back to TDM & FFA(I actually thought I would not like it but I do sometimes & it has improved my skill). As for I dont play FFA because my stats has it down as a loss.....wow....that is even worse than complaining about achievements in public games. Games = fun... If you are not having fun....then don't play...simples, play something else.

If I played every game to get 1000 I would not have a life....if I enjoy a certain game more than others I may play it more. At the moment I am playing Assassins Creed III which to be fair I am not enjoying like 1 & 2 so I will complete the basic game then move on to something else.....

Edited by Jay C

My fun is to win, and have a positive record file. I don't play games here i am bad at cause i have no fun being bad in a game or being dead meat to my team...

For exemple im pretty good at DOA, 1500 win or aproximatively 1900 fights in quick match, and 87% winning % in rank on around 120 fights. I was also pretty good at MK games until the last one where i was decent but could had been better, yet i had a way positive file, not just as good as my dominance in MK Armageddon(ranked 4th world during a month) Yet i truly suck ass at Tekken or street fighter, so i rarely play those... i don't own SF but i do own a Tekken game and when i was waiting DOA5 i put it a few time, got some lucky win but i was playing like a noob button mashing what i could and was even ashamed of some of my wins... i knew i sucked and won by luck... I don't have any fun when this happen...

So for GOW its the same thing, i know im good, not the best but good, and i deserve a positive record file, and i do get it easily when playing TDM but in FFA since you get a loss for everything exept a first place, and the first game you enter is almost a loss guarenteed unlike TDM, really don't make me wanna play that crap.

And i aint a completionist at all, i don't have much retails completed, maybe 15 including arcade titles... but i have all 3 GOW and i plan on having this one as well because its GOW... i already did all the cheevos from the last pack exept the locust kills(bores me to death doing overrun privae and i rarely do overrun online) but did all the rest so i don't give a rat ass about the achievement being made public, BUT i think its a good thing they do cause they where so stupid from the get go...

Seem like they learned with the new pack as well....

Now i would like to know when the title update is coming, cause im getting a few boxes soon and im eager to open them, but i don't want shitty 1000 XP...

My fun is to win, and have a positive record file. I don't play games here i am bad at cause i have no fun being bad in a game or being dead meat to my team...

For exemple im pretty good at DOA, 1500 win or aproximatively 1900 fights in quick match, and 87% winning % in rank on around 120 fights. I was also pretty good at MK games until the last one where i was decent but could had been better, yet i had a way positive file, not just as good as my dominance in MK Armageddon(ranked 4th world during a month) Yet i truly suck ass at Tekken or street fighter, so i rarely play those... i don't own SF but i do own a Tekken game and when i was waiting DOA5 i put it a few time, got some lucky win but i was playing like a noob button mashing what i could and was even ashamed of some of my wins... i knew i sucked and won by luck... I don't have any fun when this happen...

So for GOW its the same thing, i know im good, not the best but good, and i deserve a positive record file, and i do get it easily when playing TDM but in FFA since you get a loss for everything exept a first place, and the first game you enter is almost a loss guarenteed unlike TDM, really don't make me wanna play that crap.

And i aint a completionist at all, i don't have much retails completed, maybe 15 including arcade titles... but i have all 3 GOW and i plan on having this one as well because its GOW... i already did all the cheevos from the last pack exept the locust kills(bores me to death doing overrun privae and i rarely do overrun online) but did all the rest so i don't give a rat ass about the achievement being made public, BUT i think its a good thing they do cause they where so stupid from the get go...

Seem like they learned with the new pack as well....

Now i would like to know when the title update is coming, cause im getting a few boxes soon and im eager to open them, but i don't want shitty 1000 XP...

Wow nothing like tooting your own horn or anything...fail! I think everyone on these threads knows your gripes about this achievements and how bad the MP has been messed up. First of all, no need to advocate for achievements being obtainable in private, it's going to happen. You get a hard on for this, good for you. Others don't, good for them.

Secondly, and I agree with Jay C on this (except for his comment on playing the game because there are public achievements, seriously just play the game or don't), who cares if you have a positive win ratio. Beyond you, no one gives a flying fuck.

By the way, I got the frag achievement in Boneyard by sheer luck, spammed two grenades in TDM and got lucky. Just wondering if it was you I blew up because I know how much of a problem it was for you. You know, because apparently half of your deaths were by frags. I'd say maybe 10% of my deaths were frags, maybe. So if you're as good as you say you are, then this shouldn't have been a problem for you. Personally I liked having my grenades filled up at ammo boxes, kept you on your toes. Or are you the camping type that so many people have come across? After I get the DLC achievements that I can I'm tossing this disc into the forest behind my house!

Is that nessary to quote an entire post that is JUST ABOVE YOURS really? Talk about waste of space, i wish they would put a rule about quoting like another place i post... Now people comes at me for posting long messages... where its all my writing and ideas, but they see no problems in putting back an entire post just above an answer? LOL

OK so yes im for achievement being made avalaible in private, so what? Most people are... And i got them before they where made in private anyway... Check my profile...

