Special Operations Strategies

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Nice guide - thanks for the help.

I think this is wrong however.

When I played this last night my buddy got three stars while I only got two.

Players have to reach the end on their own.

The flag gate race does function cooperatively so one play can stay behind picking up gate time.

Homeland Security:

What you want to do is take the claymore and grab a turret and put it in the gas station looking at the restaurants. Take the second turret and put it a little bit near the restaurant behind the gas station, watching the gas station. Place claymores around the other entrance and grab a M-14 and a Scar or other rifle. Hold out, and kill all the enemies with the M-14's thermal vision. WATCH OUT FOR THE PREDATOR DRONE! The game warns you, and when it does, rush inside a building. For the tank, use RPGs, and for the Chopper grab the LMG and shoot at it.

Done this on vet. and the turrets are down by wave 3 where exactly do u places these turrets. We hold up in the gas station by wave 4 we are dead. Could someone please give me a strategy please.

Take cover inside of the diner and put the two turrets at each corner. My turrets never went down and I was mind boggled as to why anyone would want to be outside.

Great guide man. Extremely helpful, especially the 2nd to last one in Echo, with the 10 juggernauts that you just have explosives and a knife. The last one didn't seem hard at all, since you get the .50 cal which whoops juggernauts' asses like their nothing. Yea to the guy above, for Homeland Security you definitely gotta go inside the diner and set-up the turrets. I have no idea how the hell you can do that one actually staying outside.:uzi::eek:

Take cover inside of the diner and put the two turrets at each corner. My turrets never went down and I was mind boggled as to why anyone would want to be outside.

Wow, he's right. I was having trouble with this one but putting the two turrets inside the diner by the two corners did most of the work for me. One thing you can improve on is putting C4 on the right flank where people might show up trying to get through the backdoor and one or two for the front. Obviously you do this during the ten second break in between rounds. Tried it this way on hardened, beat it pretty easily, then tried it again on Veteran and beat my time by two minutes :)

On snatch and grab, the rushing method at the end doesn't really work when you're playing co-op since there are way more enemies respawning. I'm sure it could work of course for super skilled players, but we've tried it a few times with no sucess. Anybody have a better plan for the last portion of this mission? I can't do it alone so it has to be co-op.

On snatch and grab, the rushing method at the end doesn't really work when you're playing co-op since there are way more enemies respawning. I'm sure it could work of course for super skilled players, but we've tried it a few times with no sucess. Anybody have a better plan for the last portion of this mission? I can't do it alone so it has to be co-op.
Take it slow. Stick to one container and cover both sides. After the danger is cooled, move up.

Terminal Walkthrough

=================

Works flawlessly with 1 or 2 players.

The area you spawn - take a look around, you will see weapons on the ground, and behind you a small staircase leading down to a dead end. This staircase is vital to success so remember where not only that is, but your spawn room. Here is a play by play of what to do.

-Exit the spawn room, but only walk out a little, 3 men will spawn to your right, one holds a riot shield.

-Enter your spawn room again, as you enter it go prone next to the main door out of the spawn room (the one you just went out of to spawn the 3 men).

-Wait till the riot soldier enters, immediately knife him and grab his shield, the other 2 men stay back.

-Exit again and riot smash the 2 soldiers by clicking in the right stick, one hit each takes them out.

-Go back to your spawn room, and lay one claymore at the top of the dead end staircase, facing towards the spawn room. Keep your riot shield, and pick up an RPG.

-Leave the spawn room now and head to middle of the main room, an elevator will drop, when this happens run back to the spawn room, and stay at the top of the staircase.

-As soldiers enter, hit them with riot shield and they will drop, any incoming fire will not hit you as your guarded.

-Once standard guys are downed, a small army of riot men will come for you, normally about 4 or 5 in a line, quickly lay one claymore at the entrance to the spawn room, then hide down the small dead end staircase.

-The spawn room claymore will take out at least one guy, the second one at the top of the stairs another, once the second (stairs) claymore pops, immediately fire one RPG at the ceiling of the spawn room, fire it from the bottom of the dead end staircase.

-You should have cleared wave one, and will rinse and repeat this for every wave, only difference being you will need to move more forward to spawn each ambush, after this is done retreat back to your spawn asap.

There are 2 issues I found when doing this:

1) Grenades it is rare they throw them at you, but if they do, either return them, or run quick, on my 2 successful plays, no grenades was thrown at me.

