Games that you are so close, yet so far away from 100%

Paulson

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MX vs ATV Untamed -- Only 1 achievement left and I will never get it. I gave it an honest try and I just don't have the skills.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- Only have the 100% achievement left. I'm fairly certain I can do it, but from what I remember, I have A LOT of gaps still left to do.

Tron - Only have the level 12 achievement left. If I spent the time to learn the level patterns (tanks and light cycles), I could probably do it... but I have so many other games I'd rather play.

Those are the only 90%+ completed games (according to TA) that I feel like would be a real challenge/grind.

As much as I love that game, there is no interest at all in that DLC. It will forever keep me from completing that game to 100%

Same story here. It's saddening :(

The GOTY is coming in October.

I think anyone who hasn't played it yet should pick that up when it arrives. I'm eager to see what the cover art for the GOTY Edition will look like.

Soul Calibur 5

I got Sudden Temptation late last night (pain in the ass) which is the hardest achievement in the game. Now I just need 100 impacts, which is not counting correctly and then I need to grind out Wind of Battle which is another 35k m moved during fights. Such a stupid grind of an achievement.

New Rally X. Can't get the last one to save my life.

That one gave me a little bit of grief, but an hour or 2 of practice should do the achievement in.

Batman: Arkham City

I _could_ have finished that game. But the idea of 400+ challenge rooms put me off. If Batman origins has anywhere near this many, I won't be buying it.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Done everything except the crystals. Have to do a whole playthrough to get them all though. Really can't be bothered.

Deus Ex

Got everything except the "No alarms" achievement. Which is really annoying as I spent a long time trying to get it (and didn't realise I hadn't). Doubt I'll ever get it now.

Dead Space 2

Everything's done except the hardcore playthrough (which I'm half way through). But as it's been almost 2 years since I last touched that game, I doubt I'm ever going to do it now :(

Oblivion. I'm 1 cheevo away from 100% completion. On the DLC you have 2 paths to choose. I became the Duke of Dementia but just didn't feel like playing for 3 more days to become Duke of Mania (or vice versa) to get that last cheevo. So I sit at 59 out of 60 achievements lol. Oh well...

Sonic the Hedgehog: Speedy Win

Should be easy to beat the game in under forty minutes by abusing the save state function, but last time I played it red-ringed my console, and rather than repairing it for a third time, I put out for a Slim. Now I have to wait till December to transfer my licenses, and for some reason it won't let me play Sonic, even when I'm signed in online. Not a big deal, but it is annoying to see 11 of 12 achievements in what should be an easy completion.

• 3 weeks later...