Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran

kormac

ive now gone through and got 1000gs on this and really apart from silo and the tank in the square the only time i was really troubled was when i got a bad checkpoint

i got a bad one when i was on silo sniping the mortar teams and when the checkpoint triggered i had 4 on the map so i had no margin for error at all, i also got a bad 1 when i was shooting the planes, which caused me no end of problems. I got 1 on the tank missions when i hit the checpoint i got blown up 1 second later so i had to start again (luckily that mission was really easy)

i also found on silo as soon as i had taken house A and house F the rest of the level was not too bad

I found hill 400 one of the easier missions tbh, the hardest part was taking out the mortar teams defending for 5 minutes was real easy i think i only got killed once

the truck ambush was a bit tricky but as long as you had smokes it was not too bad

taking the 3rd flak gun on crossing the rhine was frustrating but not to bad, doing that last tank on battle for Caen was also frustrating, but taking the church and headquarters was nothing compared to house A and house F, and it was only doing the upstaires of them when it became tough

overall i found this the easiest of all the COD franchise

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't really remember all the missions. but the part that really sucked was at the silo.

another point i was stuck at was at the end of the mission where you use an anti-aircraft gunner to shoot down some airplanes. i got a checkpoint far away from the gunner, and the aircrafts managed to bomb me all the time before i got to the gunner. after many tries i had to restart the mission. that pissed me off.

• 2 months later...

I found the game challenging but managable. The only real parts which messed me up were "silo", which I spent hours on, but once you'd taken one building it was fine from there. And of course the ambush was a b*tch, I somehow managed to fluke it by hiding behind a barrel and pickiung off the enemy one by one. Excellent veteran campaign though nonetheless.

I noticed a lot of people are saying how hard they found hill 400. Tbh I thought it was easy compared to the silo mission. I died only a couple of times. Its different for everyone though.

howd'y, Just thought i'd put up my Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran.

1. Final charge by the Germans across the square in the Russian campaign (did the first wave and nearly completed the second wave before chickening out and hiding in the staircase on the right side and blasting anyone who came in)

2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

4. Shooting down planes (got grenaded so many times it made me panic and miss when i managed to survive the initial attack)

5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly! :)

7. Mortar teams on Hill 400 (at first it was butchery, but once i realised the pattern of sneaking around the perimeter using the shelters for cover and getting into a rythmn, i was quickly on top of the situation. if i didn't figure this out, i would have continued to try and cut across the field thereby getting mowed down all the time!)

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.

i'd like to see what other people have for their list. it's funny how one area is easier for one person but a hellhole for another. obviously it's a style thing, (some are natural snipers, others are better at run and gunning etc.) and also a checkpoint thing as there have been one or two bad checkpoints which can screw things up big time.

one thing i tried to avoid this, is turn the xbox off without saving and quitting. i got out of the silo sniping part when i got a checkpoint when a mortar was already about to hit me. i was really pissed off as you can imagine but when i turned the console off then back on, my last checkpoint was on the ground before you get up the silo. so WHEW! :D great game, with some problem areas of course, but still nowhere as unfair as Halo 2 ledgendary. that was bad programming on that one!

1. I agree and I did the same exact thing to finish that level. This was one of my first points where I didn't know how I'd ever get past it.

2. Tricky, but I just hit on the opposite side of the vehicle I was in with my back to the wall and shot anyone on the roof directly across from me. I was pretty pissed at first but knew there had to be that "sweet spot."

3. I had a few problems here too... just took memorizing troop locations.

4. I had no issue with shooting down the planes.

5. Haha, no doubt... I worked my way over the right hand side through craters too. I got completely owned every other method I tried.

6. Yeah, two of the Silo buildings gave me a real hard time. Once I used my brain and figured out that the mortar teams showed up on the radar as objectives the actual silo part was easy.

7. The mortar teams didn't give me as much trouble as the waves of enemies after the artillery. In fact, initally taking that bunker was one of the parts of this game that had me stuck for the longest.

8. I got the two tiger tanks in a matter of a few tries. I think I just got lucky with figuring out the pattern I needed from my checkpoint almost right away.

* One of the worst parts for me was the last British mission where you take over a series of buildings and the final one is a large house with a constant supply of Germans. I was about to break something!

There were a lot of really random parts that had me hung up for many deaths in a row but mainly because I would lose my patience and run out into the open. Good list though.

• 2 weeks later...

I had some trouble with other areas not listed, but these are the ones that had me swearing at the TV, listed in more or less story order.

Comrade Sniper - the final area where you have to hold off several waves of Germans.

Hold the line - the part where you have to hold off several waves of Germans (see a pattern?)

Silo - capturing Building F and the post office.

crusader Charge - it took me a while to figure out how to drive the tank.

Assault on Matmata - the area after you survive the ambush.

Pointe du Hoc - after climbing the rope, the part where you have to get to the other side of the field.

The Tiger - capturing the German HQ

The Brigade Box - blowing up the tank at the end.

Hill 400 - sniping the mortar teams. I couldn't get past 4, so I put it down for a bit. Came back later and started getting checkpoints that I wasn't getting before.

I didn't care that your comrades were useless but what pissed me off was when they were idiots (running into your line of fire, running in the way and blocking a grenade toss, blocking you from escaping a grenade, pointing their gun at you).

