New York Minute Difficulty

Dukez

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read, New York Minute is when health and bullet time difficulty is increased (not sure exactly how but lack of painkillers and take extra damage or something) where as in New York Minute Hardcore when you die, you restart the chapter, but I think the difficulty for the health and bulletime is still present in Hardcore.

Edited by Barad

New York Minute & Hardcore aren't difficulties in the story mode, it's it's own arcade mode that is timed and I think it's quite annoying. The 5 difficulties in the story are Easy, Medium, Hard, Old School & Hardcore and I'm not sure how each one is different to each other but pretty sure it's all hugely based on the damage you take from enemies, bullet time acquisition & availability of painkillers

Edited by Barad

Okay, well my best guess is, and I could be wrong:

New York Minute = Easy (timed)

New York Minute Hardcore = Hardcore = (timed/chapter restart at death)

You'll have to play the story on those difficulties to find out exactly how the damanging system works for yourself, I haven't even played the game so this is all my knowledge.

Edited by Barad

NY Minute Hardcore = whole campaign with free aim without dying once.

If you die you restart from the very first mission. There are no save points. Its all in one go.

I wish some people just stop spreading this stupid ass false information. However, i will be giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you heard it just like some people "heard" stuff. I'll be quoting bio187.

Whoever gave you the information that NYMHC is you having to complete the whole game without dying, is a lying retard.

It is just the standard NYM thats a chapter to chapter basis in the menu, except the difficulty is hardcore.

Straight from rockstar

"Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet Time® Rewards. A satisfying challenge

Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge

Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test

Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging

Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.

Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*"

NY Minute Hardcore = whole campaign with free aim without dying once.

If you die you restart from the very first mission. There are no save points. Its all in one go.

Incorrect, just think about what you just said. No ones going to seat at a screen and play for 12 hours straight and pass every part of the game instantly on the hardest difficulty. It's been confirmed by Rockstar themselves that NYM Hardcore is the same as Story Hardcore but if you die you have to restart on the chapter you were on, but yes there are no save points within those chapters.

Edited by Barad

So if I understand correctly, I can play NYM on easy and get the 100G achievement? I'm playing on hard now and it is a challenge so I'm hoping I can play NYM on a more forgiving difficulty.

Yup. Hardcore, while it's 10G, is made for people who want to 100% the game. In other words, people who will dedicate time for it and have skill so, it's all good.

Edited by ll X ll
Spelling

Sweet! Thanks man, I was gonna put this off until the end but if it's only NYM on Hardcore, I'll tackle that sooner. Thanks for clearing things up for me and everyone else, much appreciated.

Yeah, I just finished NYM and am on the 5th chapter of NYM Hardcore. It's pissing me off but I'm determined to finish it, lol.

Originally Posted by rolandassassin

I cant post posts... i dont know why, so credit me as klujma. So inform guys on X360A that iam saying that R* confirmed that we HAVE TO play game in one sitting !!!! :(

My 1st post is me - http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/max...-not-real.html

First they confirmed we dont have to play without dead and then they sent another email - sorry, we double-checked what did you write to us and you have to complete whole game without dead !!! Thats really sad :(.

So whats the go, do you have to do it in one run or not? Has someone played it so e can confirm for real or are we still relying on stories?

So whats the go, do you have to do it in one run or not? Has someone played it so e can confirm for real or are we still relying on stories?

Well like I had said in the Guide thread: I haven't died and am on the 5th chapter. Not going to die on purpose to find out if it's true or not. Maybe quitting to the dashboard would save you from that if it's true?

Well like I had said in the Guide thread: I haven't died and am on the 5th chapter. Not going to die on purpose to find out if it's true or not. Maybe quitting to the dashboard would save you from that if it's true?

If you quit to the dashboard it would be the same as dying wouldn't it since it wouldn't save? PM me when you know mate.