2) Sometimes you will get a straggler riot guy, if this happens, at the bottom of the dead end staircase you can go round slightly, stand here and knife stragglers that come down, after 2 claymores and an RPG you should only have one guy come down, when I did this the RPG finished everyone off, so this is just a backup plan.

Edited by Evo Kazz

I'm having so much trouble in Homeland Security, me and my partner just about make it to Wave 4 but allways die.

We got to wave 5 (final wave) once but they have like 50 hostiles, preditor drone, 3 helis and tanks and all we have is two turrets! the first turret dies in wave 2 or 3 and we tend to use the second one if we make it to the final wave which we only have once out of like 10 tries!..INSANE!!

Tips?

For Snatch and Grab:

I've been attempting this one on Veteran with a friend and we've had some issues with it. After we grab the intel and begin to snipe the enemies beyond it (and the one juggernaut there) a second juggernaut comes at us from behind after a minute or so. It doesn't end well for us.

Does anyone know where this one juggernaut spawns? We were thinking using that knowledge to position ourselves so we could snipe him before he rushed close enough to wreck us with his LMG.

Considering how we blew through Alpha, Beta, Delta and the rest of Charlie very easily we're at a loss as to why this one mission is just so hard for us.

Tips would greatly be appreciated--thank you!

Having the same problems on Snatch and Grab! Doing this on my own most of the time. Once i grab the Intel i snipe all of the guys from the planewreck. Before sliding down the "bong" sounds sawns a Jugger behind me and i run back outside to get a little space...i kill him just to slide down in the "safe" area to hear another "bong" and a second Jugger that kills me...really annoying!!!

I heard it is better to do Wetwork alone...because there are half as many enemies in the last room as when you play it coop...any advices!?

Still missing Snatch and Grab, Wetworks and Armor Piercing!

Hook up with...to play on coop!!! Very good CoD Player...just not good enough to do those 3 on my own...

TommyGun81

I've been attempting this one on Veteran with a friend and we've had some issues with it. After we grab the intel and begin to snipe the enemies beyond it (and the one juggernaut there) a second juggernaut comes at us from behind after a minute or so. It doesn't end well for us.

Does anyone know where this one juggernaut spawns? We were thinking using that knowledge to position ourselves so we could snipe him before he rushed close enough to wreck us with his LMG.

Considering how we blew through Alpha, Beta, Delta and the rest of Charlie very easily we're at a loss as to why this one mission is just so hard for us.

Having the same problems on Snatch and Grab! Doing this on my own most of the time. Once i grab the Intel i snipe all of the guys from the planewreck. Before sliding down the "bong" sounds sawns a Jugger behind me and i run back outside to get a little space...i kill him just to slide down in the "safe" area to hear another "bong" and a second Jugger that kills me...really annoying!!!

I heard it is better to do Wetwork alone...because there are half as many enemies in the last room as when you play it coop...any advices!?

For those having difficulty with Snatch & Grab...

If a Juggernaut spawns behind you when your sniping enemies below, turn around (facing the Juggernaut) and run out the right side of the plane then immediately left, there's a plane in front of you that you can climb up into and the Juggernauts can't get you there. Then you just carefully snipe them.

Someone mentioned this method on Youtube and I'm so grateful he did, when me and my friend were trying it, 4 juggernauts spawned behind us!

Ended up killing a grand total of 6 that time lol

Edited by vx Ducky xv

For Snatch and Grab:

This one was a real pain. Mostly because we never saw an end to the juggernauts. Here's what we did after grabbing the intel.

Player 1 goes into the plane and starts sniping people. He kills as many as possible from here, stay a while and clear everyone.

Player 2 watches for juggernauts. It's hard to describe, but there's a perfect place for it. Near an airplane off slightly to the left (when you're looking toward the exit) in the intel area, there are two gray steel barrels. Crouch behind them. Look back where you came from and you should see a forklift palette (wooden about 6 inches thick) on its side leaning against a plane. The juggernauts all come from just left of it. When one appears start hitting him with the intervention and have player 1 come back and assist. You should be able to hold off about 4-5 of them no problem.

When you're ready to go. Hop down out of the plane and head left. Sprint the whole way to the finish, killing anyone who shows up if necessary. If you can't find the juggernaut spot let me know and I'll try to describe it better, but this was the only thing that finally worked for us.

Edited by davidbk1
Clarification

When you're breaching into a room on veteran is the difficulty the same as on normal? We're stuck on that echo mission and want to practise on normal to get the second breach down but will the enemies be the samee?

Yup, but youre better off doing it the campaign as there's a checkpoint right there. The only easy day was yesterday level.