• 2 weeks later...
Hey dude, I know your pain cos this level took me about two hours, then during the sniping mission from the top of the silo I reached a checkpoint with a mortar just above my head, so I got caught in a loop of dying, respawning at the checkpoint and then dying one second later - I had to restart the level all over.

Some tips: I think the enemies just keep on coming, they never stop till the level is completed and your support rolls in. I found the best method was to smoke grenade the entrance to a building, lob a couple of frags, run in, take out the guys on the ground floor then hide in a corner, wait for your supporting men, then take out the upstairs. Also, I found it easier NOT to do the building in aphabetical order. Good luck!

This is the exact spot I'm stuck at. I've been trying to clear the German HQ (Objective F) for about 2/3 hours now. Downstairs isn't too bad, but when I try to clear upstairs, I always get mowed down, lol.

Also, I've heard about the silo glitch, I'm hoping and praying that I don't get that, or I'll literally cry, lol.

• 3 months later...

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

this part sucks i still cant beat it

• 1 month later...

I thought it was fairly challenging from start to finish. I never really struggled more on one particular mission than another though. It did seem to gradually get more difficult but that was compensated by me getting better throughout the game. Even the Russian missions had their tough parts but it wasn't as hard as many people had made out. Anybody could complete this on veteran with patience.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Infinitism

I really thought this game was all about patience...until you get a checkpoint. Don't be afraid to die in order to learn enemy patterns. And if you keep dying a lot, try a different path.

Like everyone I had some difficulties (A-F in Silo, German HQ in Caen, figuring out where to throw smokes at start of Crossing the Rhine), and got a couple of horrendous checkpoints, but overall I didn't think the game was too hard.

Worst part for me were the 2 tank missions. Not because they were hard, but because the tank driving was flat awful.

• 7 months later...

I didn't care that your comrades were useless but what pissed me off was when they were idiots (running into your line of fire, running in the way and blocking a grenade toss, blocking you from escaping a grenade, pointing their gun at you).

I actually found the AI to be quite useful in clearing rooms/advancing up near the end of the game. They allowed to to approach with cover and get much needed checkpoints.

I finally finished this game today on Veteran. I really enjoyed it although it was hard as hell at times. For me I would probably say the German Ambush and Silo were the toughest. I got the glitch on silo and it was a pain to beat over again, but I really enjoyed the difficulty and starightforward achievements.

Time to take on WaW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am on Crossing The Rhine now the part with the flak cannons at the beginning i have got 3 artillery crews to get rid of but im struggling is it because i've used all my smoke grenades or is it just a matter of clearing out every enemy because they come from both sides on the bit i'm on.

Any help would be appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can remember, the hardest parts for me were.

Soviet missions, defend the railyard (or some building, can't remember). Stupid checkpoint. Kept respawning me in front of a nazi bullet, and two nazi's behind me. WTF!?! Had to restart.

British Ambush. Kept getting mowed down until I popped a smoke grenade, ducked to the back corner, took out the nazi's on the roof and swung back to the other side and did it again.

DDay ridge line. I didn't know where to go, and kept running into a hail of bullets.

Haven't got up the Silo missions yet......

EDIT: Ugh! Silo. Hard!

Frustrating, but ultimatly satisfying fun!

Edited by Optomistic
Update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
can't really remember all the missions. but the part that really sucked was at the silo.

another point i was stuck at was at the end of the mission where you use an anti-aircraft gunner to shoot down some airplanes. i got a checkpoint far away from the gunner, and the aircrafts managed to bomb me all the time before i got to the gunner. after many tries i had to restart the mission. that pissed me off.

Same thing happened to me I didnt play it for over a year beacuse of the Plane glitch .restarted level got a different checkpoint beat it .it is impossible

If the planes are already out before you hit the gun ..

• 3 months later...

just got a new live account decided to go back and get these "easy" achievements . I would say the hardest parts are Silo on the D-Day mission and capturing the final HQ for the Battle of Caen mission. The reason being the infinite respawn if you don't get inside the objectives. The best way to complete these is to throw smoke grenades run into the buildings hide in a corner(aka Modern Warfare online for dummies) let your squad (on D-Day) or good old immortal Captain Price ( on Caen) do the work. Once the bottom floors are clear go up halfway onto the steps then punish any jerry that run out of a room . Throw as many grenades as possible into the rooms and above all just take your time and remember that if you can beat World at War on Veteran then you can pown this nazi a.i.:uzi:

• 1 month later...

this part sucks i still cant beat it

so after letting this game sit on the shelf in 2009 i dusted it off last night fired it up and finally beat that stupid level lol, working on dday and hope to beat this game asap:uzi:

so after letting this game sit on the shelf in 2009 i dusted it off last night fired it up and finally beat that stupid level lol, working on dday and hope to beat this game asap:uzi:

Those RPG's were annoying as hell until you learned what order they came out in. I'm working on Silo now :mad: lol

• 3 months later...

For me the most annoying part was climbing down the ladder after sniping on top of the silo. I seriously died three times trying to go down the ladder and had to re-do the sniping!

Also, I had no idea there was anyone on the roof in the truck escape. Probably could have made that a bit less annoying.

For me the most annoying part was climbing down the ladder after sniping on top of the silo. I seriously died three times trying to go down the ladder and had to re-do the sniping!

Also, I had no idea there was anyone on the roof in the truck escape. Probably could have made that a bit less annoying.

You've not yet completed the game...