Poker Night 2 will unlock items in BL2

Doktor Wilhelm

I'm not sure how it will work, but Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 on the Xbox 360 will unlock Heads and a Skin in Borderlands 2 (plus a Bloodwing avatar pet!?)!

It's a shame that Zero seems to be the only one who gets a Skin (as well as a head)...

Link: http://www.telltalegames.com/pokernight2/unlocks/xbox

Edit: Seems like the game is due out on Tuesday 23rd April (as that's when it's released on Steam)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/Wilhelm/unlocks-borderlands2_zps0bfde493.png

New edit (18/04/03): There's a trailer for the unlocks (though I never seem to be able to get Youtube links to work on here?)!

It seems that the items may actually be unlocked via completing challenges within the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCHAPsAxHJA]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCHAPsAxHJA[/ame]

Another new edit (24/04/13): I've written a guide about how to unlock the items over on the Poker Night 2 boards (was thinking of also posting it over here, but it seems a bit redundant as there's already this thread): http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=456338

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm
I've attempted to write a guide on unlocking the items!

Siren and Gunzerker seem to have gotten the short end of the deal here, with very lack lustre customisations for both. Personally, I love the Zer0 skin and think that Axton's head is pretty awesome too. On the fence about Gaige's; I like it for the comedy aspect but I'm not sure I could look at it for too long (if I was playing co-op with someone who had it).

Just depends how they unlock. I can't say I particularly enjoy Poker, so.. D:

Siren and Gunzerker seem to have gotten the short end of the deal here, with very lack lustre customisations for both. Personally, I love the Zer0 skin and think that Axton's head is pretty awesome too. On the fence about Gaige's; I like it for the comedy aspect but I'm not sure I could look at it for too long (if I was playing co-op with someone who had it).

Just depends how they unlock. I can't say I particularly enjoy Poker, so.. D:

You're crazy, gunzerker got the best one. The amazing golden mullet of Brock Samson cannot be beat. Any word on how or when we can get these?

Seems like the game is due out on Tuesday 23rd April (as that's when it's released on Steam)

That's a new Zer0 head as well...seems like he's going to get a skin and head and the others are only getting heads.

Aha, yes so it is!

Any word on how or when we can get these?

In the first game at the start of a game a character would sometimes say that they didn't have the money to join in the game and instead offer something of theirs as collateral to pay in, since the items seem to match the characters, this seems likely for this game too.

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm

Im guessing there will be even more customizations showing up in the future, with 1 head for each and a skin for one. Siren got hers on the Hammerlock DLC, now Zero gets one. In the future maybe we will see new sets of heads and a skin for one of the three others. Just guessing ofcourse, but it makes sense.

Just hope I dont have to win a poker game to get these. The odds of that happening is about the same as me growing a full beard. :p

Edited by Fand3nsOld3mor

Im guessing there will be even more customizations showing up in the future, with 1 head for each and a skin for one. Siren got hers on the Hammerlock DLC, now Zero gets one. In the future maybe we will see new sets of heads and a skin for one of the three others. Just guessing ofcourse, but it makes sense.

Just hope I dont have to win a poker game to get these. The odds of that happening is about the same as me growing a full beard. :p

Ah, I forgot about the Siren already having an extra skin!

Yep, If it's anything like the first you'll have to win, I don't know how I managed it in the first game, I didn't (and still don't) have any skills at poker... :confused:

Ah, I forgot about the Siren already having an extra skin!

Yep, If it's anything like the first you'll have to win, I don't know how I managed it in the first game, I didn't (and still don't) have any skills at poker... :confused:

Oh crap. I dont like to give up before I have even tried, but this time I might just as well. Me and poker are not friends.

According to the Steam page, you have to win at a table with Brock Samson, Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness, and Sam from Sam & Max.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234710/

Oh crap. I dont like to give up before I have even tried, but this time I might just as well. Me and poker are not friends.

If it's rewarded as a dupe-able item, I'll dupe them for you. If it's loaded directly into your customization station, well then I can't help. But I'm rather decent at poker, and will probably buy the game just for the skins.

Edited by Drucifer82

According to the Steam page, you have to win at a table with Brock Samson, Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness, and Sam from Sam & Max.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234710/

If it's rewarded as a dupe-able item, I'll dupe them for you. If it's loaded directly into your customization station, well then I can't help. But I'm rather decent at poker, and will probably buy the game just for the skins.

Appreciated. :woop:

Yeah, it seem likely that the heads are put up as collateral by characters: Brock Samson (Gunzerker Head), Claptrap (Siren Head?), Ash from Army of Darkness (Commando Head), and Sam (Mechromancer Head).

But the Assassin head seems to be from GLaDOS?

Then there's the Avatar Awards, which seem to be from Claptrap and GLaDOS?

The Gunzerker one sucks. I'm not interested.

I'm guessing it'll only really appeal to fans of The Venture Bros. :p

I like Zer0's, he looks rather snazzy, thankfully I main an Assassin... Maybe I'll have to change my look from Skinny Darth Vader wannabe (D4rk Expl0rer/Dark Night)...

Axton's head is okay, I guess...

Maya get another shitty head...

Gaige's head is too small, even the real Max's head is bigger than that!

I am so excited for the Evil Ash head, the portal head and the brock head. I think Maya's is a little lackluster compared to all the others, and Gaige's is just silly and kind of arbitrary; she has another rabbit head.

Also, the avatar items look nice. A necronomicon, bloodwing, glados (i think), a wizard outfit it looks like, and some sort of white sphere. I don't know about anyone else, but I love avatar items and BL skins/heads. :3

I'm guessing it'll only really appeal to fans of The Venture Bros. :p

I like Zer0's, he looks rather snazzy, thankfully I main an Assassin... Maybe I'll have to change my look from Skinny Darth Vader wannabe (D4rk Expl0rer/Dark Night)...

Axton's head is okay, I guess...

Maya get another shitty head...

Gaige's head is too small, even the real Max's head is bigger than that!

Zero0 is supposed to be a turret from Portal.

http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/portal-turret.jpg

Just more content the season pass doesn't get you, not that I'm worrried because there isn't much to miss out on.

Though I'm pissed off about DLC being released during the lifetime of the 'season pass', I don't really consider cross game promotional content as the same thing as DLC, because you're not paying for the extras, they are free*!

*With the purchase of another game!

Playing Poker Night 2 now for 4 hours. I've only unlocked 2 of the 5 skins.. while doing the dashboard to avoid losing your chip stack. to unlock the items for the characters its either randomized or in a select order. For my 2 it was Gunzerker then Axton. (I'll update after I get all the characters). The game is not bad for 800 points and you can get 400 gamerscore easily. It is frustrating to see you go to the flop all in with the better hand and then they have and lose repeatedly. The game is funny and entertaining.. I'd rate 6-7/10. I wanted to update for players thinking of getting this dlc. If anyone else has the game and input please post :D