Is it worth the 1200 MSP?

CRAZY 7

• 2 weeks later...

A friend had gotten the soundtrack signed at PAX, and after listening to it I just had to find the game it was from, and it was just as good as the music. I'd say it was worth it to me, and I haven't even finished it yet.

Great artwork, great music, great dialogue, unique narrating style, the enemies and weapons are interesting, the level building up around you is really neat, and the game just overall just has an awesome atmosphere.

I'm sure they'd price DLC at 800 points knowing how M$ wants to eat your soul anymore.

Very short. Very limited weapons. Last game I will EVER buy for 1200, thats for sure.

the enemies and weapons are interesting, the level building up around you is really neat

Guns, crossbows, and swords are unique? WTF? I will just assume this was your first 'rpg' so I won't laugh too hard at that statement. You fight the same 5 enemies throughout the entire game. And being limited to what you can do in the game based on your decisions on what to build first..is hardly really neat. /facepalm

I base value at something simple. If I get 1 hour per $1 i payed, it's a good deal. For $15 I got maybe 8 hours (including a second replay) and the whole art/narration was awesome for the first 5 hours that the entire game lasted. Include falling off the fucking stage everytime you roll away from an enemy...eh. Just no. Do yourself a favor and wait for it being half off.

Edited by TheUglyCasanova

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've had this a long time on my hd without playing through. The story is ok, the narration is fantastic however. The gameplay, well, I was expecting more to be honest after reading lots of positive comments about the game. I must admit, I had to force myself to finish the game for the cheevos.

Looking at the current price following points to currency conversion......£9.99 in the UK. Is it worth this price? Not in my opinion. I think I picked it up at least 50% off, if not 66% off. I'll be honest though, I don't think it is worth 50% off either. Two thirds off is worth picking up though.

Hmm, posted a couple of days ago on this but it said my response needed to be authorised by a mod.

The current price of this following the change from points to currency is £9.99 (at least in UK). Would I recommend buying at that price? Quite simply, no.

The story is good, made a lot, lot better by the fantastic narration. Gameplay is ok but quite limited and the game is quite repetitive. I felt like I had to slog through the game for the achievements, making you play it twice didn't help. I did have high expectations for the game when I first picked it up (I think it was a Xmas sale with 66% off) but those expectations weren't met.

Don't get me wrong, the game is ok but not fantastic. I would pick it up again only when it is deal of the week with a reasonable reduction. On my original tag I couldn't face the 200/200 but I've forced myself on this tag.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say yes. While some people (very few judging from all the reviews I've seen) might disagree, even at 1200 ms points or $15 I thought the game was excellent. I would say the game play is simple but that's not the same as repetitive, and the unique narrative style and other elements come together to create a very satisfying experience.

The game might be a little short and you might not get much out of it after two playthroughs, but the journey—while short—is incredible. I agree that it is the best 1200 pt game I ever bought and I have never regretted it.