Winning game from each location...

pmWolf

How does the game know when I've "won"?

It doesn't save after the final battle (at least, not noticeably), and I don't see a separate, generic save file anywhere in the folder.

I'm asking because I'm well over 100 saves, and it is freaking the order out. I grabbed all the saves and moved them to the USB storage.

Just want to make sure that in my 5th different continental play-through that the achievement will come through.

Just check which "game" you're on in your save file. Provided it goes up by 1 when you start a new game, it's probably still counting.

Why people have over 100 saves though, is beyond me. This isn't a Bethesda RPG, so keep about 20 max and just overwrite them repeatedly.

You can clear an easy playthrough in about 8 hours btw, I just did 3 playthroughs to get my 1100G since Sunday. Just remember that you need full Satellite Coverage asap and you need Weapon Fragments more than anything else, so don't use explosives to kill aliens until you've got enough to research and develop everything you need. Also, the Firestorm is necessary for shooting down the Overseer UFO and that requires 75 Fragments just like the Blaster Launcher, which really adds up fast.

Why people have over 100 saves though, is beyond me. This isn't a Bethesda RPG, so keep about 20 max and just overwrite them repeatedly.

Well, I didn't realize it would freak out if the saves reached a certain number, otherwise I would have been more careful about managing the saves. It's not like I had limited space on my 360 HD...

Most of my saves were during my first game, when I didn't have a great handle on what I was doing.

Generally, I'd save when at the base. Then, I'd save when starting a mission, and maybe one other time during a mission. Then another save when the mission was over (back at base). That meant...each mission had about 3 or 4 saves associated with it. If you do 30-40 missions, that adds up to a LOT of saves.

So, not sure how you can be shocked by going over 100 saves...particularly by the time you get to your third or fourth playthrough. (Although, obviously I'm now at a point where I don't see the need to save nearly as much...but that just comes with experience that I didn't have on Playthrough #1).

You can clear an easy playthrough in about 8 hours btw, I just did 3 playthroughs to get my 1100G since Sunday. Just remember that you need full Satellite Coverage asap and you need Weapon Fragments more than anything else, so don't use explosives to kill aliens until you've got enough to research and develop everything you need. Also, the Firestorm is necessary for shooting down the Overseer UFO and that requires 75 Fragments just like the Blaster Launcher, which really adds up fast.

Agree, weapon fragments are insanely important, and most guides don't hammer this point home.

8 hour playthrough: Yeah, this just isn't me. I spend way too much time hosing around. I get sidetracked doing dumb stuff like making spreadsheets full of numbers, or letting story missions sit for MONTHS as I collect stuff and pimp out my soldiers.

It's a mad dash to get full satellite coverage...but after that, I can catch my breath and work on improving my base/soldiers/weapons/etc.

So, not sure how you can be shocked by going over 100 saves...particularly by the time you get to your third or fourth playthrough. (Although, obviously I'm now at a point where I don't see the need to save nearly as much...but that just comes with experience that I didn't have on Playthrough #1).

Simply put, why keep your previous playthrough saves? Or why keep so many unnecessary saves? By the time you reach your third or fourth playthrough, you surely should have the confidence to know which critical saves to keep and which ones to overwrite.

It justs seems a bit borderline paranoid imo. The game isn't that hard, and whilst I made over 100 saves per playthrough, I didn't need to keep them all separate. I just kept maybe 5 - 10 at critical junctures and saved over the rest.

Agree, weapon fragments are insanely important, and most guides don't hammer this point home.

8 hour playthrough: Yeah, this just isn't me. I spend way too much time hosing around. I get sidetracked doing dumb stuff like making spreadsheets full of numbers, or letting story missions sit for MONTHS as I collect stuff and pimp out my soldiers.

It's a mad dash to get full satellite coverage...but after that, I can catch my breath and work on improving my base/soldiers/weapons/etc.

You can do both. The only real time to slow down is for 3 - 5 months whilst the Assault the Alien Base Story Mission is available. Remember you need the Hyperwave Beacon for Ghost Armour though. Also, learn to make calculated sacrifices for example ; not wasting time trying to capture an Ethereal/Elite Muton/Berserker, training your 6 soldiers for the final mission asap, skipping Laser Tech, not researching the Blaster Launcher/Fusion Lance/Plasma Cannon/50+% of Foundry Projects. Stuff like that slashes down your time spent grinding and the Temple Mission is a joke anyway, so just get Plasma Tech, Ghost Armour, Foundry upgraded Scopes for everyone and send 2 people down each of the 3 paths.

I could write a fairly flawless guide for the final mission if I had the time, but it's so easy, that would be pointless anyway.

Be ruthless, be efficient and be methodical. My biggest problem was finding soldiers of my home country to be in my squad. The RNG even manages to screw me there and I end up with Yanks or Africans (no offence).

Just finished my fifth playthrough, all with different continents and didnt get the cheevo. Im pretty pissed. I have a save before the gollop chamber and before the last room of the assault for each of my playthroughs. Gonna replay the last bit of each and see if it unlocks. It better.

Just finished my fifth playthrough, all with different continents and didnt get the cheevo. Im pretty pissed. I have a save before the gollop chamber and before the last room of the assault for each of my playthroughs. Gonna replay the last bit of each and see if it unlocks. It better.

Let me know. I'm getting ready to put the finishing touches on MY fifth playthrough, and my nightmare is that the achievement won't unlock.

Let me know. I'm getting ready to put the finishing touches on MY fifth playthrough, and my nightmare is that the achievement won't unlock.

I went back and loaded the end of each in reverse order of which i originally played. It turned out that my first playthrough didnt initially register. But it did pop on the completion of the reload.

• 2 weeks later...

This has happened to me too. I didnt get the cheevos for beating Classic, Impossible or Aint No Cavalry Comin, but I reloaded my last auto save and beat the game again and they all popped in their respective playthroughs. Hopefully that doesn't happen after my Classic Ironman (5th and final) playthough. This is exactly why it is important to keep saves in each of your 5 playthoughs in the final chamber of the Assault Alien Base mission for these glitch situations. "glitchuations" :goofy: It's not being paranoid, its being smart.