too DAMN small.

Goku1552

I've missed loads of information because the text is too small and because it doesn't stay on the screen long enough to move forward and read.

My eyesight is okay, my TV is HD, my Xbox is set to 1080p which is what my TV needs. I am also sitting the correct distance from the TV for its size - viewing distance divided by 3 to determines the minimum size screen in inches.

You can check all the missed text in the menu screen. It shows whats popped up, what you've last leveled up and what people were talking about. Just check around in the menu for it. I'm not on it right now so I forget what it was under.

I do mostly agree with this, however!

I do need new glasses, i know that & i just haven't got around to having an eye test yet.

I also have a PC hooked up to the 37" TV i use for my Xbox.

General text on the PC is tricky to read for me unless i lean forward slightly in my chair, GTA5 text is easier to read but not by much.

So, i do think the font should be a little bigger as it's close the edge of tolerable but you shouldn't be having the issues you seem to be having unless at least one of the following is true.

1: you sit to far away from the TV for it's given size.

2: your TV is not HD.

3: Your settings are wrong somewhere.

4: your eyesight isn't as good as you think it is.

I find this a bigger problem than the text size by far.

Tell me about it, it makes shooting from a vehicle hard as hell and the shooting range as I don't know what I'm aiming at half the time, I always have to move around a lot till I notice that pin sized white dot. But I guess changing the aiming to complex makes it a tiny bit better, from what I've read.

Edited by xxJUSTINxx

Because of the resolution...... a standard tv is like 640X480 and an most of the hdtv now are 1920X

1080 or even more if you own a 4k tv

:welcome to the years 2000 :p

LoL Of course... should have known resolution :p Either way it still seems very odd that the text size is so horribly small on just certain games. Why can't they keep them universal? -_- It's awful going from a game I can read everything perfectly fine on and then suddenly have one I have to strain my eyes to read from less than 5 feet away (and yeah, I have perfect eyesight and don't need glasses or anything).

change your xbox output to 720p

i did that for GTA 4 as well, it'll make everything larger the mini-map everything, i need to change that as well, its not impossible to read but it does strain the eye trying to focus on it

You can't on a normal TV, it won't even give you the option lol

Can you choose another crosshair? That damn point is way too small.

This is my pet peeve atm, another colour would be good enough, the games quite sunny and white on that even with the brightness down, i still manage to lose track of it occasionally lol

Thought i was on that but im not, what else does it change?

Edit: Oh lord, switches all the controls about, its not much better, just adds a circle around the dot.

You might of hit left by ascendent when hovering over controls, it's pretty sensitive. Just change it back to 'Standard' or whatever you had it on and yeah it doesn't help that much but it is a little more noticeable.

Yea i had hit on alternative by accident. Came back to post as i just got in a gunfight after switched back to simple and it was still bad controls.... Oops, my bad :Angel:

Off to test again. Does it actually change anything else that you have noticed?

The extra circle should help a bit for my issue of just losing the dot to the background a bit. Have googled a bit but nothing much up and the GTA V Online Manual for iPhone is utter crap tbh.

Getting a bit offtopic now aswell :eek:

Tube TV *snigger*

Forced upgrade here or buy a seperate box for digital was years ago here (uk), I wont be surprised if the connections on consoles in the future soon lose the ability to use scart, some had composite i know but usually that was for the more expensive tv's so if you had one of those you probably upgraded already anyway.

Tube TV *snigger*

Forced upgrade here or buy a seperate box for digital was years ago here (uk), I wont be surprised if the connections on consoles in the future soon lose the ability to use scart, some had composite i know but usually that was for the more expensive tv's so if you had one of those you probably upgraded already anyway.

It was the same in the USA back whenever that was. My old tv had finally broke down before the official digital switch so I had to get another within a year of that switch. HDTVs were still too spendy at the time here so I ended up with another standard one that had the built in digital converter. Lucky too because those dumb converter boxes were a cheap piece of crap (that they charged $50 for) and the extra one we ended up getting went into my room and it constantly freezes to the point where you have to unplug it and it won't hold a signal for nothing. The built in one at least gets me 1 channel after the switch that is mostly a stable signal. Since I had to replace mine such a short time ago and mine works perfectly still, there's no reason to waste money to upgrade when I don't have the money to begin with.

Guess I'm stuck with the small text on games for now. At least I know the cause. I was thinking it was just the game creators making it so tiny for some dumb reason -_- I'm leaving the topic now. I don't get to get my copy of GTA V until Christmas so I don't want to run into spoilers :p