Ultimate XBA FAQ

Yunder

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where I should have asked this, and I dont feel like it is new thread worthy because it is just a silly question.

Since this website is called xbox360achievements.org.

360. Not Durango, 720, infinity, what ever the hell the other rumors are.

Is anything going to change when the new xbox comes out? I feel like the site will lose a lot of traffic if it appears outdated to the previous xbox.

Not sure where I should have asked this, and I dont feel like it is new thread worthy because it is just a silly question.

Since this website is called xbox360achievements.org.

360. Not Durango, 720, infinity, what ever the hell the other rumors are.

Is anything going to change when the new xbox comes out? I feel like the site will lose a lot of traffic if it appears outdated to the previous xbox.

I assume you don't frequent the FAQ forums ;).

Brought up quite a bit lately, they'll cover for it. Nothing official has been said, but they'll likely change the URL to something more relevant and have the old one forward to the new one.

http://gfxuploader.com/images/6288j08li7sz8ngnxosh.png

This thread should clear up some of those common questions when new users first look around on the forum. If you have any questions, search below and hopefully you'll find your answer.

SPAM PRECAUTION

Due to the arrival of Spam bots, new users won't be able to edit any of their profile details until they first hit 5 posts. This means; signatures, profile pictures, avatars, gamertags, etc. If you attempt to edit any of your details, you will be presented with this message until you hit 5 posts:

If you keep seeing this message, don't fret! Posting is easy, and there are tons of threads that you can post in. However, if you are caught spamming to 5 posts, not only will your posts be deleted, you may be issued an infraction or even a ban. You'll keep seeing that message until you hit 5 posts, so once you do, you can edit your details.

========================================

Getting Started: Some of the most commonly asked questions users have, is dealing with their profile. The information below will answer all your questions about the site's features.

Posts & Threads

Before jumping into the forums and posting everywhere, always check the search function. There are certain threads in each game's forum.

• Don't double post
  • Abusive posts won't be tolerated
  • Don't bump threads
  • Search before you post

These four rules are just the basic of the forum rules. You can view the rest of the forum rules here.

Profiles

Posting

Road Map & Guide Writing

Reporting Issues:

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads, you should be an expert in working your way through the forums. Plus, you'll be on your way to making threads, writing guides, and overall providing more information to help the site grow.

Getting Tech:

There are bound to be technical problems when playing your xbox, or dealing with your internet. The following threads will provide solid information to help with your problems. However, if these threads can't resolve your problem, post in the forum below you may find your answer there.

Graphics/Media:

If you would like a custom avatar or signature made, x360a has its own forum for all of its artists. You can ask in here for anything custom, or if you have questions regarding tutorials or anything else, this is the best place to ask.

Game Related: Any information regarding any game can be found within these threads.

Each game has its own forum, as well. If you can't find an answer to a question within one of the listed threads above, try a Game's own forum. You may find you answer there.

when does the new xbox comes out is it like in december

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick question.

How do i update my gamer tag mine says 104615 yet my gamer score is over 120k.And when i go to my profile it says that it is 82093 gamer score.

I have tried linking my account and i know that i have spelt my gt right

I did want to reply in the other thread but it was closed.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Guest Scotty
Just a quick question.

How do i update my gamer tag mine says 104615 yet my gamer score is over 120k.And when i go to my profile it says that it is 82093 gamer score.

I have tried linking my account and i know that i have spelt my gt right

I did want to reply in the other thread but it was closed.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

for your score to update you need to be on the site leaderboards, which is done automatically, provided you fulfill some criteria. basically, you need 50 posts, be actively posting, i.e., at least 1 post every 60 days, and to have your live profile set to public. you currently have 44 posts, so when you hit 50 you will be added to the leaderboards within 6-12 hours and your score will refresh roughly every 6 hours after that.

all of this is answered in much more detail in the sticky, found HERE.

• 2 months later...
Well I looked through this first and didnt see anything. I have noticed my post count has stopped at 33 for some reason. I know for a fact its wrong...and when I look at my profile I should have 38-39 according to my history.

Your post count is reading 39 posts as of right now. (8:45 EST) There are certain areas in the forums that do not contribute to post count, so if you have been posting in those areas, it will not increase.

Is there going to be a new website for the xbox one or is it just going to be this one?

The domain name will change (but i believe x360a will still be there as a redirect) and there will be a few cosmetic changes as we rebrand to something that better encompasses everything we'll be doing. This should all be rolling out in the next couple of weeks with the launch of the XB1.

Your post count is reading 39 posts as of right now. (8:45 EST) There are certain areas in the forums that do not contribute to post count, so if you have been posting in those areas, it will not increase.

Yeah I was in OT. Seems with forums I can spend 10 minutes before posting trying to fix a problem and as soon as I post boom I will have realized the problem.

The domain name will change (but i believe x360a will still be there as a redirect) and there will be a few cosmetic changes as we rebrand to something that better encompasses everything we'll be doing. This should all be rolling out in the next couple of weeks with the launch of the XB1.

ta squashead

• 2 weeks later...
FYI: I clicked the signature request link and it brought me to an error message.

It is working fine for me when I click on it

Until a mod comes around to update it, this is what you're looking for:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=503718

I thought that updated automatically for anyone who posts at least once in the last 60 days (There is a lag of a few hours before it updates)

Edited by Delta3519

FYI: I clicked the signature request link and it brought me to an error message.

Until a mod comes around to update it, this is what you're looking for:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=503718

Thanks kaleido. I've got the FAQ updated with the correct link now :)

I thought that updated automatically for anyone who posts at least once in the last 60 days (There is a lag of a few hours before it updates)

You're thinking of leaderboards and gamercards. VividChaos was asking about an invalid link in the FAQ. kaleido provided the correct link and I've updated the FAQ to reflect the correct link.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok Thank you for this helpful guide and everything i have read with in it... But i am still having some problems with my profile and gamer card showing up on my account

You need to qualify for the site leaderboards to have your gamercard show on your account. Everything you need to know about this can be read HERE:)