What is the Best FPS (new & revised)

Ninja Kaspyr 83

WHAT IS THE BEST FPS. I can't name all. (multiplayer, campain, playability, DLC)  

267 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS THE BEST FPS. I can't name all. (multiplayer, campain, playability, DLC)

• Halo Series
    • Call of Duty Series
    • Battlefield Series
    • Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout Series
    • Bordelands
    • Bioshock Series
    • Half Life Series
    • Doom/Duke Nukem Series
    • Left 4 Dead Series
    • Others (Rainbow Series, Homefront, Medal Of Honor, etc)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
I wouldn't consider Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim a FPS. They are RPG's strictly. Fallout is a RPG with guns and FPS type combat.

Remind me which gun you use in Skyrim?

Can't you just pretend your hand is a gun and the magic is a bullet? It has the aspect of FPS. First Person view. Third person view. It's a very small aspect, but they are called RPGs because that's what they are. If they made CoD into RPG, would you not call them FPS? It still has that feature.

I do believe that the Oblivion definitely, and Fallout shouldn't be on the list. It's a whole 'nother story.

What about Borderlands? Is that RPG and shouldn't be allowed on here? Or is it FPS and shouldn't be allowed in an RPG poll? It's essentially the same idea.

I voted Half-Life series.

The problem with most of the "modern" FPS games is that their campaigns feature incredibly derivative and repetitive story lines (Bioshock is a notable exception) thereby making SP mostly pointless. Their multiplayer feature unbalanced weapons, criminally poorly designed maps, stupid "perk" systems that unfairly disadvantage new players and ridiculously childish communities. Communities so bad they make the old CS hacker community look good.

I voted Half-Life series.

The problem with most of the "modern" FPS games is that their campaigns feature incredibly derivative and repetitive story lines (Bioshock is a notable exception) thereby making SP mostly pointless. Their multiplayer feature unbalanced weapons, criminally poorly designed maps, stupid "perk" systems that unfairly disadvantage new players and ridiculously childish communities. Communities so bad they make the old CS hacker community look good.

Perfectly put IMO.

Borderlands

Call of duty

Bioshock

Halo

I like borderlands and bioshock because of other elements of the game like graphics style and music and the game play was not to shabby either. I like Call of Duty and Halo because they are just solid shooters.

I will also add in Goldeneye 64 because i loved that game especially playing the multiplayer back in the day.

Edited by SicklyPlague

To me it's:

CoD series: Some of the campaigns are great (lots of memorable moments), the MPs arcade-y and fun to an extent, and it does have the largest fanbase (if we're going by sales/forum count) in our generation- so you'll probably find a game rather quickly.

Fallout (3 & NV?): My favorite RPG franchise on the newer consoles. Great fun and replay value in every game, loads of customization options, infinite possibilities of routes to take (almost sandbox-like) when going through your adventures. New Vegas even adds a step up from the Fallout 3 guns by adding newer mechanics and mods!

Borderlands: Open RPG + Full Coop, need I say more? (You'd assume there'd be more games like this... but surprisingly Borderlands is somewhat unique.) Tons of loot (if you like to collect or compare, you WILL get gun-lust), scaling in difficulty, and other small factors make Borderlands a great game.

I know that Battlefield deserves something, but I do not like the newest incarnation in the series... so I'd rather not say anything about it. :)

That is because the addition of vehicles is one of the worst things that has ever happened to the genre.

You think so? I have to say I immensly enjoy driving around in tanks in BF 3 (well, I usded to before they switched armor for paper -_-). Also, the vehicles in Halo were fun even though the controls sucked.

You think so? I have to say I immensly enjoy driving around in tanks in BF 3 (well, I usded to before they switched armor for paper -_-). Also, the vehicles in Halo were fun even though the controls sucked.

When I play a shooter game I want to play a shooter game. Not a game that gives weak aimers a crutch to make up for their lack of skill and griefers yet another tool to piss people off with. There is very good reason why pretty much no FPS game that features vehicles has ever been used in big time cash tournaments (unless vehicles have been disabled).

Edited by bigbear.

Lol. Someone tell me how the hell Elder Scrolls and Fallout are FPS's? Fail.

It's First Person shooting game.

Sure they're RPG, but they still have FPS in it.

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about it. We're not the committee board of games or anything

I see your point about Fallout as shooting is the primary combat mechanic. Definitely a RPGFPS.

But Elder scrolls? No way, Swords, Axes, Hammers, magic, etc play as big if not a bigger roll than 'shooting' as well as the fact that the whole game can be played 3rd person....

A FPS game is a game where the primary focus is the FPS. Anything else is just a game with FPS elements.

I voted Battlefield as it's the best series on the list that i play specifically for the FPS elements.

Edited by H2O