Get rich quick!!!!!!!$$$$$$$

BUJIKAN

Once you open up the ability to use "Bruski's Scrapyard", oh boy, it's big time MONEY!!! And unlike other "Get Rich Quick" scheme's, this one works!

Travel to Bruski's Scrapyard (at the top of the map, big "B"). Once you're there, drive the car you drove there in, into the car compactor. BaM! $400 something dollars. YOu'll notice some model car sitting there to the left of the compactor. Grab it, drive the track around the whole scrapyard, and when you see the compactor again, voila!!! a new car has taken the place of the one you just broke into and drove around the scrapyard in!!!!

This absolutely works every time, and you will see different models of cars show up after you drive around the track. That route was the shortest I could find, but technically you may not even have to drive that far. I used to drive farther and steal other cars, until I figured this out and then felt dumb and like I had wasted a bunch of time. Sure you can get other cars which pay more, but this way last easily under a minute. In no time you'll have many thousands of dollars. I'm at $50,000 something right now. HOPE YOU ENJOY! :Bounce::Bounce::woop::):uzi:

p.s. forgot to add you can't compact cars that came with your garage, it won't except them, that and I can't get huge cars to fit into the compactor either ;).

Edited by BUJIKAN
needed to add a little extra

Well how wonderful for you, what I do with it is not your concern, giving people the advice how to get rich quick was my point, duh.

Oh yeah, other tid bits, you only need to take the first left going around the track, you don't have to do the whole track of the scrapyard, just take that first left, it's quicker. Also, once you've been doing this process for a while, funny enough the compactor goes nuts like stuck on a glitch and it will just keep compacting without giving you money. When this happens just drive completely out the scrapyard and then come back and it's fine. Hope this helps all the people that care, and for the other's, like mr. naysayer above, eat it ;). YUM!

I did this several times during the game and it turned out to be a complete waste of time. One reason was OldBayFries spoiler above. Another was that the game mostly locks you into using specific equipment in missions so you can't use what you buy anyway. You're far better off just playing through the story and only using the scrapyard at the few spots where you do need to get some quick money to progress.

• 2 months later...

You need a little bit of money to upgrade the hot-rod to get it upto speed for the achievement?

Also if your as crap as driving as I am and smash your '50 miles in one car' car, I need a couple of hundred every now n then to fix it.

Whilst I admit that there isnt that much to spend money on as a neccessity in the game, its like a condom; I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great. Thx. I found alot of things to spend my money on anyway.

I´ve found that all you have to do is to drive to your RIGHT. Full speed and handbrake U-turn just beyond the lamppole with the yellow and blackstripes on it. Drive back and Voila! A new car worth just above 400:-.

And if you pick the lock on the car drive down to the lamppole and back, leave that car outside the crusher, then go to the new car, drive down and back. Then the rest of the cars is now open. Just press Y.

Look around yourself people, not inwards!

Edited by PokerNick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

All you people giving the OP so much crap over this need to shut your pie-holes. There’s plenty to spend money on in this game. According to my game stats I’ve spent over $125,000 in the main game. I also spent $90k so far in Joe‘s adventure and I‘m about 75% done. Most of It on cars and some for weapons/ammo.

Upgrading one car with engine, paint, wheels etc. can run between $2000 and $3500, then you spend a couple hundred every time you drive it just to repair damage. On missions where you have to drive a vehicle other than your own, I like to run it by the shop and upgrade the engine. As far as picking up guns and ammo from enemy, I prefer to go into a mission fully stocked up whenever possible.

If you’re just breezing through the game to get achievements and nothing more, then don’t worry about it, but stop trying to say there isn’t anything to spend money on because there most certainly is! This game gets rather expensive.

While I’m at it, here’s a quick way to earn fast money in Joe’s adventure. You need to have space in your garage for a decent amount of cars. (10 or more) Go to the safehouse in Greenfield and drive an expensive car around for a few minutes (I found Ascot Bailey’s work best) until they start to spawn driving on the street the house is on. Put the one you’re driving in the garage and if there is any parked on the street, grab those and put them in the garage too. You can then stand at the end of your driveway and they should pass by every 30-60 seconds. Just walk in front of them so they stop and grab it. If the cops catch you, just bribe them. Keep parking them in the garage till it’s full, then go to the south side apt. (Oyster Bay) and take them from the garage and drive them to the docks and sell them. You can rack up mega cash fast this way.

*Note: I don’t know how the safe houses in Joe's Adv. are supposed to work. I read on another site you get access to them as you complete certain missions. When I first started out in the 1950’s I only had access to Joe’s apt. I played 2 missions, then I replayed the 1940’s mission, when I was there I had access to all three houses, I visited them (went inside and grabbed the playboy‘s) and then when I came back to 1950 I had access to them as well. You might try visiting them when you’re first in the 40’s and see if it works or replay the first mission like I did.

Edited by ReaptheChaos

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yeah, I figured this one out pretty quick myself, but I don't need to overload on money, just get enough to buy what I need, and then get on with the game... Kinda glad this game did not have a "have XXX amount of money" this would have been a grind if you had to do it for hours to achieve, like the drive for 50 miles thing...

• 1 year later...