Breaking Bad Discussion

Mr360xX

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went to my High School (Centennial), and I know two of the guys who were with him wearing the Boise State t-shirts.

Aaron and I didn't really know each other in HS though. We knew each other because we had the same first name, but he was a year ahead of me and graduated early.

Shoulda asked him if you could cameo.

If I see one person comment tonight about how Walter White is going to "go after" Gretchen and Elliot after seeing that interview on TV, I will never come back to these forums.

OT: I really liked this episode a lot. Walt's fucked, his family is done, his business is done, his legacy is done. He will meet his end next week.

If I see one person comment tonight about how Walter White is going to "go after" Gretchen and Elliot after seeing that interview on TV, I will never come back to these forums.

But who do you think he ultimately blames for everything bad that has happened to him the last 2 years?

Not trying to troll, but I do feel there is merit to that theory. Why else would they end with that interview if they don't have anything to do with the final episode? He had already turned himself to the police just before then, and left right after seeing the interview (just before the police made it to the bar and could arrest him). It's obvious that the things they said about him during the interview hit him on a very personal level, and the odds that he left in order to get revenge on them are pretty high.

Back to the rest of the episode. The death of Andrea was pretty heartbreaking, especially with it happening in front of Jesses eyes. I can't see this show ending any other way then with Jesse killing Walter for the Hell he's put him through, even if Jesse has to die in order to get his revenge.

On a happier note, Breaking Bad won a few Emmy's tonight including:

DRAMA SERIES

Winner: Breaking Bad, AMC

Nominees: Breaking Bad, AMC; Downton Abbey, PBS; Homeland, Showtime; Game of Thrones, HBO; House of Cards, Netflix; Mad Men, AMC

http://i.imgur.com/h8kOHpo.gif

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Winner: Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad, AMC

Nominees: Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad, AMC; Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey, PBS;Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones, HBO; Christine Baranski, The Good Wife, CBS;Morena Baccarin, Homeland, Showtime; Christina Hendricks, Mad Men, AMC

http://abload.de/img/tumblr_mtk3itke5p1qzcxyigi.png

Oh and I came across this regarding the title of the final episode which is pretty interesting:

Title of Breaking Bad’s final episode is “Felina”

Fe-Li-Na

Iron-Lithium-Sodium

Blood-Meth-Tears

Also an anagram for finale.

Edited by Rapture639

1. :(

2. Why the hell does Mr. Lambert call the Albuquerque DEA towards the end?! Man's got a death wish or something. I still want him to live.

3. BROCK?!?!

4. I had no idea that we'd get an hour an fifteen minutes today, pretty cool. Sounds like we're getting the same treatment next week.

5. Best drama #emmys2013 (man, rapture beat me. Curse me and my slow typing skills on my phone. Time to hit the hay)

Edited by LickableLemons7

But who do you think he ultimately blames for everything bad that has happened to him the last 2 years?

Not trying to troll, but I do feel there is merit to that theory. Why else would they end with that interview if they don't have anything to do with the final episode? He had already turned himself to the police just before then, and left right after seeing the interview. It's obvious that the things they said about him during the interview hit him on a very personal level, and the odds that he left in order to get revenge on them are pretty high.

No. That's not it at all.

There were two purposes for that interview to be shown.

1. Walt knows Todd didn't kill Jesse. Hence him clenching his fist.

2. It goes to show that he has nothing to live for and his legacy is done. He doesn't mean anything to anyone anymore.

He's not going to harm Gretchen and Elliot. I 110% believe that the purpose of that interview was not for him to get mad and seek revenge on them, but for the reasons I listed.

[spoiler=WW]Not sure if it's true - but I've been hearing A LOT of people claiming that both Walt and Jesse die in the end.

I had no idea that we'd get an hour an fifteen minutes today, pretty cool. Sounds like we're getting the same treatment next week.

More like 62 minutes because of commercials.

No. That's not it at all.

There were two purposes for that interview to be shown.

