Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Nozza

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that there may already be a few floating around here but I believe that mine are just as good if not better than most of them.

The gameplay is captured in HD, there are no annoying intros or logos in the video, there is no annoying commentary and all the intel locations are showed in context of the main action so that you can best orient yourself and find it.

Lemme know what you guys think.

I admit that your video guides are good, but to be fair, are they any better than the one that is already in the guide?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iowby0Tq4Cs]Modern Warfare 3 - All Intel Locations (Scout Leader Trophy / Achievement Guide) - YouTube[/ame]

Think saying yours has none of this, this and this doesn't necessary make it better. Personally I like both but feel neither is better than the other. If you posted them to get a few votes to then see if I'll put them in the guide, unfortunately I won't.

There's no difference personally from watching in action gameplay, to just looking at an area from Power's guides. When watching yours, I look at little land marks. So I'll be like "Right.. He's shooting guys at the top of a broken building slope" *remember area*.

I then watch Power's, and he's at the same bit, and I do the exact same thing. Though it's a little more easier as I don't have to watch you spend time trying to kill people before it's clear to find the Intel. Where as Power's get's straight to the point.

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go, but it seems like you're just posting in here to get views, subs and for me to maybe swap them out...

Just a heads up for No Assistance Required, i just did by myself in Split screen on Stay Sharp.

I already had 3 stars on my main account, decided to go and do 50/50 (17 kills each) and once my Guest 2 got 17 kills both the 50/50 and No Assistance Required achievement popped up.

So if you get 3 stars on Stay Sharp by yourself, and then attempt 50/50 with 2 controllers on Split Screen (my Guest 2 only got 1 Star) you should have both achievements pop up.

Just would like to point out that I've just done the first 'mission' with a second controllers on the Spec Ops to get the 50/50 achievement and to my surprise I also unlocked the No Assisstance Required achievement also.

For those who have two controllers, maybe you could try it my way? A lot easier =) Though my profile already had 2 stars, that might have also been a factor (I was taking my time due to controlling two controllers at the same time for 50/50 so couldn't have got more than 1 star anyway).

Same thing happened for me but then I (Controller 1) had already gotten 3 stars and the second controller was just a guest account - took my time and got 1 star at the end but i still got No Assistance Required

For a very easy No Assistance Required achievement, start the lobby up with 2 players either split screen or over XBL. Then select Milehigh Jack and choose veteran difficulty for both players then change the op to Stay Sharp. Run the course and the achievement will pop.

i can confirm that this works, as i just did it, a lot easier than going through mile high jack

also for Birdie, it might require you killing the choppers yourself and without any assistance (another player can't kill the other chopper)

might be easier to do this on the underpass one (third easy map) as you will only deal with choppers on wave 6 without other fighters.

the reason I mention this i did the requirements with someone else (neither got shot) and the achievement didn't pop, but the minute i did it alone, the achievement popped

Got a question about intel. There is total of 46, sure?

Act I:

- prologue: nothing

- 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 2

Act II:

- 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1

Act III:

- 2, 5, 2, 3

So there is 45, not 46. Where is the last one?

In Act I, the last mission, "Mind the Gap", there are 3 intels. You list 2.

From Neomop's guide:

NOTES:

- There are a lot of people saying that they can only get 45/46 intel. This is NOT the case. On the mission "Mind the Gap", the pause screen will show 2 intel available from the start of the mission until you reach the crashed subway part. After you crash the subway, pause again and it will show the last intel available.

That makes 46 intel. Look here for pictures guide of all the intel, or at the various video guides posted in this forum or on Youtube.

JohnnyRogue24 has posted on his Youtube channel very good videos on how to 3-star every Spec Ops Mission. He currently has 10 of the 16 missions up, but has stated that they are all done and he just needs to post them.

I think the thread below or his Youtube channel should be linked to this guide.

He has also said that he is going to be doing all of the Survival maps.

3 Star Walkthrough for Spec Ops Missions

Perhaps that thread deserves a sticky? :woop:

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I think I've found the best way to boost Spec-Ops XP, and that is to play Invisible Threat on Regular. Get down to one or two bombs left and then camp right in front of the ammo crate near the end of the street. From here you can see both spawn points.

The enemies (so far) are infinitely spawning, so that means easy but boring grinding. Works pretty well since you have an LMG and sweet aim assist.

Edited by Tyger7

Just a heads up for No Assistance Required, i just did by myself in Split screen on Stay Sharp.

I already had 3 stars on my main account, decided to go and do 50/50 (17 kills each) and once my Guest 2 got 17 kills both the 50/50 and No Assistance Required achievement popped up.

So if you get 3 stars on Stay Sharp by yourself, and then attempt 50/50 with 2 controllers on Split Screen (my Guest 2 only got 1 Star) you should have both achievements pop up.

I don't understand this. Headache in a paragraph! Lol!

For the Weapon Armory achievement, do you just have to buy the attachments once, or every attachment for every weapon?

I would think just once seeing as there is about 40 weapons each with several attachments. Plus in the Barracks section I would think each weapon would have a sub category for the weapon attachments rather then one separate to the weapons if they expected you to buy every one. That would just be way too many.

I just hope it is only the once anyway.

hey great videos on here, wondering if anyone is having the same problem as im having.. just finished the campaign and im missing most of the campaign achievements also i played it on veteran and it wouldnt give me the beat it on veteran avhievement. idk how to fix it.