X360A World Championship

daenius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah was going to post this.

I will be up for it whenever. Maybe 8PM?

Sorry Noddee, lost track of time working on something.

Im doing a bit of FIFA now so yeah, lets do a practice tomorrow as I wont be trying to cram a Chemistry Investigation paper into tomorrow night. :D

What time do people want to do a practice. Around 7 or a bit later at 8 as usual?

edit, hitman and i starting at 7

Do you mind waiting about 2 minutes for me, I am just on the bus right now but there has been an accident or something so im not going to get back until around dead on 7, then its going to take a few minutes for me to fire up the box.

EDIT: In fact I should be back within a few minutes now. The traffic had stopped because the traffic lights are'nt working but the traffic has picked up a bit now. I should be back within 5 or 6 minutes...

Edited by x13radx

OK im sorry, but I refuse to do any practice sessions with AI enabled anymore.

Me, Hitman, Pined & Dom were all having a practice session, Pined managed to get a few seconds ahead and then me & Dom were having a great race for 2nd place, we were neck-to-neck for around 12 laps. Then, on my in-lap, we hit traffic and I see Dom gets hit off by Massa, so being a sport I allow him to come back ahead so we can continue our little battle.

Then, on the chicane before the hairpin, Massa just completely thunderbolts me into the side of the wall leaving me with no front wing and a punctured front tyre.

This really pissed me off, because I left Massa tons of room and passed him well, but he seems to just swerve infront of me and completely wreck me.

So, I come into pit, get new tyres & wing, and set off again. I am only 2 laps into my stint when I reach another backmarker, Glock.

He goes really slow around the second corner and I go to overtake on the left hand side, but what does he do? Slam me into the wall and I spin out, with another lost front wing and my front right tyre this time punctured.

Sorry Dom/Pined/Hitman, I just got really pissed off and quit. I might come on again later if you might do another race, because mine & Dom's scrap was absolutely nail-bitting stuff.

yeah brad that was a good scrap and I would say fair too, you also let me through a couple of times which was good so we could carry on our little tussle, I think the AI just dont know how to race properly, and I thought massa was an expert on letting people past him.

Edited by dombareford

Montreal GP - Results

1: Pined x360a   | Williams   | 1:08:04.992  | 25 Pts
2: xI BR4D Ix    | McLaren    | +23.9 Secs   | 18
3: blue smarty   | Ferrari    | +45.3 Secs   | 15
4: LFC2K6        | Renault    | +1 Lap       | 12
5: Slowinfastout | Mercedes   | +1 Lap       | 10
6: XxPATRIOT1xX  | Toro Rosso | +3 Laps      |  8
7: derektaylor84 | HRT        | +3 Laps      |  6
8: Tully123      | Lotus      | DNF (Lap 49) |  4
9: Daenius       | Virgin     | DNF (Lap 12) |  2
10: Noddee 1984   | Red Bull   | D/C (Lap  8) |  1

Graphics to come soon.

Quite happy with my race tonight, smoothe from start to finish more-o-less, with only a couple of offs/half spins. I consider Valencia one of my strong circuits as well, so looking forward to it. Well done tonight guys, shame about those who didn't finish. Better luck next race :)

EDIT: Also, with Myth offcially dropping out. I would like to take over his Ferrari on a permenant basis. Just so Daneius and Brad(for future graphics) know. Unless sombody else wants to take the Ferrari and swap it for their car. As you all know i dislike Ferrari a lot, but i'll drive anything over that bugged Force India, lol.

Edited by pined5551

Very bad race for me, I am still dumbfounded as to how I finished 2nd nearly 20 seconds ahead of 3rd!

I had a orange wing from around lap 9 to 17, then as soon as I left the pits I came around the first corner and it went down to yellow. From there, around lap 27 or 28, I hit the wall on the tight hairpin and it went down to orange. After that I knew catching Pined was impossible so just played it safe. I almost wrecked on around lap 40 however, the second corner I hugged the wall so closely that I really did think it was my race over and somehow I didnt even get damage!

I got very sloppy towards the end, going off on the first corner, that tricky chicane under the bridge, and also the last chicane a few times too.

As for Tully123's crash, I had just overtook derek I think it was and then it popped up Tully had crashed out, and I started taking the corner and I just see a green lotus there crashed out, pretty cool to be honest.

Also, when did you pit Pined? I thought you started on Primes but must have been wrong, unless you pitted earlier than I thought, as you were around 25 seconds ahead then you went down to 11 seconds, but a 14 second pit is impossible I would think on this track...

As for Daenius & Noddee, what happened?

