Either It's too hard, I suck, or doing something wrong?

Tsaako

Better late than never but I decided to pick this up seeing as it was only £10 at a local shop. I'm rather early into the game and just trying to do missions.

I'm only at level 7 and I'm trying to do the "By the seeds of your pants" mission from T.K Baha (?) problem is I'm really struggling, the badass skunk or whatever it's called keeps hitting me and I die after 2 hits.

So yeah, am I doing something wrong? Does those few extra levels really make a difference on this game?

you do have to grind a bit. try to level up and get better weapons and a better shield. it takes a bit of work at the beginning.

Ugh, I don't suppose you could be a bit more specific in the advice? Just played it again today but the missions I've got available lead me to monsters that are levels above me and take down my shields really quick.

Is there any topics about or possible video guides that should help me get started?

Ugh, I don't suppose you could be a bit more specific in the advice? Just played it again today but the missions I've got available lead me to monsters that are levels above me and take down my shields really quick.

Is there any topics about or possible video guides that should help me get started?

There's really nothing that can help you other than simply playing the game. The start is hard, but it'll get "easier" as you play.

Only things you can do is either get a buddy in around the same level to help you. Or you can run around the area(s) and kill the enemies in the area to boost your level and equipment up a bit.

What character are you playing as?

Make sure the quests that you're doing are doable i.e check your quest log thing and if it says medium or harder then you're gonna have a bad time. You need to do quests that are trivial or easy until you've leveled up a bit.

Edited by DarnedCargo
Grammar or Grammer??

Make sure the quests that you're doing are doable i.e check your quest log thing and if it says medium or harder then you're gonna have a bad time. You need to do quests that are trivial or easy until you've leveled up a bit.

Honestly, this is what I missed. I feel so stupid now. I was trying to do a mission on tough / hard / impossible and didn't know there was quests available that was for normal and trivial. Been doing a few missions now and getting into the groove of things.

Silly me!

What character are you playing as?

Roland I think his name is? The soldier class.

I do have an additional question though, is there something I should be making a priority of when using skill points? I have 3/5 for Impact, 1/5 for defence and 1/5 for fitness.

Edit - Surprised I got so many replies, would of thought with the game being a few years old I'd of struggled to find someone to answer lol.

Edited by Tsaako

Roland I think his name is? The soldier class.

I do have an additional question though, is there something I should be making a priority of when using skill points? I have 3/5 for Impact, 1/5 for defence and 1/5 for fitness.

Edit - Surprised I got so many replies, would of thought with the game being a few years old I'd of struggled to find someone to answer lol.

this game is relatively easy, but it is difficult at first. honestly, i dont think you chose the best character, but of course, thats just an opinion. i would have chosen lilith, the siren. her phasewalk makes the game unbelievably easy.

try to use the turret all the time and focus on upgrading that before anything else, then i would focus on health/shields second. also make use of the different elements for the different enemies. each enemy is weaker towards certain elements. try not to bother with explosive element, it not really all that good. fire is probably the best, so get yourself a weapon with fire damage and a good corrosive weapon.

this game is relatively easy, but it is difficult at first. honestly, i dont think you chose the best character, but of course, thats just an opinion. i would have chosen lilith, the siren. her phasewalk makes the game unbelievably easy.

try to use the turret all the time and focus on upgrading that before anything else, then i would focus on health/shields second. also make use of the different elements for the different enemies. each enemy is weaker towards certain elements. try not to bother with explosive element, it not really all that good. fire is probably the best, so get yourself a weapon with fire damage and a good corrosive weapon.

Hmm you made me think there for a second. I was trying to get the achievement for getting 15 kills using ability and sort of found good use using Lilith's ability. Although I was early in the game for that character, I can see it being useful for those moments when I'm crowded by swarms of enemies and low on health. The damage is always great too.

I then started thinking about the soldier's turret, although I've rarely used it. It has it's uses and now I'm unsure on which character to continue with seeing as I'm only level 14 on it.

Regardless, I think I'm getting the swing of things for this game and can see myself having fun. For some reason I had some trouble with the learning curve.

• 4 weeks later...

I´ve just started this a couple of days ago... already at lvl 17 Siren...

The first levels were really more difficult, but after a couple of good lots and a decent shotgun and sniper things got much simpler.

Even some tricky quest can be done if you have the right strategy.

Did not go on co-op yet, but am looking forward to it.

If you are still struggling and want someone to go over the game let me know.

South Park reference?

OT: Some parts can be quite tricky at first, just make sure to go around doing side quests and don't rush things, explore a little and kill what you can because all the exp makes the difference.