1. Walt knows Todd didn't kill Jesse. Hence him clenching his fist.

2. It goes to show that he has nothing to live for and his legacy is done. He doesn't mean anything to anyone anymore.

He's not going to harm Gretchen and Elliot. I 110% believe that the purpose of that interview was not for him to get mad and seek revenge on them, but for the reasons I listed.

Right but they could have easily brought that info regarding the blue meth on TV through a news report. Why bring back these people that we haven't seen since like season 2 back just to convey something that didn't necessarily need their presence at all?

If he didn't have anything to live for, why did he run away from the police (presumably to chase a new agenda) instead of just letting himself get caught by the police (which was his initial plan) which would have helped out his family (which was what Saul suggested in the beginning since Walt's disappearance did more to hurt his wife than actually help her)?

Right but they could have easily brought that info regarding the blue meth on TV through a news report. Why bring back these people that we haven't seen since like season 2 back just to convey something that didn't necessarily need their presence at all?

Just for the sake of having their appearance. One more episode. One final hurrah. Put Gretchen and Elliot in Granite State because they won't have a focal point in Felina. The final episode should just be one final confrontation between Walt, Jessie, Todd, Jack, and possibly Lydia. With some slight buildup, of course.

If he didn't have anything to live for, why did he run away from the police (presumably to chase a new agenda) instead of just letting himself get caught by the police (which was his initial plan) which would have helped out his family (which was what Saul suggested in the beginning since Walt's disappearance did more to hurt his wife than actually help her)?

I think Walt realizes he doesn't want to grow old and die an old man all alone in NH. He still wants to take his revenge on Uncle Jack for Hank. He still has things left to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAQt2sKC_E]Breaking Bad Season 5 Episode 16 Preview "Felina" (HD) Series Finale - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MP2YUN-fR4](Spoilers) Making Of Breaking Bad 5x15 "Granite State" (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

[spoiler=WW]Not sure if it's true - but I've been hearing A LOT of people claiming that both Walt and Jesse die in the end.

If this happened, I wouldn't be disappointed. But that ending reminds me of a certain show on the Internet that's pretty damn awesome.

I love you Jon Graham, you crazy bitch.

More like 62 minutes because of commercials.

Still! An extra 10 minutes! I'm happy.

Does anyone think we'll be seeing Walt inside 308 again? Or will that just be a waste of time and is something that should be exclusive to Blood Money? The conclusion to the confrontation with Carol still remains.

And, with Walt's frail condition, does anyone think that he can seriously handle an M60 with efficiency?

People don't understand. Grey Matter won't have anything to do with the finale, it was the fact that they stole Walts plan and made billions, and how the Nazis stole Walts 'product' and are making money off that. For the second time he has had his potential to leave a legacy behind ruined. On the phone with Junior, he weeped, "It can't be all for nothing."

Same. So much to showcase in one episode. Now we must wait it out ;(

:( They still need to wrap up Jesse's fate, what Brock will do when he finds out Andrea is dead, Walt's "plans", and the rest of the White family including Marie. Too much!!!

I was routing for Jesse to get away when he got out of the cage. I know everyone's like, "he's a rat, kill him!" but I feel so bad for him.

Edited by BiggD

:( They still need to wrap up Jesse's fate, what Brock will do when he finds out Andrea is dead, Walt's "plans", and the rest of the White family including Marie. Too much!!!

And Lydia is still around as well. I have no idea how her story will wrap up. Maybe she'll be hanging around with the neo-Nazis at their cook site when Mr. Lambert shows up with an M60.

There's also the issue with the box set of the final season having a three minute alternate ending. I don't like it when multiple ending stuff like that happens, unless the creator comes out and says "Just letting everyone know A was my intended ending, not B, but I thought we could have some fun with B. You know, shits and giggles. Maybe a happier conclusion, or an even more depressing one."

Having multiple endings with no concrete resolution as to what's optimal and what isn't dampens the original ending's experience for me. And in Breaking Bad's case, the final episode hasn't even aired yet, which makes me feel watered down in regards to what I'm going to expect.

I'm only about halfway through this episode, so I haven't really read any comments about it yet. However, I noticed at least one about the last episode. I think the producers/writers have come out and said that the ending will be fantastic and a definitive end to the show. I could be mistaken, though.