Yeah Brad, i pitted on lap 20 having started on Options. They were still only orange when i went in, i think they could have gone another 3 laps maybe but i figured fresh primes would be quicker than old options. Thing is, it was around 2 laps after my pit stop that you were suddenly 11 seconds behind. I was a little confused myself as i thought it was 15 seconds behind that the times stopped showing not 12?? Though, given that it had been quite smoothe out of the pits that to loose 4 seconds wasn't possible. Still unsure how you were suddenly right there on the mini map. My stop itself was pretty slow, at just under 7 seconds for only tyres, but seeing it accelerate properly was beautiful. Now in a Ferrari* (see above offer other drivers, lol) i shouldn't have to bare that again now :)

Yeah Brad, i pitted on lap 20 having started on Options. They were still only orange when i went in, i think they could have gone another 3 laps maybe but i figured fresh primes would be quicker than old options. Thing is, it was around 2 laps after my pit stop that you were suddenly 11 seconds behind. I was a little confused myself as i thought it was 15 seconds behind that the times stopped showing not 12?? Though, given that it had been quite smoothe out of the pits that to loose 4 seconds wasn't possible. Still unsure how you were suddenly right there on the mini map. My stop itself was pretty slow, at just under 7 seconds for only tyres, but seeing it accelerate properly was beautiful. Now in a Ferrari* (see above offer other drivers, lol) i shouldn't have to bare that again now :)

Ah ok, I was really confused and just could'nt figure out where I had lost the time. I will put you into the Ferrari (as long as everyone else is OK with it) in the next graphic update next week. As for Valencia, I really am not looking forward to it. I hate Valencia with a passion, probably my least favourite track alongside Catalunya & Singapore. (In-Game anyway).

Think I may be missing the Brazillian GP of ours that is due to take place on the 26th Feb 2011, lol. Friend is emmigrating and that is the farewell party, so possible DNF for me then haha.

I will probably miss the 15th January race as it's my brothers birthday party, and then probably the one on 5th Feb as I am on a weekend trip. Apart from those, I can not see me missing any of the other races at the moment.

Edited by x13radx

well tht wasnt a good race for me. heres wot happened. started in 6th got a half decent start went past dan after wot look like a bad second chicane from him but over cooked the third and ended up losing a few places after runnning off the track. which pissed me off a bit but carried on with no damage. took me a lap and a bit to get past derek who i think was 7th with lfc in 6th, was chasing down lfc when wee both got it rong in the chicane b4 the hairpin i lost ma wing. so off to the pits i went which put me in last by about 6 seconds behind tully so two laps l8r i cum in to the last chicane b4 the hairpin to find tully parked rong way round on the raceing line i hit him head on lose ma front wing and well lost the plot and turned ma xbox off. that was lap 8 so in the space on 5 laps it all went rong which pissed me off and just wasnt in the mood.

Very sorry lads for that

Shit race for me. I cut way too many corners in the beginning without slowing down afterwards, just couldn't get any feeling for the turns.

After some catching up to blue smarty in 2nd, I again cut many corners to not hit him in the back of his car. When I tried to overtake him before turn 5 he swerved out and ultimately caused my car to hit the wall, causing my front wing to go orange. Don't worry about it, Dom, just a lack of communication between us alltogether on that one.

After I got 2 penalties for corner cutting (20 secs) I was pissed off and quit out.

Very unfortunate turn of events, on the other hand I now know that going out until 7am the day before a race is a definite no-go :)

Unlucky Daenius & Noddee, Montreal can be a pain for penalties as nearly every corner is quite easy to cut if you dont get it right.

@Pined - Sounds good, I will be up for some races, maybe a few sprints then a practice for Valencia? I really dislike racing on this track, but once we have done Silverstone (Hate the new layout) , we have 4 better tracks to look forward to in Germany, Hungary, Belgium & Italy.

Personally i think that regardless of how bad a race is going, people should always finish. You never know how things will turn out. Brad or I could have wrecked and you would have been able to pick up as much as 10 points instead of 1 & 2. The usual back markers Patriot, derek and tully were all lapped twice or more i think. So there is always time to make up some positions.

Personally i think that regardless of how bad a race is going, people should always finish. You never know how things will turn out. Brad or I could have wrecked and you would have been able to pick up as much as 10 points instead of 1 & 2. The usual back markers Patriot, derek and tully were all lapped twice or more i think. So there is always time to make up some positions.

Agreed, the great thing about this game is unpredictability. If I had quit in Spain when I was in last place for a few laps, I would never had predicted I would have won the race due to Pined having bad luck.