10,000 kill Achievement

I set it for co op territory and for an hour and usually get about 140-150 kills, but usually the base gets captured. Do I have to do the mission succesfully in order to get the kills I got to count for the 10,000 achievement? because it seems like ive gotten way over 10000 kills and I still havent received the acheivement.

I just got the acheivement. I knew I was really close to getting it. lol I just got a little worried for a second that all of the kills I got were for nothing because I never actually complete the mission succesfully.

Thanks for the timely response tho man. =D

ha ha yeah I hear that. Ok so I went to xbox live, chose a player match, and set it for co op territory. I set the time for 60 minutes. then for the gametype with in territory, set it for Respawns: Infinite, Enemy Density: Infinite, and Base Zones to Base. I usually do this on old town so that U can camp out in prone position on the top of the stairs. The rest is all killing! lol

Oh and U need not worry about if they capture your base. U still get the kills counted twards ur 10,000. I hope this will help ya, and if ya have anymore questions lemme know and Id be happy to help ya. =D

Ok... so do you have to get the kills in Xbox Live games? Because I have been choosing Local Play for a while and I swear I should be at 10,000 kills.

And does it count if I die in co-op territory? Like in a no respawn game.

EDIT: Is this some glitch? I just got 7400+ TODAY. And I remember 100% that I had gotten 2,000 kills a few days before. And before I even got those kills, I had gotten 500 headshots (all of my kills weren't headshots = at least 1,000 more kills).

That's basically 10,000 at least. Maybe I just need to keep killing more.. If I end up getting 10,000 today and no achievement, this game if out the window.

Note: I wrote all of my kills down, so it's definitely accurate.

yeah ur doin it right. U can definitly die on co op territory and U can alo lose the base too. U still get the kills counted tward ur 10000 kills. Just keep killing and youll get it. I was worried for a little bit when I was doin mine that my kills werent getting counted too.

Yeah, I've just been playing elimination matches. MY skilles aren't leet enough to get past 40 kills in territory matches anyway. They always get to the base while I'm reloading. I've tried going to kille them...them guys come behind me and kill me, so while I'm respawning, the little countdown goes off and the base gets taken.

I just play the Boneyard mission on co-op elimination...40 people to kill. There is a small alcove to the left of the main spawn point, use the Automatic Gunner and you can kill all 40 within about ten minutes.

I've been killing all 40 within about 4 lately.

I wish there was a territory map that had a perfect choke point..and a gun that had no reload...:p

Try doing it on OldTown it has just about the best choke point in the game, imo. I was getting about 100-140 kills for every 5 min on that map. They just amass at the base of the stair way. and if U get killed then make sure U spawn in ur base and then go to prone position and start killing again. but when ur at the top of the stairs killing just make sure to watch ur back as a few guys do come around.

Well, on my method, I can get 250 kills in about 10 minutes. I dunno, I just like my method.

But I still don't get why I am not earning the achievement. Are any of you positive that you must be online to get it? Like private player matches or w/e.

EDIT: Found out; you can't use grenades for the 10,000 kills. Ugh. I think this is true, since people have been saying it works online and stuff. Grr..

Ah, so you've been using grenades this whole time?

Hmm.

Well, it has to be online huh? Because I was able to get the Sniper, Unyielding and whatever that one for getting four shots within four seconds is...offline.

I didn't even have an ethernet cable hookedto my 360...so it would be stupid to have 1 out of all of those others as online only.

• 4 weeks later...

Old Town is definitely the best one. If you can get a buddy with you and cover each side of the stairs it is nothing but a pile of bodies. That is until the AI gets pissed and flanks you. Then you either lose the base or get spawn killed a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...