The MP has been screwed up yes, but at the same time it always take them a lot of time to fix there MP in every game... the only one that didn't need too much fixing was GOW3... because of the BETA, and thats why i think they should had made one for this. It was also the less bugged game in the first place. The major fix they had to made was the sawed-off wich was overpower, wich they did and the game was GREAT after that.

But GOW2... TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS at release... took them almost 6 months to have it fix. Even GOW1 that i praised a lot... at release it was dumb as shit, chainsaw vaccum, Jedi force frag tag(lol) from 2 feets away. So many glitches. Yet it was the first game so we where indulgent and they manage to fix most bugs that came from the game. Sadly they couldn't fix all user glitches but there i blame the bad player more than the compagny.

So its no surprise GOWJ was release with work in progress, its just that most people didn't expect that many changes for the worst after a very great GOW3... It was a huge let down... Yet they aknowledge there error and there trying to fix it the best they can. And it seem after 3 months the game will be patches the most they can and be very decent, in the possible way. Sure everybody would prefer locust in MP and downs, but the game is not made this way and we know it ain't gonna happen, but im sure they learned for next game... so as far as they could go with this one, they are going the distance. They removed the stim because everybody hated it and its concept, but it gave birth to another problem... frag abuse, wich they realized and are fixing now. So kudos to them for trying to fix the game as best as they can.

who cares if you have a positive win ratio. Beyond you, no one gives a flying fuck.

Lots of my friends care about there ratio and check others ratio, we always make fun of kids trash talking us because they lost and having a shitty K/D and W/L. Im sure we are not the only one in the world checking that. Is it world wide importance? LOL NO, but is it gamer important? Yeah... cause your K/D and W/L is more or less your "goal scored and assist" version of a gamer.

So if you're as good as you say you are, then this shouldn't have been a problem for you. Personally I liked having my grenades filled up at ammo boxes, kept you on your toes

Im good, never said i was unkillable. What i pointed is that 50% of my deaths came in many games from frags or frags repercussion, like a guy sending a frag and weaking me, and then he or his buddy would shoot a bullet and it would kill me, or engaging a gnasher duel but then as he is dying because he lost it, had the time to throw a frag and im too weak to roll out. Stuff like that. Its annoying plain and simple and kills the full of a GOW game... I even died a couple days ago of a nade rolling on the gound and sticking to my foot... i was like REALLY? Its bad enough when you get it by a random throw but that was just plain BS... Its like that thing i don't remember the name, where you complain on something and miss it once you experience worst. Like living in an apartement, where your neighbor is an ass or something bother you, only to go live in a much much worst place and then missing your old place...

Thats my reaction to nades in this game. Always hated the wall tags, always said it was shit and didn't had its place in GOW, but now that i experienced throw tags, i miss wall tag in a way... :(

are you the camping type that so many people have come across?

Depends what you mean by camping... You see there is nothing wrong as controlling an area of the map and holding it, thats basically call STRATEGY and controlling the map. Never understood people that just in the map like headless chickens... I did back then in QUAKE and UT because those where fast pace games and back then i didn't realize the people where mostly controlling the power ups(200 health, or berserk style) or the rocket launcher area and big guns... I was an uber noob those my first shooter, but once i realized how it worked, i became much better of a player. You don't win COD games by running in the middle of the map, everybody that has GREAT KD usually know the spawns and the good area to hold. GOW is no different and its about controlling the map as a team.

i am patiently waiting for the oppertunity to not rage while trying to get these achievements. I completely hate the multiplayer mainly because it seems to lag all the time for me, and everyone just eats my point blank shots. So, yup been checking everyday.

Jay C, thou hast unleashed the fury of Destro! Run and never look back!

Warning, brain overheat detected... all personal must evacuate immediately...

Cause : Simply reading a mere small text.

So basically you only buy magazine to look at the picture i guess... comic books are probably the only thing you ever read in your life... and even that must have been a great effort...

Um, what the hell does that mean? Is it something that only Quebecers or Russians understand? Who the fuck buys magazines anymore? Do they still exist?

Is that nessary to quote an entire post that is JUST ABOVE YOURS really? Talk about waste of space, i wish they would put a rule about quoting like another place i post... Now people comes at me for posting long messages... where its all my writing and ideas, but they see no problems in putting back an entire post just above an answer? LOL

LOL, you're saying someone else's post is a waste of space?! HA! Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. Wow.

They really should lower the character count from 10,000 to something like 500 or 1,000, but then you'd probably triple and quadruple post just to get in the same "ideas" in... ;)

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Ah....stats mean nothing in Gears really....I enjoy the game so I play it when I have time. My K/d is positive but my W/L is rather bad(TDM).....it does not mean i do badly it just means overall the other players on my team dont go positive. I do not trash talk them coz they did bad, if they are having fun...good for them. I also play players who have a high win ratio(3.0+) as they only play in squads or 3-5, some of them are rubbish. As stated above I like the public achievements as I find testing my skill against humans is better than bots(I improve). Of course I like to win....its human nature right. I am happy with whatever we have to do, if I get the cheevos...then great, if not....oh well, I like a mix between public & private & it looks like the new set for judgment is a nice mix of the 2 so were all be happy....